**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• STGU_AfantomenSTGU_Afantomen Posts: 8
    Doonx wrote: »
    My iphone crashed twice, not just the app, while playing, after the update. It was stuck on the black loading circle! The 2nd crash lasted 5mins before going back to normal. Wow! Hesitant to open the game because Im afraid it would brick my phone.

iPhone 7 Plus
    iOS 11.4

Same here... happening 1-2 every hour both in quest and arena
  • _XxxX__XxxX_ Posts: 4
    frostbite, screen lock, war in slow motion, deaths, potions and empowerers we use .... you have to pay them. I'm really curious how you've ruined this game. Did you need a lot of time to spoil it? We can also lose aw just because of this. then what are you going to do. Using our iPhone was definitely a crime. apple for this situation Said, the game developer problem, there is no problem with the company's fault ...
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    Iphone frying here and restarting :'(:s
  • My phone was overheating and turning off today while playing the new update. The iPhone 7 plus I used has never had a problem with previous versions of this MCOC. I only play this game on the phone, so, what changed over the last week or so? Anyway, I submitted a ticket today regarding it.

This was the feedback I received, which I think will be useful for others.

"Hello,

Thank you for writing to us! My name is XXXXX, and I am more than happy to help you today.

I understand that you're coming across some issues with your Phone overheating while playing our game. I know how this can be pretty frustrating for you. I'm afraid that what you are experiencing though may not have to do with our game, but rather a hardware issue within your Phone itself, and I must advise a degree of caution when you come across this happening. Since our game requires a lot of processing power, you phone may be coming across a malfunction in its hardware to prevent it from pushing the processing power harder than it should, which causes the overheating. This can slowly result in your battery overheating and swelling, which is a big no-no for safety.

At your earliest convenience, I would suggest to have a phone repair service or something similar diagnose your device. I apologize for any sour news this makes for you, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors going forward. If you ever come across any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, and we will be happy to help out. "
  • SknZnSknZn Posts: 442 ★★★
    Any news on this issue? i mean they better fix it as soon as possible. When playing game still running but any other button freezes, and even auto restart? Are you kidding me? 1st i was oh okay I’ll be back in minut and its gonna be okay, and now its almost like 10-20min frequently delayed. It’s driving me into madness, can’t even play properly. Huge lagg during event boss fight ofc died. And most important part is, i think it’s affecting my messenger app, kind of lagged too. Never had this issue before. @Kabam Miike please do something asap! Don’t wanna lose my phone just because i played this game.
  • Sbt3Sbt3 Posts: 35
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7
    iOS 11.3
    WiFi connection.
    Since updating mcoc phone is getting hot draining the battery quickly. I have also had bad lagging in the game and the phone reset itself today while playing. No issues with other apps on the phone only MCOC.
  • Gohan2606Gohan2606 Posts: 21
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hey All,

I don't have an update on progress right now, but want to let you all know that we're currently going through all of the data you guys have given us, and will be doing some comparisons. We are investigating this thoroughly, and will update you all as soon as I have some news.

Hi all!

Just to provide another update, we are still investigating this issue, so thank you to everyone for continuing to provide your device information. This is really helpful.

So basically iPhone users can just stick it and lose any progress because we will get the typical answer it's not us it's your phone say it's time to use the TOS against the and all apple users file and arbitration claim against them
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    After my phone crashed, I pulled it out of it’s case (Apple Smart Case) and measured it with a temporal scanning thermometer and it came in at 105 degrees (F).
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Doonx wrote: »
    My iphone crashed twice, not just the app, while playing, after the update. It was stuck on the black loading circle! The 2nd crash lasted 5mins before going back to normal. Wow! Hesitant to open the game because Im afraid it would brick my phone.

Iphone 7 Plus
    IOS 11.4

This is precisely what happened to me twice. I run a 7+ with 11.4 and have gotten stuck at the spinning white pinwheel on black background both times. Both times were after finishing a fight (most recent a match in T4b) and screen went completely black.

Back of phone feels hot to touch. Zero problems prior to download. Advice please and quickly.

Only caveat: I didn’t buy any July 4 offers. Perhaps there was a “do not melt phone” boost I missed in one of them?

Dr. Zola
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
    i have an iphone 6s, ios 11.4
    never had problems with the game before.
    now i can't turn on the game for more than 5 minutes, it's laterally burning my hands. that's insane, also phone is restarting itself doring the fight.
  • Mekh2Mekh2 Posts: 14
    Device: iPhone 6s
    Issue: This has happened a few times
    -Game crashes in middle of game play.
    -Phone goes to load screen with loading circle.
    -Phone goes to Touch ID login screen.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    -OS - iOS 11,4
    -Device Model - iPhone 6S plus
    -Carrier -Tata docomo and IDEA
    -Wifi or Cellular Network - both
    -What issue are you experiencing? - excessive heating, game unresponsive at times, app crashing at pause fight or when left game open not playing, lag during fights, battery draining like boom
  • MyonMyon Posts: 7
    IPAD AIR1 ESTA TRAVANDO MUITO E AQUECENDO.
    -OS - iOS 11,4
    -Device Model - iPhone 6S plus
    -Carrier -Tata docomo and IDEA
    -Wifi or Cellular Network - both
    -What issue are you experiencing? - excessive heating, game unresponsive at times, app crashing at pause fight or when left game open not playing, battery draining super fast lag during fights
    Hi all!

To keep this thread as on topic, please clarify if you are experiencing new issues after the 19.0 update today and share as much detail as possible.
  • Drdre74Drdre74 Posts: 20
    Im running IOS 11.4 ON A IPHONE 6s plus. The game will play fine for awhile but my phone seems to run hot in my hands while playing and the game will crash and i get the black screen with the spinning wheel and then i have to put my phone code back in and reopen the game. Ive lost a few fights in war because of it and while doing act 5. It crashes a few times a day. I restarted and rebooted and even deleted the game and reinstalled and its still doing it.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    You all are brave. I won't be using an apple product to play the game. I don't want an expensive brick. Which means I won't be playing much.
    Hey All,

I don't have an update on progress right now, but want to let you all know that we're currently going through all of the data you guys have given us, and will be doing some comparisons. We are investigating this thoroughly, and will update you all as soon as I have some news.

Hi all!

Just to provide another update, we are still investigating this issue, so thank you to everyone for continuing to provide your device information. This is really helpful.

One more thing you need to develop your game app in a way it has option to upload device logs to ur servers when app loads from a previous crash or some mechanism to obtain info from phone if u want to analyse what’s happening when problems happen like this. Come on this shouldn’t be rocket science for u guys.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    My phone was overheating and turning off today while playing the new update. The iPhone 7 plus I used has never had a problem with previous versions of this MCOC. I only play this game on the phone, so, what changed over the last week or so? Anyway, I submitted a ticket today regarding it.

This was the feedback I received, which I think will be useful for others.

"Hello,

Thank you for writing to us! My name is XXXXX, and I am more than happy to help you today.

I understand that you're coming across some issues with your Phone overheating while playing our game. I know how this can be pretty frustrating for you. I'm afraid that what you are experiencing though may not have to do with our game, but rather a hardware issue within your Phone itself, and I must advise a degree of caution when you come across this happening. Since our game requires a lot of processing power, you phone may be coming across a malfunction in its hardware to prevent it from pushing the processing power harder than it should, which causes the overheating. This can slowly result in your battery overheating and swelling, which is a big no-no for safety.

At your earliest convenience, I would suggest to have a phone repair service or something similar diagnose your device. I apologize for any sour news this makes for you, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors going forward. If you ever come across any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, and we will be happy to help out. "

Wow I believe it. We are going to fry our phones
  • Constantly having overheating issues playing game, updated to 19.0 as well. Phone will get extremely hot, battery will begin to drain rapidly, then laggy during gameplay, and then proceeds to kick me out of the app, showing a black screen with “loading ring” in the centre, kicked right to my phones lock screen.

iPhone 7
    iOS 11.4
    Telus
    Wi-Fi and Data
  • TKSTKS Posts: 15
    IPHONE 5. IOS 11.4. Verizon service. wifi and cellular connection.

I waited till today to download the update and man am I sorry I did. device can only run for 15 minutes and feels like its been going for 50 minutes in the direct sun! this is such a horrible to the experience as a whole. for shame Kabam... for shame. need potion compensation NOW. cue up the stupid message about your ludicrous "lofty standards"
  • Ray700Ray700 Posts: 3
    Galaxy s8+
    Android 8.0.0
    Verizon

My phone is over heating within minutes of playing, even tried putting it in a fridge before logging on. Makes the game unplayable, taking hits cause my champ stops mid combo or fails to block.
  • Mrmarvel123Mrmarvel123 Posts: 60
    Game shuts down IOS7 11.4
  • Dhorne61Dhorne61 Posts: 109
    iPhone 5s
    iOS 11.3
    App version 19.0
    Phone is overheating in every aspect of the game. This is causing me serious concern that the game is going to damage my phone. Please fix this.
  • AliakbarAliakbar Posts: 27
    Pls fix the game crashing lagging freezing & overheating problems ..
    Apple iPhone 6s
    iOS 11.4
    Wifi (10Mbps)
    Full bars
    We play games to get some fun pls don’t spoil it or else it’s better to uninstall mcoc ... I’m unable to play game & unable to grind arena because of overheating ,etc all the above mentioned issues ... pls fix it asap ... and I hope we deserve some compensation for our loss !
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Iphone 8+ is so hot I can't hold it! This is crazy, I'm concerned this game might damage my phone.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Aliakbar wrote: »
    Pls fix the game crashing lagging freezing & overheating problems ..
    Apple iPhone 6s
    iOS 11.4
    Wifi (10Mbps)
    Full bars
    We play games to get some fun pls don’t spoil it or else it’s better to uninstall mcoc ... I’m unable to play game & unable to grind arena because of overheating ,etc all the above mentioned issues ... pls fix it asap ... and I hope we deserve some compensation for our loss !

U think they will buy u a new phone...your compensation made me lol
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,543 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    So can we get an official @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Vydious message re: whether Kabam advises Apple users to hold off on playing until the issue is resolved?

Further, if anyone has gotten correspondence from Apple stating that the app is causing the problem, could you make sure to post it here to this thread?

One would think a bit of potentially damaging code—whether it is only Kabam code or an interaction between Kabam and Apple code—would be the kind of thing the game team would want to comment on promptly. Or if it isn’t damaging, then comment that all is well and we should play on.

At any rate, a boilerplate “it’s not us it’s iOS” probably won’t do...update please.

Dr. Zola
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Seriously people I wouldn't be playing on Apple right now. You are liable to have a very expensive paperweight if you keep pushing. Kabam won't do anything to help either.
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 43
    Iphone 8+, iOS 11.4

You guys need to issue an emergency update ASAP. You have a wide constituency of Apple users who are potentially breaking their phones because of your V19 update.
    You're knowingly allowing your game to operate under these circumstances and are still doing nothing (it seems). If I'm mot mistaken, Apple themselves has faced legal issues because of something similar. Please get ahead of this so I can actually play my stress-reliever without wondering if I have to buy a new phone.

My alliance is looking at suspending all play until we see an update promising a fix. With many of their friends of other alliances having the same unfortunate conversations. Please help!
This discussion has been closed.