**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• NeckdeepNeckdeep Posts: 1
    The lag in the monthly uncollected quest in ch 2.1 especially for the boss fight is unplayable. I’m using an iPhone on WiFi and the lataency is still incredibly poor. It has cost me an energy refill and a few revives. I hope to be compensated for this error.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    iPhone 7 Plus
    iOS 11.3
    Cellular Network (Rogers Canada)

The game heats my phone up so much I can’t hold it. Never happened before 19.0 update. I can’t play the game until this is resolved, as it will easily destroy my phone.
  • Axle1281Axle1281 Posts: 12
    iPhone 6s. Not only does the game lock up but it’s freezes all other apps on my phone. Need this fixed ASAP!
  • Chatted with Apple regarding over-heating issue. Told me that it sounded like a software issue and that they suggest discontinuing use of the app.

Others should contact Apple so they have record of the issue.

Just the messenger.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Seriously people I wouldn't be playing on Apple right now. You are liable to have a very expensive paperweight if you keep pushing. Kabam won't do anything to help either.

In the absence of anything definitive from the game team, the message from Support to @BoneCrusher clearly indicates not playing is the best approach.

Dr. Zola

• BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    Chatted with Apple regarding over-heating issue. Told me that it sounded like a software issue and that they suggest discontinuing use of the app.

Others should contact Apple so they have record of the issue.

Just the messenger.

Thanks for sharing! Same response I got. After working in that field for a few years, that's their common response when it simply isn't on their end. It's displaces blame while not pointing fingers. I'm sure Kabam will have emergency maintenance.

The holdup for already needed compensation is possibly delayed so they can conclude THIS issue and simply conclude with a massive compensation all at once.
  • Primetime_769Primetime_769 Posts: 118
    Same problems
    iPhone 6+
    Happens on WiFi or data.
  • RagRag Posts: 5
    My phone was overheating and turning off today while playing the new update. The iPhone 7 plus I used has never had a problem with previous versions of this MCOC. I only play this game on the phone, so, what changed over the last week or so? Anyway, I submitted a ticket today regarding it.

This was the feedback I received, which I think will be useful for others.

"Hello,

Thank you for writing to us! My name is XXXXX, and I am more than happy to help you today.

I understand that you're coming across some issues with your Phone overheating while playing our game. I know how this can be pretty frustrating for you. I'm afraid that what you are experiencing though may not have to do with our game, but rather a hardware issue within your Phone itself, and I must advise a degree of caution when you come across this happening. Since our game requires a lot of processing power, you phone may be coming across a malfunction in its hardware to prevent it from pushing the processing power harder than it should, which causes the overheating. This can slowly result in your battery overheating and swelling, which is a big no-no for safety.

At your earliest convenience, I would suggest to have a phone repair service or something similar diagnose your device. I apologize for any sour news this makes for you, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors going forward. If you ever come across any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, and we will be happy to help out. "

“no u” –Kabam, 2018
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    @Kabam Miike Dear, why not return with the previous version until you found a solution to the problem?
  • Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 6S
    11.4 IOS
    Play on WiFi, game takes 4 mins to lod not on WiFi. Latest update.
    Game will cause my phone to get HOT, then the spinning wheel of death and a black screen appears. Force close the game. And any other app that I try and open becomes unresponsive. Try to load the game again and it gets stuck on the Kabam screen. Have to restart my phone to get everything to work again. Also, home, power and volumn buttons get very glitchy.
  • Dean929rrDean929rr Posts: 14
    iPhone 7
    iOS 11.4
    Sprint Carrier
    WiFi connection mostly
    Phone very hot game shuts down and restarts.
    Sometimes game laggy.

Thank you.
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    iPhone 7
    T-Mobile

Heats up to restart about 20 min into a session. Phone doesn’t feel dangerously hot but definitely hotter than normal. Performance in game gets progressively more choppy as the heating increases.
  • Yagami9999Yagami9999 Posts: 137
    Malaysian Player from Asia

Device Model : iPhone 6s
    Carrier : Digi
    Wifi or Cellular Network : Both

Game would lag by itself after 1 hour
    Even plug in to a charger, would begin losing battery
    start charge : 63%
    1hour later : 35% even charging the whole time

Phone dies in 36mins if not plug into charging cable (use to be 1hour ++)

Phone doesn't heat up relatively enough, but would auto restart suddenly with a black screen
    and 10 seconds later, reboot like nothing happened

Last night played 3 hours for MODOK, it logged me out 6 times during fights with the black screen of death

Also game would restart whenever I change to whatsapp or Line or CHQ

Have experimented with another Marvel Game, Netmarble MFF but even on autoplay 6hours , would not have this problem so it's definitely not the problem with the phone.
    Only started when 19.0 was updated with the Ghost screen
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    this is really effecting the T4b arena happening
  • OmairOmair Posts: 18
    after new update game is stucking like hell my getting super heat taking too much load time plus while fighting sometimes hard to block as game stuck with animations as well
    iphone 6s
    ios 11.4/11.3
    mobilink
    wifi and cellular both
  • Sonnyt4jrSonnyt4jr Posts: 50
    NizZard wrote: »
    I took my phone to the local Apple shop due to the overheating and battery draining.
    I was told by them that it is a software issue not the phone.
    I was also advised to delete the mcoc app and not play it or it would result in permanent damage to my phone.
    Because it is a software issue (mcoc app) and if the phone was damaged by it I was informed that Apple would void the phones warrantly

So it’s confirmed IT IS THE APP MCOC THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM, not hadware but clearly the app that is causing the problem.
  • DizoughDizough Posts: 17
    Me
    iPhone 7 Plus 128 Gig
    AT&T network
    Comcast xfinity WiFi

Wife
    iPhone 7 Plus
    AT&T network
    Comcast xfinity WiFi

Since update numerous issues mostly the same as people are saying but I didn’t read all 21 pages. Game lags badly, freezes, black screen with loading circle as if phone is dying with 40% battery after hard reset battery shows 1% then jumps back up to normal. Trying to open other apps causes them to freeze which in turn locks the phone and has to be hard reset. Lots of bad issues.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    Not sure when you were getting the response back from Kabam that it is a hardware issue and not on their end but I submitted a ticket today and it responded that they are aware of the issue and are investigating and referred me to this post. Which was a little funny since I technically started this post albeit many others have merged with it but still :)
  • BigTuna13BigTuna13 Posts: 43
    Rag wrote: »
    My phone was overheating and turning off today while playing the new update. The iPhone 7 plus I used has never had a problem with previous versions of this MCOC. I only play this game on the phone, so, what changed over the last week or so? Anyway, I submitted a ticket today regarding it.

This was the feedback I received, which I think will be useful for others.

"Hello,

Thank you for writing to us! My name is XXXXX, and I am more than happy to help you today.

I understand that you're coming across some issues with your Phone overheating while playing our game. I know how this can be pretty frustrating for you. I'm afraid that what you are experiencing though may not have to do with our game, but rather a hardware issue within your Phone itself, and I must advise a degree of caution when you come across this happening. Since our game requires a lot of processing power, you phone may be coming across a malfunction in its hardware to prevent it from pushing the processing power harder than it should, which causes the overheating. This can slowly result in your battery overheating and swelling, which is a big no-no for safety.

At your earliest convenience, I would suggest to have a phone repair service or something similar diagnose your device. I apologize for any sour news this makes for you, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors going forward. If you ever come across any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know, and we will be happy to help out. "

“no u” –Kabam, 2018

Hahahahaha that response. Golden.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    NizZard wrote: »
    I took my phone to the local Apple shop due to the overheating and battery draining.
    I was told by them that it is a software issue not the phone.
    I was also advised to delete the mcoc app and not play it or it would result in permanent damage to my phone.
    Because it is a software issue (mcoc app) and if the phone was damaged by it I was informed that Apple would void the phones warrantly

Umm yea this is bad
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    edited July 2018
    Ipad air 2
    Ios 11.4
    Game version 19.0
    AT&T
    Wifi

Overheating the device (new issue since 19.0)
    Excessive Battery drain
    Latency (ongoing since before 19.0, but more prevalent now)

I will only be logging once for the calendar. Can’t risk my device. Very dissatisfied.
  • One of my fellow Alliance mates is having MAJOR glitches with 19.0

hltdc8vdnno2.jpg
    3366wpjdid1t.jpg

Device : Samsung Galaxy tab S2
    WiFi is his main connection method at various locations. Coffee shops. Home. Etc. Doesn't seem to matter which way he connects.

He uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Those screenshots above are the aftermath. It was only dropping signal mid battle. AQ, solo, arena, didn't matter where he was. Here's few more to show it wasn't isolated to any part of the game for him.

a41h9erbneln.jpg
    nirf8uyfcobh.jpg
    a073xlo9nrlw.jpg

The video file format is not allowed, but it's a sight to behold. If needed, I'll have him send it in another support ticket. I hope this gets resolved soon. I feel bad for anyone effected by this. I can't begin to imagine how frustrating this is. He's talking about stepping out of the Alliance until this gets sorted. I talked him into sticking around. Not his fault this is happening. Not anyone's fault really. Just something goofy in the code that's effecting devices at random it would seem. At least judging by the previous replies. Personally both of my devices are running fine. S5 and S7. No issues.

• David12364David12364 Posts: 62
    That 2nd pic looks kind a wierd 😂
  • DrekaknDrekakn Posts: 54
    iPhone 7 Plus, 11.4 over cellular Lasted game update installed and had same issues that everyone mentioned yesterday but overheating was and is the most noticeable and common in my case. Phone froze and rebooted several times yesterday.
  • M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Oppo neo 7, overheating
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    Device and Model: iPhone 7
    Device Operating System: 11.4
    WiFi Only
    Game Version Installed: 19.0.0
    Game Mode: All available right now: AQ, Arena, New Quest
    Description of the Issue: Phone gets hot which begins to affect all aspects of game: lag, lost sound temporarily, game crashes. Slow reboot

Ok all the latest Patch update has failed, There does not appear to be a fix or roll back for the latest update from KABAM. Phones do get warm when you play mobile games. Update is in conflict with IOS, but where ?. I have only thought of this for a few minutes. i also found that keyboard would switch to default during game.. i use a 3rd party app for keyboard. Also found screen darken and blink a few times. I only play for a few minutes before phone becomes hot. i switch off phone and wait about 30 minutes too cool down before. There is no update to fix Patch 19.0.0, but when do KABAM every sends update on resolving problems. Looks like a tough month Bugs and Known Issues section in forum better add more space to Bugs and Known Issues Sever. .I only hope it get fixed as soon as possible

2nd Update on this game.

Use Energy in Quest unable to compete more than 3 or 4 fights in arena, before phone becomes hot. i am so worried now that phone coud brick while playing . AW that's a i feel i can do, i don't want to damage my phone. Waiting for a response from KABAM to say thats it is safe for meners to use devices. Members should backup data. I Hope Apple are helping o resolve this problem too. Lots of members brought 1 type of phone because the performance was better. I did LOL

I really hope there is some feedback on if this problem has been resolved. it's really hard to log on and look to see when game will fail when you play. I just can't after phone becomes hot, i just switch phone off , Will log on to do AW, If i can. It's not a great time in game if you can't pay

comments pease
This discussion has been closed.