**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ChenChen Posts: 115
    Add a graphics slider. I'd play the game as stick figures if it ran the game smooth.
  • CharlesatpCharlesatp Posts: 6

Come on mate they have no clue what’s going on hence they can’t say anything, problem started since few updates before looks like an unknown deep routed issue , to be honest kabam has never taken this long to identify an issue this has been the worst of its kind , could only happen with some fundamental software design problems and not thinking of adverse affects, specially if you see over the past few months since Jan 18 I guess too much of game content, too many champs and game dynamics, it had to collapse one day.

If that’s the case, then why cant kabam tell us about it? Many are getting frustrated because they wont even give us any meaningful update.
  • Hello everyone,

Today a new arena will be starting. How will players with this overheating issue on top of everything else, I don’t understand how will be able to grind without our phones exploding??? I am losing so much grind time and rewards!!! Where is the fixes??????
  • Co0k_chilledCo0k_chilled Posts: 17
    You know what the issue is kabam. No reason to give any more detail on device or game mode. FIX IT
  • SgtSlaughter78SgtSlaughter78 Posts: 462 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    My iPhone is overheating and shutting down after 10 - 20 mins on the game. The battery is now not holding charge like it used to. The game needs to be pulled until this is fixed. If you don’t read the forums then you could be downloading the app unaware you could be damaging your device.

It took nearly 20 mins for my phone to reboot the last time so I’m not risking it again, I (genuinely) missed an important work call while I had the old black screen and little grey clock circling.

I really, really hope you guys can fix this before it finally kills off the game for those of us who were/are close to calling it a day.
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Do with this information what you will.

2.4.2 Design your app to use power efficiently. Apps should not rapidly drain battery, generate excessive heat, or put unnecessary strain on device resources. Apps, including any third party advertisements displayed within them, may not run unrelated background processes, such as cryptocurrency mining.

Issue such as this is against Apple guidelines and therefore grants players legit reason to contact Apple and as for just resolution .....**cough** refunds **cough**
  • Co0k_chilledCo0k_chilled Posts: 17
    I also didn’t update to the 11.4 until yesterday. Cooked lunch on it just fine before I updated too.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Champions is in the best new updates tab of the App Store :joy:
  • Mephi1983Mephi1983 Posts: 7
    Screw Kabbam mass exedous is called for. Why ruin a good phone or tablet cause Kabbam can’t code correctly. If I was boss heads would have rolled already. Not reinstalling till I get email saying game is fixed and want loads n loads of goodies. Poor poor show guys
  • TheKiryuTheKiryu Posts: 265 ★★★★
    Agreed I guess. I mean as far as I can tell it is extremely unethical to keep the game running for Apple users despite it damaging the phones and batteries.

I’m 100% certain my iPhone X needs a new battery now cause of MCOC.
  • Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

I have already updated to the beta. The heating has been reduced but not eliminated (reduced by around 70%) and the crashes occur ~3 times less frequently. I am experiencing FPS drops during loading menu and unresponsiveness from time to time. Using an iPhone 7, model MNAD2LL/A.
  • ianSokhiianSokhi Posts: 6
    My iPhone starts heating up as I start MCOC. After 15 min or so I see black screen with loading icon and then back to home. When I switch to the game again it restarts. Sometimes if I get a call from someone everything freezes.

Here are details of device I am using;

Model - iPhone 7 (128GB)
    OS - iOS 11.4
    Carrier - Vodafone IN
    Wifi or Data - Both

Please resolve this issue ASAP. I am unable to grind for my fav characters such as Wasp.
  • MexxusMexxus Posts: 17
    edited July 2018
    Ever since I downloaded the new update my phone has been acting… Let’s call it weird. First, all buttons on iPhone 7 Plus became unresponsive. Volume, home, power, even lock switch. Could still navigate the game but would not let me exit until I finally did a hard shutdown (wouldn’t allow soft shut down) my phone has NEVER done this before.

Next, after just a little bit of use the game starts glitching horrendously and load times between flights was about 5 times longer.

Other apps, like line, got stuck on loading screen.

Is it just me or anyone else…? [/quote]

Since I played today again after a holiday I have the same problems. Also my iPhone Is rebooting every time.

Mexxus01 iPhone 7

Playing at WiFi

Greets

• SaikologicalSaikological Posts: 45
    edited July 2018
    Any normal company and i wouldve been baffled by how much of a gigantic f€&kup this is. In terms of kabam, its almost expected. Same goes for the lack of communication. I should be baffled, but hey, its kabam.

I really hope Apple can sort them out. I do know i wont spend another euro anymore on this game ever.
  • MexxusMexxus Posts: 17
    WiMak wrote: »
    Sorry Wimack, I need to hijack your Top Post!

Hey everybody, we're looking to get some more information for us to investigate the cause of this issue.

If you are here to report issues like the ones that others are listing, please give us the following information:

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

Thank you all of you that have already given us this information. We are working on figuring out exactly what you might be experiencing, and why.

- Miike

Ever since I downloaded the new update my phone has been acting… Let’s call it weird. First, all buttons on iPhone 7 Plus became unresponsive. Volume, home, power, even lock switch. Could still navigate the game but would not let me exit until I finally did a hard shutdown (wouldn’t allow soft shut down) my phone has NEVER done this before.

Next, after just a little bit of use the game starts glitching horrendously and load times between flights was about 5 times longer.

Is it just me or anyone else…?

Since I played today again after a holiday I have the same problems. Also my iPhone Is rebooting every time.

Mexxus01 iPhone 7

Playing at WiFi

Greets
  • Ohf1shOhf1sh Posts: 4
    Still overheating and crashing. During fights causes a huge disadvantage.

iPhone 7 iOS 11.4
  • Ohf1shOhf1sh Posts: 4
    iPhone 7 iOS 11.4

Problems with all of the above. Crashing during fights is particularly bothersome.
  • iPhone 6 Plus iOS 11.4
    Can’t even log in without phone immediately starting to overheat, will persist for about 20-30 minutes even after app is force closed. Game is literally unplayable.
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything yet. It’s monday lol maybe they take 3 day weekends
  • MindsenMindsen Posts: 4
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7+
    iOS 12.0

Okay, i just noticed a new symptom. Even on my main menu i get random spikes and decolorization in some places of my screen.
    I am certain that this was caused by overheating the device which had major impact to my components (GPU burned?). One day before the 19.0 update i had 98% battery health and a perfectly working phone and now this...
    The iOS beta doesn't resolve the issue. Of course, i already opened a ticket to Apple for advise and refund - but i am sure that this is not covered by warranty (3d party software).

So, be careful people and protect your phone!
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    iPhone SE / 11.4
    no known issues with device until after patch 19.0. Battery will easily drop 15-20% within 20 min of mcoc app being open(not necessarily needing to play on the device/ just app being open).

Few days back decided to dowload and install iOS 12. Overheating remains to be an issue only when game is open.

Apple Support suggested I refrain from opening this app until the developer resolves the issue on their end. I’m curious to know how much longer it may be until this issue is fixed?

• It's no secret that there are several issues surrounding the new version roll out. The overheating issue with most engaged game play can be very dangerous to our devices. It is difficult to complete little more than one path in this months EQ, run more than a few rounds in the arena, or stay logged in for AQ and/or AW without the devices becoming overheated, and triggering the device safety reset to prevent damage. There is also the issue of an incredibly high drain on the battery itself, even when following the advice laid out by Kabam Miike to help circumvent overheating.

There are many of us in the community who are patient in waiting for a fix, while accomplishing what we can, in game. Even being patient waiting for an update as to why we are all lumped into a "normal" bracket for AQ regardless of past ranks achieved. There is however, another large issue here. With the recent compensation announcement regarding the relaunch of certain arenas, which is great don't get me wrong, it is almost a moot point if we cannot grind the way most of us need to in order to complete milestones.

If thought about, a majority of us cannot run arena properly, must abstain from a legends run this month, let the energy timers stay at full more often than not when questing, and have boosts like hero, attack, or special 3 defense boosts largely go to waste if we cannot maintain being logged in.

I want to foster the idea of retooling what is considered compensation since many of us cannot use items the way they are intended or most efficiently utilized, nor can we obtain materials like crystals, chips, shards, etc. the way we are normally able to. The compensations announced would be fine in my book, if the game had not plunged into what is it now.

Thanks for reading,
    TC
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Guys don’t forget to review the current version of the game on your AppStore, not out of spite for kabam but because people need to know before they download the game how damaging this update can be!
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I do not understand why people keep pushing it, playing the game until it crashes. Once maybe an anomaly, twice in a row is a problem. Fool me once...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Read numerous posts where people are claiming that it’s happened 10, 15+ times. And now batteries bloating and splitting phones.
    PLEASE for your own sakes, STOP PLAYING when the phone gets hot.

I am as irritated as everybody else (OP here) by this problem and cannot imagine why it’s taking so long for any sort of resolution. My phone has only locked up once, immediately following the update. I was deeply troubled by the emergency shutdown so I made a post, was shocked by the number of replies in a short time so I deemed this proof of a serious problem and have not pushed my phone. I play five minutes at a time just to keep up in AQ. No excessive heat in that time = no damage.

Respectfully, this game/App is not ruining your phones. You are by playing KNOWING there’s a serious problem.

PS… I do not write this as a “victim shaming“. I TRULY feel bad for those with damaged phones and don’t want it to happen to anybody else
  • Dark89PhoenixDark89Phoenix Posts: 166
    Sorry Wimack, I need to hijack your Top Post!

Hey everybody, we're looking to get some more information for us to investigate the cause of this issue.

If you are here to report issues like the ones that others are listing, please give us the following information:

OS
    Device Model
    Carrier
    Wifi or Cellular Network

Thank you all of you that have already given us this information. We are working on figuring out exactly what you might be experiencing, and why.

- Miike

Is it just me or anyone else…?

Wow you just described my issues perfectly. I thought I needed a new phone! My phone crashes, heats up, and becomes totally unresponsive when I try to exit the game.

OS - iOS 11.4
    Device Model - iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier - Verizon
    Wifi or Cellular Network - both
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    I am getting overheating and unresponsive controls a lot since the update as well. Gets very annoying going into a combo and all of the sudden my champ just freezes mid combo.

Iphone 7
    Verizon
    Both WiFi and Cellular
  • MindsenMindsen Posts: 4
    I do not understand why people keep pushing it, playing the game until it crashes. Once maybe an anomaly, twice in a row is a problem. Fool me once...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

Read numerous posts where people are claiming that it’s happened 10, 15+ times. And now batteries bloating and splitting phones.

I am as irritated as everybody else (OP here) by this problem and cannot imagine why it’s taking so long for any sort of resolution. My phone has only locked up once, immediately following the update. I was deeply troubled by the emergency shutdown so I made a post, was shocked by the number of replies in a short time so I deemed this proof of a serious problem and have not pushed my phone. I play five minutes at a time just to keep up in AQ. No excessive heat in that time = no damage.

Respectfully, this game/App is not ruining your phones. You are by playing KNOWING there’s a serious problem.

Some people (as my self) did this without knowing the actual impact on the device hardware - as sometimes phones heating up randomly when running heavy duty apps. All these days i had 2 restarts and tried to play 15-20minutes only when my iPhone had a normal temperature.
    A multi million company is responsible to make an important in-game note in order to update their customers and then bring game to maintenance mode - until they resolve this emergency issue. When you keep something in store and online, it means that it is safe to open.

So, don't try to blame someone else. With all due respect, Kabam should take the responsibility of their actions (and not posting about iOS, like in their first response) and communicate with us about their findings and the progress their making.
  • NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54

PS… I do not write this as a “victim shaming“. I TRULY feel bad for those with damaged phones and don’t want it to happen to anybody else

I agree with the part about people continuously playing it without any regard to their devices - but one must also wonder how an update such as this is available in the App Store, if the majority of the devices aren't capable of using it. Why hasn't there been announced any safety measures, if there is knowingly a problem with this?
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Ahab , iOS 12 beta was not the solution. The problem of overheating still persists.
    iPhone 7 32GB
    iOS 12
    Wi-Fi and 4G
This discussion has been closed.