**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DrekDrek Posts: 35
    Adding to this thread.

Device Model: 7+
    Carrier: AT&T
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Both

My issue is after some time of playing the phone will **** down due to heat and restart. I’ve uninstalled the app and then installed it once more. Put it in low power mode and also has it be the only app running. Still persists. Also persists on the iPad at home, but I can’t recall the model.

No issues prior to 19.0 update. Could stream music and play for an hour or more straight and be fine, even in the heat of summer.
  • iPhone 7+ Massive Overheating > Sound Cuts Out > Game Gets Laggy > System resources overload > Black Screen With Rotating Circle > iPhone Restarts. Started right after the latest update with Antman and Wasp.
  • book_er_tbook_er_t Posts: 29
    I can’t play for more than 5 minutes without my phone over heating what’s up with that. Bugs in your game not cool. Your game destroying hardware that’s borderline unacceptable plus it’s not safe at all. Can you please do something about it before it causes serious harm to younger players who can’t understand what’s happening it’s very dangerous. Now it’s taking me twice as long to do anything as I can’t even play for an extended time. @Kabam Miike
  • TheeWolverineTheeWolverine Posts: 77
    To everybody who has spent on ITunes since July 3rd 2018 when this update released, submit a ticket to ITunes for refund of everything you spent. We can't play the game without ruining our phones or iPads so screw that. Apple themselves have said to not play the game and will refund anything spent so don't wait!
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    mine broke from overheating
  • djgreg1djgreg1 Posts: 2
    I have versions 11.3.1 and it is also very hot
  • JimmyJohnJonesJimmyJohnJones Posts: 81
    Same issue here with iPhone and iPad running extremely hot. Neither is showing other symptoms but running too hot nearly to touch.

iPhone 7+
    Sprint but mostly played on WiFi

iPad Air 2
    Same as above

I just did the logout of Game Center, uninstall/reinstall, power cycle so we’ll see if that helps.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    This is what I like to see
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    edited July 2018
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?
  • PFunkPFunk Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto I’ve been doing some testing and the lag issues go away as long as the phone is cool. I’ve been putting it in the fridge and using an ice pack case to do testing and while it’s cold I haven’t seen any lag what so ever. When it starts heating up though that’s when the lag and other problems emerge. Hope this insight helps and can be shared with the dev’s so they can get it straightened out asap
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    I’m using Iphone7+ and IOS 11.2.5, that IOS11.2.5 also have problem of crashes and freezes and need to hard reset the device, I think the issue not just happening on IOS11.4 users
  • ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.
  • terri2000terri2000 Posts: 5
    iPhone 7+
    Ios11.4
    It crashes and freezes also it heats up a lot ,this is been happening since the last update of mcoc
  • MsDominoMsDomino Posts: 72
    edited July 2018
    It’s hard to believe this wasn’t caught during the testing phase of development. You mean to tell me none of the testers used a iPhone and played for more than 15 minutes? This isn’t random

It’s hard to believe this wasn’t caught during the testing phase of development. You mean to tell me none of the testers used a iPhone and played for more than 15 minutes? This isn’t random

This isn't an issue affecting all users, or even all iPhone Users on 11.4. I play on a iPhone 7plus (on iOS 12 Beta though) and haven't had any issues, and believe me, I've been trying so that I can help get a reproduction case going.

I’m on iOS 11.3 and have only been experiencing this since the 19.0 update. Please don’t focus all of your energy into 11.4 as that’s clearly not the issue
  • FLYERFLYER Posts: 66
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

Have ios 11.4 more the 4 months, since your last update to 19.0 can’t play the game
  • DrdifferentDrdifferent Posts: 30
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7, iOS 11.4, only since update to version 19

Phone runs hot while plugged in and on Bluetooth
    Screen will go black in a fight and spin a loading wheel, then come back up with entering PIN on phone

Or...

Phone runs hot while in fight, Bluetooth with stop
    hitting home button is unresponsive
    Stays on map after fight, but no sound. Trapped in game.
    Must hard reset phone to exit.
  • Mystic_ReaperMystic_Reaper Posts: 50
    qjluwv9xadth.png
    I updated to the latest I could get after having issues and took this pic just now. 12.0 is not an option I have.
    My phone is freezing, lagging, overheating, battery drainage and pretty much everything you’re seeing in the other comments.
    I’m on iPhone 7 and 11.4.
    Is there any clue yet how long before a patch is out?
  • Spencer9Spencer9 Posts: 2
    My iPhone 7 as been having severe lagging issues since the update
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    How come in all the announcements AW isn't put on hold since overheating issues?
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    I can not finish neither the basic catalyst arena 4 :|:/:'(:(
  • SandPounderSandPounder Posts: 341 ★★★
    Tried switching to “low power mode” and that made no difference.

Have also tried other tricks to isolate some of the other power drainers on the iPhone such as lowering screen brightness, using airplane mode (WiFi only, Bluetooth and Cellular off), and turning off location services... all in various combinations.

None of these make a bit of difference.

The game is probably sending the CPU into overdrive, similar to the 11.0 iOS update when it reindexed everything causing phones to get hotter than normal.
  • Fighter1688Fighter1688 Posts: 3
    I am using iOS 12 beta on iPhone 6+ and the same problem occurs too.
  • I am running iOS 12 beta 2 on iPhone X it’s overheats and resets to to lock screen
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    Yeah 11.4 is all that is available for IPhone X and it’s getting hot in here!!!!

I’m pretty upset that you are trying to blow us up.
  • i42ba2dwrkq0.png
  • SkymastrSkymastr Posts: 46
    İ just did ios 12 beta update and 1hour+ playing nothing happen things go back use to be (2 days ago) work on me iPhone 7 plus regular wife connection so far so good.
  • Alright Summoners!

I can download the beta for 12 as soon as I’m back home and have WiFi access [45 minutes or so]. I am currently running iOS 11.4 on an iPhone 7 (brand new - they replaced my old 7 a month ago because it got stuck in a boot loop) and am experiencing overheating issues consistent with those mentioned throughout the thread.
This discussion has been closed.