**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Balancing real life!

Diksh619Diksh619 Posts: 227 ★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Hi team

I recently saw a movie - Ready player one. It had a great VR game that almost everyone played like MCOC. It thus came to my mind that we must have at least a day off and all the maintenance must be done on that day. People will get a day off from grinding and can host parties, meetups or sleep all day long ;)
It will be easier for KABAM team also to take care of these server issues and they can plan ahead in time. I being a ServiceNow developer know how important it is for the maintenance teams to have some downtime to maintain servers and if implemented can help out alot of causes.

Cheers!
Regards,
Diksh Malik
India

Comments

• Options
    axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    But that day doesn't work for me. It's giving an unfair advantage to so and so since that's his busy day anyway. Let's do it on this other day instead........ and that's how it would go.

And comparing Oasis to MCOC is beyond a stretch.
  • Options
    Iron_spider1Iron_spider1 Posts: 257
    Diksh619 wrote: »
    Hi team

I recently saw a movie - Ready player one. It had a great VR game that almost everyone played like MCOC. It thus came to my mind that we must have at least a day off and all the maintenance must be done on that day. People will get a day off from grinding and can host parties, meetups or sleep all day long ;)
    It will be easier for KABAM team also to take care of these server issues and they can plan ahead in time. I being a ServiceNow developer know how important it is for the maintenance teams to have some downtime to maintain servers and if implemented can help out alot of causes.

Cheers!
    Regards,
    Diksh Malik
    India

What if there is a bug suddenly and you expect to wait till that particular day to resolve it?
  • Options
    @Iron_spider1
    Sudden breakdowns need to be handled on an emergency basis but upgrades or known bugs should be handled when there is a scheduled maintenance. Users can report the issues they face on a daily basis and then kabam can respond back to what they think of the issue.
    In short we need better communication and timely rectification of all the issues.
  • Options
    axelelf_1 wrote: »
    But that day doesn't work for me. It's giving an unfair advantage to so and so since that's his busy day anyway. Let's do it on this other day instead........ and that's how it would go.

And comparing Oasis to MCOC is beyond a stretch.

Every game evolves..its not about what a game is now but about what it could become! Also everyday is a busy day but we need to plan accordingly. Getting a day or 2 off in a week where the game is down all together will help out many. Trust me!
    Its basically managing time as i can see it and other steps like aq timers removed all together or aw getting rid of potions and revives that can further enhance skill and cut short people spending or doing arena for units that will ultimately make the game a game and not a job, which it has become!