**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Which champs are worth a generic gem?

So in the spirit of today's offer which champs would you, the community, say are worth using a generic gem to awaken?

I'm anxious to read your responses.

Comments

• Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    The ones u find impossible to dupe someone not normally in arena
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    The ones u find impossible to dupe someone not normally in arena

Yes. I used one one Punisher a while back. I knew the chances of Duping were low.
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    I'll add to the current list: RoL champs, since those can only be attained once from RoL, and they are only available in very selective and limited crystals, hence the chances to even dupe them are very low without awakening them.

In a way, Unstoppable Colossus too. If you can't be bothered to save another 300k+ loyalty to dupe him after getting him, u can just awaken him and use sig stones instead.
  • Options
    pbeadlepbeadle Posts: 76
    That seems like advocating rarity or utility, which I don't necessarily disagree with but in my case I have a Kang in my roster from the gifting event last year but I'd be really hesitant to drop a stone into him vs. another champ which get more use even though I'll never dupe my Kang otherwise.
  • Options
    pbeadlepbeadle Posts: 76
    *rarity over utility*
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    pbeadle wrote: »
    That seems like advocating rarity over utility, which I don't necessarily disagree with but in my case I have a Kang in my roster from the gifting event last year but I'd be really hesitant to drop a stone into him vs. another champ which get more use even though I'll never dupe my Kang otherwise.
    Yea I understand, it really depends on the person on whether he would prefer to awaken a champion that has good utility such as SL, or a champion that is very rare such that they can only be obtained once (or in very rare scenarios, can be duped from certain crystals).

For me, personally, I'd do rarity just because utility champs can be duped from crystals eventually.
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    More than two years in a game, my generic awakening gem is waiting either for : SL, SW. Or a New featured that cannot be duped otherwise
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    pbeadle wrote: »
    That seems like advocating rarity or utility, which I don't necessarily disagree with but in my case I have a Kang in my roster from the gifting event last year but I'd be really hesitant to drop a stone into him vs. another champ which get more use even though I'll never dupe my Kang otherwise.

Well, I'm not necessarily advocating either way. I used mine for both. I also used one on SL. Could have held out. He's Sig 75 now. Lol. Those are the two factors for me. Rarity and utility. Generic Gems are not easy to come by, so I try to consider what I use them on as much as possible. Still, I have no regrets. I make decisions and live with them. :)
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    Cosmic: Thor, Hyperion(?)
    Tech: SL, OG Vision(?)
    Mutant: Archangel, Wolverine(?)
    Skill: BW(?), Gwenpool(?)
    Science: None (WWII if you have all of the rest awakened)
    Mystic: DV, SW(?)

*I'm a bit iffy about champs with a question mark beside their name

Priority for awakening: DV≥SL>Archangel>OG Vision... (Can't decide the order for the rest of the list)
  • Options
    RobbedRobbed Posts: 9
    Were you able to purchase the Generic Awakening Gem? How much was it?
  • Options
    Did anyone purchase the Awakening Gem Package today????
  • Options
    Alfa_PigeonAlfa_Pigeon Posts: 273 ★★
    edited July 2017
    I did, hoping for skill or mutant but they gave me science, another garbage class along with the cosmic one I got from them last time and tech from the time before. Seriously Kabam, shouldn't I be due or a skill or mutant? I have pulled 3 cosmic, 2 science, and 2 tech from these, and 1 mystic total. Where are my skill and mutant gems?
  • Options
    Did anyone purchase the Awakening Gem Package today????
  • Options
    Alfa thanks for response. That was the 4* Awakening Crystal for $29.99. I tried purchasing the Generic Awakening Gem for $49.99 so I could awaken any of my 4* champs. I purchased a $50 iTunes card, loaded onto my account, tried to purchase Awakening Gem and It says I have insufficient funds. Just checking if anyone was able to purchase today's deal of 4* Awakening Gem for $49.99.
  • Options
    swampnuggets_1swampnuggets_1 Posts: 7
    @ Robbed...There's tax when purchasing through iTunes. You need more than a $50 card.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I would say voodoo, archangel, star lord are my top 3 for generic awakening gems. I wouldn't waste them on ROL champs or kang. Og vision is another great option if you have him
  • Options
    Got it. Thanks. Didn't account for the tax.
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Imo it's a complete waste using a generic gem on any of the RoL champs, especially now there available in 5*.
    The only rare champs I would use them on is og vision or red dp, Kang is not really a good champ.

There are a few factors to decide but it's generally where your at in the game an if using a gem in a certain champ will make it cheaper an easier for you in AQ\AW, it's not always easy to dupe a champ so sometimes it's worth a stone. Another factor is if your doing it for prestige, but it's always going to be what's best for you an what you think will benefit you the most from using it
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Wolverine.
    He'll never get an arena in his current state
  • Options
    Wolverine.
  • Options
    Wolverine.