**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Phone overheating even when MCOC isn’t running

Recently my phone has been in a permanent state of red hot heat. It’s particularly bad when playing but now even when I exit and close the app the phone is still very hot by any standard. I hesitate to blame Kabam as it seems far fetched that the game can screw my phone even when not running but I want to know if anyone else has had this problem. It’s hard not to draw the link between the game making your phone over heat whilst running, and your phone overheating in general. Is it just me or have others noticed it to?

Comments

• Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Take your phone to an Apple store. Have them look at it.
  • Options
    Loken4000Loken4000 Posts: 83
    When I can just blame Kabam? No way! Seriously though I’m happy to take it in and see if there’s a problem but first I’d like to find out if it’s just my phone or not
  • Options
    YouconfusedYouconfused Posts: 271
    Same
  • Options
    BaeyensBaeyens Posts: 14
    My iphone x too..
  • Options
    Disgruntled_User_123Disgruntled_User_123 Posts: 1,077 ★★★
    My suggestion - make sure you double click and swipe up, so the game is not running in the background. Happens all the time to me if it’s still in a window.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    What could have happened was when the bad overheating issue was plaguing us you probably pushed your phone to its boiling point, pun intended. And as a result caused permanent damage to your battery. If you have AppleCare+ you should get a free battery replacement.
  • Options
    My suggestion - make sure you double click and swipe up, so the game is not running in the background. Happens all the time to me if it’s still in a window.
    I’m not a moron (when it comes to phones anyhow) I do that but it still overheats badly. I’m taking it into an Apple store soon and if I find permanent battery damage you know who’s getting the bill.

• Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    I thought i was crazy cause same thing happens to me. Guess I’m a little less crazy then I thought. But probably not too much lol
  • Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Loken4000 wrote: »
    I’m not a moron (when it comes to phones anyhow) I do that but it still overheats badly. I’m taking it into an Apple store soon and if I find permanent battery damage you know who’s getting the bill.

But you are rude when someone is trying to help. Hope you don't get your problem fixed now
  • Options
    Smash wrote: »
    I thought i was crazy cause same thing happens to me. Guess I’m a little less crazy then I thought. But probably not too much lol
    Well now we’ve clarified it’s not an isolated issue we need a mod to take notice. If it’s caused permanent damage to our phone then to replace the battery that’s $30 dollars for anyone with a phone newer than an iPhone 6 and a whole $80 for anyone (like myself) with an iPhone older than a 6. @Kabam Zibiit you think it’s permanent phone damage or just the game (even when not active in the background)?
  • Options
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

But you are rude when someone is trying to help. Hope you don't get your problem fixed now

Sorry if I came off as rude man, definitely not my intention. As I am pretty much unable to use my phone (it’s been overheating in 15 minutes regardless of the app I use I’m very peed off. I haven’t logged in for about a day now and the problem persists
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Recently my phone has been in a permanent state of red hot heat. It’s particularly bad when playing but now even when I exit and close the app the phone is still very hot by any standard. I hesitate to blame Kabam as it seems far fetched that the game can screw my phone even when not running but I want to know if anyone else has had this problem. It’s hard not to draw the link between the game making your phone over heat whilst running, and your phone overheating in general. Is it just me or have others noticed it to?

Hi,

If you are having a problem unrelated to the game, we cannot assist here on the forums. If you are saying you are having a heating issue when the game isn't running, it's unlikely to be actually related to the game. You will need to contact your phone manufacturer for help with the device.

If you'd like to report performance issues specifically with the game, please contribute your details to one of our dedicated threads about the topic. Thanks!

Thread for iOS 19.1 Performance Issues

Thread for Android 19.1 Performance Issues
This discussion has been closed.