**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Domino

Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
I know I'm stating the obvious, but Domino is such a messed up champ. As far as I have been able to find, there is no counter at all for the degeneration she puts on you. I understand there are certain fighting styles you can try to "minimize" the damage she gives you, but that isn't really a counter. There should be some way that skill or some champs can counter her, and there is not. Even Tech champ have little benefit against her, even though they are said to never be unlucky against her. I'm sure there are people out there who will argue against me simply because they want or have her for AW defense, but she is not right. She should be corrected.

Comments

• dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, im not really sure where the "degen" part of her design comes from. The lucky/unlucky stuff, sure, absolutely.

But does the character passively hurt characters in such a way in the comics? Other than stuff like, guns jamming and blowing up on their face kinda ****.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    dtape wrote: »
    Gulk

Thank you! I do not have him yet, but good to know he is a counter. I do have the 3* version, I will test him out just for giggles.
    Thank you for the feedback. :)
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I can deal with the degen. It's all the block breaking animations she has that are super annoying.
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    I can deal with the degen. It's all the block breaking animations she has that are super annoying.

If you parry her when she does a rush attack you can prevent the block break. You may still degenerate though.

• dtapedtape Posts: 35
    Shrimkins wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T8jnTSSmiA

Probably there have been tons of discussions about block breaking and no conclusion. However, I still want to quote Dork's video again. It doesn't prove there is no block breaking but no block breaking happened as he operated his device.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I thought Kabam admitted that Domino was bugged and that her block breaking would get fixed???
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    I thought Kabam admitted that Domino was bugged and that her block breaking would get fixed???

It's not a block break. Is because her second hit on her medium is too slow that the player drops block while trying to evade it. It should had been fixed this last update (read path notes)
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Linking to this thread on Domino. Frustrating to play a champ well and make up little ground. But I’ve learned my lesson using Cage.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/89468/domino-causing-critical-failure-on-blocking#latest

Dr. Zola
    DrZola wrote: »
    Linking to this thread on Domino. Frustrating to play a champ well and make up little ground. But I’ve learned my lesson using Cage.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/89468/domino-causing-critical-failure-on-blocking#latest

Dr. Zola

On Uncollected I used Archangel. He died once each time, but when he got those neurotoxins on it was over very quickly. It was sorta hit and miss, but I found him most effective in that fight. My LC and Sparky didn't work all that great. Glad you found what worked for you though!

• New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    she causes degen?
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    Yes @Spurgeo14 thanks. Cage was a disaster on her, but I fared much better with SL, although every Fury he tried to process (not kidding) resulted in Critical Failure. All done now and hoping she gets either a full explanation or a rework. Silly damage harms the game.

Dr. Zola
    @DrZola I am a fan of your posts, just wanted to say. Haha And yes, I mean for someone like Iceman I get it. He has Coldsnap, but you have counters. Dormammu has degeneration when awakened but there are ways to play around it. I just don't see anything like that for Domino. It's not right.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Apparently ST is immune to her shenanigans when awakened.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    I know I'm stating the obvious, but Domino is such a messed up champ. As far as I have been able to find, there is no counter at all for the degeneration she puts on you. I understand there are certain fighting styles you can try to "minimize" the damage she gives you, but that isn't really a counter. There should be some way that skill or some champs can counter her, and there is not. Even Tech champ have little benefit against her, even though they are said to never be unlucky against her. I'm sure there are people out there who will argue against me simply because they want or have her for AW defense, but she is not right. She should be corrected.

Eh. She's like the pupu platter of annoying buffs of a champ but once you figure out how to fight her, she's not much more difficult than, say, an NC or duped spiderman.

I keep 2 dash lengths back and bait the dash M attack. Since her animation lags for the next hit, just whack the tar out of her (watch for evade though, so no button mashing). For this uncollected EQ I just solo'd her with 4/55 x23, gotta love that bleed through that power shield.

Honestly didn't notice degen, though not an big issue with x23
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »

Eh. She's like the pupu platter of annoying buffs of a champ but once you figure out how to fight her, she's not much more difficult than, say, an NC or duped spiderman.

I keep 2 dash lengths back and bait the dash M attack. Since her animation lags for the next hit, just whack the tar out of her (watch for evade though, so no button mashing). For this uncollected EQ I just solo'd her with 4/55 x23, gotta love that bleed through that power shield.

Honestly didn't notice degen, though not an big issue with x23

So X-23 didn't degenerate instead of regen? I would think the percent chance for X-23 to regenerate would trigger Domino's degeneration...

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Apparently ST is immune to her shenanigans when awakened.

His fury and regen are due to his additional ability accuracy, but unfortunately not his dexterity and parry, which is the main issue. But yes, he’s a partial counter.
  • MulchMulch Posts: 8
    Kabam just haven't fixed it yet. I've already posted it before but they just didn't really care. The degen is fine actually but it's the block break issue that's really irritating and needs immediate fixing but Kabam has been neglecting that the entire time