**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

ALLIANCE QUEST is tedious, boring, and predictable

Hi all,

I want to see if, based on comments, you all agree on my points. I did search for similar topics in the past, but did not find any in the near past. I'd like to start a discussion and generate suggestions for AQ. Hopefully, it will result in some change for future AQ with all of our feedback and thoughts.

First off, I think AQ is always the same, regardless of whether or not you do map 3 regularly, map 4, map 5, or some combination thereof. We all know who is going to be at certain nodes, even though there are question marks, and it's the same thing day to day, just the difficulty goes up a little. It's honestly boring and I wish we could make it a bit more interesting.

Honestly, I love that Kabam randomized the mini bosses. I think that's a great idea! In fact, I wish they randomized more! Keep the same maps, but randomly set enemies, so we really don't know how is at those question mark nodes. That would be more fun, in my opinion. If possible, maybe even randomly set node buffs with pre-set possibilities. Each week the scheme could change requiring a little bit of planning and thought on the part of those involved. I think this would make AQ far more interesting. I'm not looking to increase overall difficulty, just add some spice to what is currently available.

I think it would be fun to even randomize the MAIN boss as well. Again, all this could be done with pre-set selections. Could even bring adaptoids, or symbioids, back AND have sentinels.

Any way, those are just my thoughts. What are yours?

Tiem :smile:
Β«1

Comments

• Options
    TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337 β˜…
    I would also say that even if a new AQ season starts soon, and I don't readily know when that is expected, I think that would just eventually result in the same after a couple of weeks without some of the above kind of changes. Once we get used to a new map, if the map changes, or a new boss/mini bosses...it will be just more of the same again.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    For sure
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,188 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Dont randoms enemins dont alow stagy u just gone be posins to dies also. Or giv it a clue like % procent posin then wuld be fine
  • Options
    I'm sure there are other ways to make it interesting. Don't just poo poo the ideas here...suggest something. :wink:
  • Options
    wskyeungwskyeung Posts: 37 β˜…
    It is more interesting but lot harder.
    Only if the rewards increase a lot, otherwise more and more ppl will quit this game!
  • Options
    The rewards needing to increase in AQ is a separate issue, but I do agree they need to be improved. :) I just want to find ways to make it more interesting and fun. I wouldn't say randomizing would make it a lot harder, you'd just have to adapt more not knowing the champs you'll face.
  • Options
    Not all players can have fun when it's difficult to know who's in front of you... It's a game for all players whether they've just started or they're a legend. This is the reason why beginners have difficulties to play. So think of everyone before posting stuff πŸ‘πŸΌ
  • Options
    I think of everyone too. Ultimately, for beginners, it's good they have exposure to all sorts of enemies. I still think my point applies, to be honest. I don't think my viewpoint is limited to only experienced players.
  • Options
    Maybe just randomize maps 4 and above for those more experienced, not sure the best solution. I'm welcome to better suggestions.
  • Options
    I agree with your points, I do find aq really tedious, everyday it's the same thing...personally I think switching things up is nice, not knowing who you're fighting, randomising nodes, boss etc. (Replying to Rithik817: Yes it is a game for all players and it may be harder but it wouldn't really make a difference to beginners because they don't do aq maps 3-5 anyways. This post is not aimed at beginners, he clearly mentioned maps 3-5 ,which beginners don't even attempt.) I believe that changing it up would be beneficial as it adds a new element to aq which would make it interesting and fun. In contrast to an unending grind of the same thing everyday for weeks on end. My point is, I'm not looking for changes that necessarily make it much harder, it can be harder but if it's made more interesting and fun, it will be a less of a chore to play as every week.
  • Options
    that's an interesting thought. I am trying to deal with Alliance Quest as it's own thing, but it's true that you can't ignore that AW and AQ impact each other when going on at the same time. Not all alliances are like mine where we try to limit overlap between the two. But we do so to not require too much of our members.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Do it with 3 stars then. Alliance Quest is the second best game mode after quest.
  • Options
    LOL...I mean to add variety, not change the difficulty. That's a fun thought, though.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    See go asking for changes and updates to AQ now half the players can't get into AQ and they didn't even change anything to AQ
  • Options
    MyradralMyradral Posts: 154 β˜…
    I agree 10,000% with this post. ALL EVENTS QUESTS ARE BORING AS HELL.

Could you AT LEAST SWAP OUT SOME OF THE HEROES we fight every BORING DAY?

Unreal.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    yeah remove them and send us those rewards based on prestige wihtout doing anything plz
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I can understand ur viewpoint but a randomised aq on top of war seasons will just burn everyone...aq for now is a source of rankup material with a set of fights which everyone is familiar and let's keep it that way for now
  • Options
    I really like everyone's thoughts. Here's my responses:

1) We can't really base what we want on whether or not Kabam making a change will mess up the game...lol. I still think we should ask for what we want. Things are going to evolve any way...we might as well try to influence how they do.

2) I get that war and maybe something more challenging with AQ may burn people out, but I'm treating AQ as it's own thing. AW is not something I'm trying to bring into this discussion, but of course, I totally get it. Honestly, I've never decided to pursue an alliance that does 5x5 AQ and war all the time. I'm not looking to give my life to this game. How much a person or an alliance choose to do is up to them and there are many different alliances and people want different things, so it's a bit too convoluted to bring this to the discussion, I think.

Thanks for the agreement @Myradral !

What other thoughts do you all have? I don't mean to "push off" any thoughts...just want to keep it focused on AQ alone. If you want it to stay the same, why specifically for AQ? Do you think it can't be done without increasing the difficulty? Someone has already said it will be harder for newer players, but I think it would help them develop and gain experience fighting more champs. It's all a matter of perspective. :)
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Make it fun and put masteries synergies and add modok iwim and the adaptard from this months event quest with more buffs
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    You want fun and interactive AQ? Do Map 6, don’t take the same path on any of the 5 days, don’t refer to an external map.
  • Options
    we don't put up the donations to do map 6. Nor do we plan to. Map 6, I'm sure can be challenging. But, even getting used to that, would probably be pretty boring. Maybe, on the other hand, map 6 is better. My alliance mainly does map 4-5. Maybe it applies mostly to that.

Right now, AQ just seems like a chore...something you have to do each day...same fights all the time. I don't even take the same path all the time in either. Either way, you always know which champ is going to be on each node just from experience.

I'd like to see a change other than myself manipulating my teams or paths to make it more interesting.
  • Options
    KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159 β˜…
    I wouldn’t mind shuffling champs and bosses like the minis, but I hate the ? Idea. I like to plan my attack team around who I’m fighting and if I don’t know who it is, that makes planning difficult. We already have the mystery fights in AW, no need for it in AQ too. I would like to see some of the sentinels replaces. I think fighting so many of them is really boring. They may have different de-buffs, but they move the same clunky irritating way. We’ll see what next season brings. Maybe it will be enough to get me out of retirement. I’m currently enjoying no wallet wars and map 2!
  • Options
    @Kyrazmom I think it's interesting they still use the "?" marks when everyone already knows what the champs are when they've done it a few times because it never changes...lol. I think it would only make sense if it shuffled (like in war where you don't know what they placed). I mean, you might forget and be surprised every so often, but overall, the "?" signs are pretty useless in AQ.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,250 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @Kyrazmom I think it's interesting they still use the "?" marks when everyone already knows what the champs are when they've done it a few times because it never changes...lol. I think it would only make sense if it shuffled (like in war where you don't know what they placed). I mean, you might forget and be surprised every so often, but overall, the "?" signs are pretty useless in AQ.

I wonder what would you be saying when you randomly walk into an 18k Abom.
  • Options
    becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: AQ was designed to be the main login motivator 2-3 years ago. We have so many other things now that keep us logging in that AQ is no longer needed to serve that role. That means that a complete redesign is required with a focus on removing the time constraints and constant waiting in favor of a more fluid and dynamic experience. Of course it's essential to provide an area for an alliance to use teamwork to overcome something but time and energy constraints is not the best or only way to do that. As it stands right now AQ is very monotonous, boring, and unnecessarily time consuming. Time for something fresh!
  • Options
    xNig wrote: Β»

I wonder what would you be saying when you randomly walk into an 18k Abom.

Depends on who I've brought on my team! :) But yeah, if I don't have the right champ...would certainly be troublesome! But, that's how it is in war, right? Not many people use Abominations as much anymore, but the concept of never knowing who you'll face is the same. You just know there's certain champs that are likely based on the node buffs. In AQ, things don't have to be totally randomized. They could keep the class constant for a node...or maybe it only randomizes between a certain pool of champs. There's certainly a plethora of ways to do it. :)
  • Options
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: AQ was designed to be the main login motivator 2-3 years ago. We have so many other things now that keep us logging in that AQ is no longer needed to serve that role. That means that a complete redesign is required with a focus on removing the time constraints and constant waiting in favor of a more fluid and dynamic experience. Of course it's essential to provide an area for an alliance to use teamwork to overcome something but time and energy constraints is not the best or only way to do that. As it stands right now AQ is very monotonous, boring, and unnecessarily time consuming. Time for something fresh!

Interesting point on AQ to motivate logins. :) I agree on the rest too! I think it's very much true that we have so much going on in the game, there's really no such individual motivator anymore. In fact, there's too much going on in game...lol. Way too many people put way too much time in this game. Probably myself included! I mean, it is only a game, right???