**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Flashing Buff Indicators (Ex. Heimdall) Need to Change

becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
If you've played with Heimdall or seen gameplay with him you'll know what I'm talking about. There are "buffs" in the game which act as indicators or counters. Heimdall has two of them, one for fury and one for armor, but there are other champs that have them as well such as Hulk Ragnarok's crowd frenzy counter. For some reason these buff indicators are removed and reapplied every time the number changes. This leads to a very annoying and distracting effect where the buffs are constantly flashing during a fight taking your attention away from more important aspects as well as making it harder to understand at a glance. It would be fantastic if only the number changed and not the whole buff, similar to how stacking buffs/debuffs currently functions on other effects.

Comments

• Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    They don't flash. Go watch a video of someone using one of these characters. This sounds like a conflict with your specific phone/OS, or a bad install.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    If you've played with Heimdall or seen gameplay with him you'll know what I'm talking about. There are "buffs" in the game which act as indicators or counters. Heimdall has two of them, one for fury and one for armor, but there are other champs that have them as well such as Hulk Ragnarok's crowd frenzy counter. For some reason these buff indicators are removed and reapplied every time the number changes. This leads to a very annoying and distracting effect where the buffs are constantly flashing during a fight taking your attention away from more important aspects as well as making it harder to understand at a glance. It would be fantastic if only the number changed and not the whole buff, similar to how stacking buffs/debuffs currently functions on other effects.

I have Heimdall and have been using him frequently and doesn’t happen to me. Like it was mentioned it sounds like a visual problem with your phone.
  • Options
    becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjd6HrDrwzc=9m10s
    Fight at 9:10

Watch the fury buff counter under Heimdall's health bar and you'll see what I mean. Each time Heimdall lands a hit the fury counter rises but instead of ONLY the number changing the game takes away the fury counter and then applies a new one with the new number. This creates a flashing effect where his armor and fury counters are being removed and reapplied constantly. This is not an install issue or a graphical error, it's caused by how Kabam has coded the buffs to be shown. It would be great if they could change it so that only the number refreshes and not the entire buff icon.