**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Venom is the star. Carnage is very average...

Venom has become a great champ now and has alot of utility. Unlike carnage... carnage still needs alot of time to get enough buffs to make him worth your time and by then most fights r already over... please buff carnage one more time in this beta. There is still alot of time. We can still test him so he isnt overpowered. Because right now i dont feel like ranking up my carnage at all and i am pretty sure this is not an unpopular opinion.

Comments

• PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Carnage gameplay looks alot stronger than venom... This reminds me of proxima and Corvus discussion..... Who would have see Corvus being AW new attack king over LOL queen? I would not underestimate carnage at this point...
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Pbishop wrote: »
    They missed on key thing on Carnage they won’t let him carry his buffs that you stack up from fight to fight like sabertooth they made him better but not USEABLE in the endgame content

Totally agree on this. It takes a while to get his mutations set up and get the one you want, i.e. fury instead of parrying an attack as timer expires giving him block pro buff. I still think Carnage can be really good, maybe add a chance to bleed on crits or something to get him going faster, plus persistent charges that may cap at 5 or so as they carry over but still allow them to stack infinitely during a fight
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    Venom has become a great champ now and has alot of utility. Unlike carnage... carnage still needs alot of time to get enough buffs to make him worth your time and by then most fights r already over... please buff carnage one more time in this beta. There is still alot of time. We can still test him so he isnt overpowered. Because right now i dont feel like ranking up my carnage at all and i am pretty sure this is not an unpopular opinion.

Venom plateaus quickly, which makes him very useful in more gameplay opportunities. Carnage is fun for slapping around the ROL WSes of the game, but it's true you really don't get the rewards of his buff in a short fight.
    So far tho venom reads better than his actual gameplay. I find myself having to pause the game just to confirm all the **** going on with the buffs. Both more fun to play with tho, and still testing the synergies.
  • StinkyPinkyStinkyPinky Posts: 45
    edited September 2018
    Venom nor carnage are changed! It’s a beta I could be completely differen by the end of it!
  • If you are in the beta youre voicing your disappointment to the wrong people.

7kmvdrqepe0d.jpeg
  • StinkyPinkyStinkyPinky Posts: 45
    edited September 2018
    You guys in the beta have the power to sway kabams decision on where to take these champs abilities.
  • PbishopPbishop Posts: 143
    edited September 2018
    I can’t even get on the beta to voice my opinion on my favorite champ carnage because they made a beta where only a few ppl can access it t5brun87esrr.png
    @Kabam Zibiit
  • DBDLC666DBDLC666 Posts: 7
    Carnage still needs an attack buff & an armor buff to make him useful in endgame content. Heavy attack could be a touch faster as well. Alot more fun to play, tho.
  • PbishopPbishop Posts: 143
    Or let him carry his buffs from fight to fight
  • @Pbishop Venom is also someone who makes sense of having that ability. He doesnt lose the powers he obtains.
  • For real, act 6? Where did u get that from? Sounds interesting..
  • DooviousDoovious Posts: 4
    Venom is great now in the beta, i love his sp3 now!!!
    Id say just make his sp1 unblockable kinda like iron man infinity wars sp1 is and hed be perfect :)
    but i love his bleed consistency on attacks and his heavy armor break attacks
  • Venom is great. In beta he is finally the Beast he shoukd be. Carnage is better but I agree that Venom is the Star. Carnage needs a little more tweeking in my opinion.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Can anyone give insight into how venom's s2 interacts with mystic dispersion?
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Can anyone give insight into how venom's s2 interacts with mystic dispersion?

Poorly. Don’t bring venom against MD. Lotta power gain really quickly
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    So 2 conflicting answers.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    I’d like to know if you consider void to be an amazing champ. Both have similar ramp up time to reach their full potential and are both monsters once they reach this state. Not every champion has to have max damage within 10 seconds otherwise the game would be boring

Void has utility. Reversing healing, reducing power gain/evasion/dexterity etc. he’s also a good defender due to the way his debuffs work.

Carnage has only got decent damage going for him (in beta). He will still be a poor defender, as his specials are easy to evade. He also relies on heavy/L3 to get bleeds happening.

Carnage needs some utility to bring him in line with other damage dealers like spark.

Please Kabam. He’s been useless for over a year. Don’t just make him good in LoL length fights. We want to use him.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

I believe the way it will interact with MD will be as follows.

Upon activation of sp2 buffs are converted to fury, these conversions do not feed MD. However, upon expiration of the fury buffs, MD will get a huge boost as 8 buffs are expiring (different than converting) all at once.
  • Alex_sc11Alex_sc11 Posts: 191
    Cuteshelf wrote: »
    I’d like to know if you consider void to be an amazing champ. Both have similar ramp up time to reach their full potential and are both monsters once they reach this state. Not every champion has to have max damage within 10 seconds otherwise the game would be boring

Void has utility. Reversing healing, reducing power gain/evasion/dexterity etc. he’s also a good defender due to the way his debuffs work.

Carnage has only got decent damage going for him (in beta). He will still be a poor defender, as his specials are easy to evade. He also relies on heavy/L3 to get bleeds happening.

Carnage needs some utility to bring him in line with other damage dealers like spark.

Please Kabam. He’s been useless for over a year. Don’t just make him good in LoL length fights. We want to use him.

Well Starlord is great for attack but not as a defender. Not every character should do well in both. Now imagine a Carnage in power reserve or power gain node , now that he has a lot of power gain, he can be bit tricky.

I would certainly like a bit more of utility on Carnage, but I think he is very very usable now.
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Alex_sc11 wrote: »
    Cuteshelf wrote: »

Well Starlord is great for attack but not as a defender. Not every character should do well in both. Now imagine a Carnage in power reserve or power gain node , now that he has a lot of power gain, he can be bit tricky.

I would certainly like a bit more of utility on Carnage, but I think he is very very usable now.

I never said he HAD to be good on defense. I was just pointing out his short fallings VS other champs he’s being compared to.

I just want to use him. And as he is, there’s no reason to rank him over a whole bunch of other cosmic champs.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »

I believe the way it will interact with MD will be as follows.

Upon activation of sp2 buffs are converted to fury, these conversions do not feed MD. However, upon expiration of the fury buffs, MD will get a huge boost as 8 buffs are expiring (different than converting) all at once.

Agree with this. Still a fairly poor choice against mystic with MD though.
    ecm9u55catl9.jpg
  • King_L0kiB34rKing_L0kiB34r Posts: 208
    I don't know as long as the opponent can bleed carnage is pretty effective I took him through most of ROL and a few in LOL multiple times hitting 2k bleeds. rank4 and rank5 5*. Clearly not effective against non bleed champs but hey not every champ is made for every fight.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    600+ hits to kill LOL StarLord.... Very underwhelming imo