**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

We should have a new “Character Wishlist” thread

Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
The way it is now, the thread is completely useless and packed with random people just posting names and pictures of characters.

Still, there are a few people that make an effort to imagine base stats, abilities, synergies and a bio description for a new champ. Unfortunately, those comments (which are the best and actually entertaining to read/debate) get completely lost on the almost 100 pages of comments...

We should have a separate thread for those, instead of kinda wasting all effort made into “designing” a champ by just letting your idea disappear on that thread...

It could be something like “character design thread”, with one simple rule: you can’t just comment a name/photo without giving any idea of how you would adapt the character to the game (it doesn’t have to be all that formal... something like “i think this one should be able to do this and that” is already ok).

(This is also valid for the Champion Improvement one... maybe called “Champion Rework thread)

Thoughts??

Comments

• Schwa77Schwa77 Posts: 15
    Agreed. I think the current thread is extremely unproductive for both Kabam and people who want to share their work. The endless photo-spam is just annoying when trying to find designs. I don't know how I feel about "This Character should be able to do X and Y" because then we will probably end up with entries like "Agent Coulson - Bleed and Stun," which are just barely more productive than a name-spam and still offer next-to-no information on the actual design.
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Schwa77 said:

Agreed. I think the current thread is extremely unproductive for both Kabam and people who want to share their work. The endless photo-spam is just annoying when trying to find designs. I don't know how I feel about "This Character should be able to do X and Y" because then we will probably end up with entries like "Agent Coulson - Bleed and Stun," which are just barely more productive than a name-spam and still offer next-to-no information on the actual design.

Yeah... maybe you’re right...
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Or Kabam could allow us to make our own threads with our own MCoC Character Creations
    Example: XxLoganTDCxX's MCoC Champion Design Thread
    Instead of closing it down and saying "add it to this thread" because that's not productive or appreciated

Or Kabam could allow us to make our own threads with our own MCoC Character Creations
    Example: XxLoganTDCxX's MCoC Champion Design Thread
    Instead of closing it down and saying "add it to this thread" because that's not productive or appreciated

This could also work
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I have a notebook of MCoC designs made from MY original characters. None of these characters are from Marvel, but I like the fighting style of the game.
    More than 20 hours of work and no one gets to appreciate it except me.

I have a notebook of MCoC designs made from MY original characters. None of these characters are from Marvel, but I like the fighting style of the game.
    More than 20 hours of work and no one gets to appreciate it except me.

That’s sad... i’d love to see them! I also have some of my own
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Not necessary. Kabam clearly has their own agenda when it comes to the champions they will be adding. It is more than apparent when comic book mainstays are absent and they are releasing obscure champions into the contest.

Additionally there are tons of threads created over and over asking for champions to be added that need to shut down because people don't use the existing thread.
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    i'll keep asking for jubilee and someone will desagree
    TheVyrus said:

Not necessary. Kabam clearly has their own agenda when it comes to the champions they will be adding. It is more than apparent when comic book mainstays are absent and they are releasing obscure champions into the contest.

Additionally there are tons of threads created over and over asking for champions to be added that need to shut down because people don't use the existing thread.

Even though you are right and I agree with you when you say that whatever character we post here will hardly influence Kabam’s plans, I still think that reading someone’s idea for a champion is fun and a interesting type of player interaction.

As for the second part, I don’t think the well-worked threads (where a champion is actually designed/reworked instead of just “I want this guy”) shouldn’t be closed as they are now. Players have some great ideas for champs, and they should get more visibility than what’s given to them in the current thread, you know?
  • Schwa77Schwa77 Posts: 15
    edited October 2019
    Perfect way to phrase it. Opening a specified Champion Construction Thread would in no way remove the usage of the Champion Wishlist Thread. However, it would offer a far superior option for Summoners trying to get feedback on their work.

• PachPach Posts: 131
    People barely use the first one, who would use this new one? Probably the same People that use the first one
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    Schwa77 said:

Perfect way to phrase it. Opening a specified Champion Construction Thread would in no way remove the usage of the Champion Wishlist Thread. However, it would offer a far superior option for Summoners trying to get feedback on their work.

I think is a good way to phrase it and is accurate. It would be constructive discussion as long as it stays civil.
    Pach said:

People barely use the first one, who would use this new one? Probably the same People that use the first one

I would use the new one... and I’m pretty sure some other fellow forum members who also make those designs and reworks would like a thread to share their ideas
  • 060295060295 Posts: 47

Frank Castle: War Machine! For years, Frank has been fighting his one-man war as the Punisher, targeting criminals who endanger the innocent and dispatching them with lethal force. He's used all the tools at his disposal, and he's gotten extremely good at his self-appointed job.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    We got another undead thread, gang!
  • edited August 2020
    Good morning, If you have suggestions or requests to make, please add them to the main thread. On a side note, it is not wise to raise the old threads back to the living. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.