**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Rhulk Incinerate immune at 10 charge?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

dot_ditto said:

Lormif said:

it is still multiplicative, remember multiplication is just mass addition.

You have that backwards ... as you said, multiplication is just mass addition, therefore it's all additive.
    :pensive:
    but this is just playing semantics and completely missing the point .. ;)
    itis both,
    No it's not.

Multiplication is, indeed repeated addition:

3*5 = 3+3+3+3+3 = 5+5+5

However, you don't go the other way:

3+5 = ? * ?
    You can't re-write addition using multiplication in anywhere near the same way.
    it doesn't work in that direction. So no, it's not "both".
  • Options
    Marri_2 said:

It is intended. And I can see how it intended. I don't disagree with the intention. I just wish the description was more specific so we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Agreed ... to me, it's "mostly clear" how they're doing it .. might be weird ... since there's a couple different ways of doing it, and they seem to use both methods throughout the game in different areas ... wish they'd settle on 1 method so it's easier for us to follow :)
    hehe
    But in the end, it's not too big a deal, IMHO ..
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

3+5 = ? * ?

Dumb observational joke.
    -2 * -4
    This is how this works right? Ignore all other evidence/possibilities to get the answer someone wants.

• Options

dot_ditto said:

3+5 = ? * ?

Dumb observational joke.
    -2 * -4
    This is how this works right? Ignore all other evidence/possibilities to get the answer someone wants.

Yeah, kind of .. ;) hehe
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    🤭
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    Lormif said:

DrZola said:

Lormif said:

RoninMan said:

I can say it other way then, but it's correct. Also other similar scenarios in the game work just like this one, and have been confirmed as intended as well.

You have an incinerate ability that deals 100% damage. Add 40% from the node, and you get 140% damage.
    If your champion is 100% resistent to it, then there is still 40% damage left. You need a champion, or someone who is able to be 140% resistent to it

Once again, that’s not how math works. It should work like this;

Incinerate ability does 100 damage. Enhanced incineration increases it to 140 damage. 100% incineration resistance means you prevent ALL 140 of the damage.
    That is not how math works. If you have x apples and they give you 100% more apples you have 2x apples. If they then take away 100% apples there is now x apples. You can write the equation as x + x - x=x.

What you are trying to do is reassign x in the middle of the equation so that 100% is the final result of the addition before you do the subtraction, x+x -(x+x) =0. That requires additional wording not in the system.
    Actually, if they take away 100% of your apples you don’t have any apples anymore.

That’s how 100% works.

Dr. Zola
    When you say "100% of MY apples", you are redefining the representation of 100% from X to me and what I have, that is not how it works unless you define a re declaration, which they didnt, because we already declared 100% to represent X which just happens to be the apples I had at the start. 100% is not a continuously updating value unless you declare it so.
    “100% apples” and 100% are two entirely different things.

You are changing a percentage, which is a relative value, to a specific, declared value (X or X apples). Fine if you want to do that, but it’s no longer a percentage.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I have to admit that, evryday, since the last couple of days, I'm looking forward to come here, and read the latest post on this thread.
    Very educative and entertaining one.
    But, I'm suprise to see no posting from any of Kabam's mod... ;)
  • Options

I have to admit that, evryday, since the last couple of days, I'm looking forward to come here, and read the latest post on this thread.
    Very educative and entertaining one.
    But, I'm suprise to see no posting from any of Kabam's mod... ;)

In the following quote Replace Omega Red with Mephisto and Bleed with incinerate.

“Hey there, after some more thorough examination, we haven't found any issues with this interaction. to clear up some confusion, what is happening is that Omega Red reduces the base damage of the Bleed before the Bleed is enhanced by the nodes. This is the same way that other Champs with Bleed damage reduction function as well.”

From https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/97868/omega-red-90-bleed-reduction-bugged/p1