**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Been demoted from leader? <MERGED THREADS>

Comments

• OnlyAkiOnlyAki Posts: 4
    Yep me too. We spend years grinding trying to form a perfect ally then bang one bug ally could have been totally destroyed. It made our newest member our leader. I don't know him from a bar of soap.
  • GhepburniiiGhepburniii Posts: 16
    I created LigaSAP/Hn (KTRAXO) on June 29, 2018, I've been demoted from leader to member and player Ggury appears now as leader, KABAM, what the hell is going on? For the past year and a half I've been reporting issues with game, specifically, I have to use three devices to play, and now I'm demoted from my own alliance? You people seriously have big issues and apparently are not capable of solving them or even try to contact us, your customers, directly, you just use automated response systems, or you only consider customers those who spend thousands of dollars on the game? Yeah, I'm totally pissed off
  • GoofballanatotGoofballanatot Posts: 125
    I have 1 question what gives Kabam the right to do this, first off they messed up as usual, second if a leader is not active for a period of time it should be up to that member to stay or leave. Most alliances that are active and have great leaders are in place and are active.
    I just don’t see the point in making this decision.
  • GoofballanatotGoofballanatot Posts: 125
    I sent on Facebook that they did is an alliance and the leader kicked everyone so what was the end game.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

I have 1 question what gives Kabam the right to do this, first off they messed up as usual, second if a leader is not active for a period of time it should be up to that member to stay or leave. Most alliances that are active and have great leaders are in place and are active.
    I just don’t see the point in making this decision.

This was obviously a horrible screw up in a new feature they were implementing that would automatically demote a leader if they were idle for a long period of time so someone else in the alliance could take over if someone quit but didn't pass leader. Something like this has been asked for by the players for a long time. Someone just really, really, REALLY screwed up trying to implement the feature.

I'm picturing Judy Dench as M telling a subordinate "In the old days if an agent did something that embarrassing he'd have the good sense to defect."
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    No offense, but I wince everytime I see Kabam announcing a new "feature" - I ask myself, how could they mess this up... and every time, you guys beat my expectations and mess it up even worse than I could imagine. Freaked my alliance out as they thought I had just table flipped and walked out as the leader.

"New AW season starting? Time to break the game somehow." - Kabam CEO

I feel bad for the programmers and the forum moderators that have to deal with an upset, angry, paying customer base with no answers or fixes.
  • CyberWolvzCyberWolvz Posts: 18

Same here. I am just shocked to see this morning when i woke up seeing me demoted and one of my member being promoted! This is totally abdurd and ridiculous! This more than just a bug. This is a serious work of a hacker screwing up alliances!
  • Same thing here. I was demoted as Leader to Member, then back to Officer. Some Officers demoted to Members, some members promoted to Officers and a random Leader (nothing to do with Player Ranking). Complete mess. The guys was as surprised as I was. We are all active and log in multiple times everyday. So what the hell.
    Another gift for being a dedicated player/supporter?
    We’re in the middle of AQ and about to start AW. Nice....
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★

Same here. I am just shocked to see this morning when i woke up seeing me demoted and one of my member being promoted! This is totally absurd and ridiculous! This more than just a bug. This is a serious work of a hacker screwing up alliances!

The most widely agreed upon theory is that this is an unintended result of testing for the new 'inactive alliance leaders get demoted' system that's supposed to be coming into the game next update. Extremely inconvenient, yes, but not intended.
  • Brutus2099Brutus2099 Posts: 52
    Same happened to me and my alliance - great work Kabam, you have outdone yourselves with this one! Then to not even put priority on this to get a fix we have to wait till tomorrow... guess what AQ and war placement started today and now we have to deal with this. GG

Just when I thought things were turning around and you couldn’t drop the ball again - congratulations you found a way!

• Happened to us too and won’t allow us to promote members now!
  • I didn’t notice until a member noticed it just now. I’ve been on moving in AQ just didn’t notice. Now I’m pretty angry
  • ezgoingezgoing Posts: 269 ★★
    Kabam, it is totally avoidable bugs like these that really rile the player base and cannot be forgiven. It’s not like you are a struggling software company which doesn’t have the resources to invest in a quality dev team which knows how to separate your testing and production environments.

Sometimes I really pity the forum mods for having to clean up the frequent mess the incompetent dev team creates.

• I was the leader of my Alliance.. but suddenly today early morning I became member and a member has become the leader of my Alliance.. please fix this bug.. U guys have done Very very worng.. I love this game but this is very pathetic and ridiculous.. Please fix this..
    edited October 2019
    They said system detected the Leader being idle for long hours? I slept past midnight +4GMT Dubai time and woke up 7am, is that already an "IDLE" mode to you?? Totally BS! we are only humans and we are not robots to stay awake 24hrs a day! Kabam should give a better compensation on this like a 5 star Generic Awakening Gem or 5* Rank Down Tickets!
  • eggistaeggista Posts: 19

They said system detected the Leader being idle for long hours? I slept past midnight +4GMT Dubai time and woke up 7am, is that already an "IDLE" mode to you?? Totally BS! we are only humans and we are not robots to stay awake 24hrs a day! Kabam should give a better compensation on this like a 5 star Generic Awakening Gem or 5* Rank Down Tickets!

Compensation... Oh booy... U dereamer... They will send ingame "sorry e-mail" nothing more.

• exc3lexc3l Posts: 67
    What the literal hell kabam! This game seems like a **** show from the November side quest being highly dissapointing. I worked for 4 seasons to get my alliance to gold one that I created for this **** to happen! I just renewed my sigil too starting to regret Putin in all this hard work. I swear compensation better be good for this!
  • Same happened with my alliance demoted to member from leader. Raised ticket and answer sit and w8t we do investigation. No sence if it happent with so manny people pls take server down and do investigation. thanks for quick respond to TT.
  • GiganteaGigantea Posts: 111
    The current update is so buggy... I am looking forward to the next update. This problem happen in my alliance too.
  • BoxermykeBoxermyke Posts: 6
    THIS IS CAUSING PROBLEMS, PLEASE FIX ASAP!
  • TP33TP33 Posts: 1,577 ★★★★
    AW is starting soon and I’d quite like to be able to move some people around, like put the 4* Hyperion on +100% powergain
This discussion has been closed.