**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Daredevil vs Guillotine 2099

2»

Comments

• dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Is Digi-Cloak the same as Invisibility?

That's the thing I'm hoping Kabam will clarify ... but for now, it seems that it's either:

a) no, it's not invisibility - and more like phasing ..
    or
    b) yeah, but it's bugged ..

LOL
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    dot_ditto said:

That's the thing I'm hoping Kabam will clarify ... but for now, it seems that it's either:

or

LOL
    But even if it was like phasing, attacks that shouldn’t miss, like Torch’s and Nick Fury’s shouldn’t miss. Since they are it makes me believe one of three things:

1. Digi-cloak is similar to the invisibility mechanic and therefore the interactions between DD, Torch, and Fury are bugged.

2. Digi-cloak is similar to phasing in which case the interaction with DD is correct, but the interaction with Torch and Fury are bugged.

3. Digi-cloak is an entirely new mechanic that hasn’t been explained yet and therefore all interactions are working as intended.

I expect when they do Guillotine 2099’s champion spotlight it will shed some light on this, but until then it seems we are in the dark.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I think it's a separate Ability that works the same as Miss. "Cannot Miss.", e.g.
    Not 100%. Perhaps a Mod can clarify.
    edited October 2019
    Would love some clarifications by Kabam on this .. *sigh*
    RoninMan said:

dot_ditto said:

or

LOL
    But even if it was like phasing, attacks that shouldn’t miss, like Torch’s and Nick Fury’s shouldn’t miss. Since they are it makes me believe one of three things:

1. Digi-cloak is similar to the invisibility mechanic and therefore the interactions between DD, Torch, and Fury are bugged.

2. Digi-cloak is similar to phasing in which case the interaction with DD is correct, but the interaction with Torch and Fury are bugged.

3. Digi-cloak is an entirely new mechanic that hasn’t been explained yet and therefore all interactions are working as intended.

I expect when they do Guillotine 2099’s champion spotlight it will shed some light on this, but until then it seems we are in the dark.
    After doing another run I discovered something new. I decided to take Stealthy just for fun and see what would happen. Interestingly enough he did work. Stealthy has the ability to make misses fail if the opponent is under the effect of his web foam debuff. This makes me think that maybe my original testing of Torch may not have been completely accurate. With the Stealthy run I did explore her quest so I will not be running it until I start master and I will test again with a lower ranked Torch. But if anyone else can test Torch and report back, that would be useful.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    @RoninMan HT needs a temperature above 10 for his anti-miss mechanic to function, was he above 10 for your test? (I did not see this parameter mentioned in your post about him.)

@RoninMan HT needs a temperature above 10 for his anti-miss mechanic to function, was he above 10 for your test? (I did not see this parameter mentioned in your post about him.)

Yes, you are right and I know I kept it up at the start of the fight but once I got some incinerates going I might’ve lost focus on it. That’s why I am thinking it was inaccurate because I’m assuming it dropped before she cloaked herself. That’s why I’m hoping someone else can properly test where I failed.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Fantastic thank you.
    When is her champion spotlight coming out ?
    Hoping it's clarified in there at least ... although it would be nice to get clarity on this PRIOR to the end of the event, so we can understand what's supposed to happen .. :(

One, because is not listed as an ability. So in theory, no ability (currently) allows Daredevil to bypass invisibility.
    And also, Guillotine 2099 doesn't trigger invisibility.

well, they finally got around to clarifying that it is - indeed - intended .. so glad they did .and hoping they iron things out in future so it's easier to know when it does and when it doesn't :)

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/164461/champion-spotlight-guillotine-2099#latest