YES NERF MYSTIC DISPERSION or ELIMINATE DEXTERITY CRIT

One or the other needs to happen ASAP. WAR has become such a joke its not even funny anymore. 50% mystics across the board with the occasional Night crawler thrown in. I cant stand doing war anymore. MD has created a huge imbalance in the classes and mystics are way ahead of the class so to speak. There is absolutely no counter to MD and just makes champs like Majik or Mordo just rediculous.
The Game team has to be aware of such and imbalance is worse then the OP times of Strange, Black widow, thor, and Witch.
«1

Comments

  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 518 ★★★
    They would have to send out a ton of rank down tickets. They have no interest. Similar to the suicide willpower change previously.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 863 ★★★
    This is why on AW attack days I take off Dex.... it helps a lot in AW.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I can't stand doing AW either. It doesn't have anything to do with the Dexterity/MD combo. Well...maybe a little bit. I think think the design of the entire thing is dumb. I hate AW. You get 4* and 5* shards for participation. Once you hit your adjusted war rating, you're going to win about 50% of the time. Just add the average shards to SA and give me my champs back.

    I hate AW.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534
    This is why on AW attack days I take off Dex.... it helps a lot in AW.

    You know how expensive it would be to redo masteries every other day just because of one game mode. And without the evade, you can't survive by blocking specials in higher tiers for more than a couple of fights.
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 88
    People have been complaining about this and made solid suggestions and kabam is ignoring all of them. This would be like having science mastery that said "every time hero gains a buff the opponent loses power" or even better " opponents of science suffer damage directly related to the power meter. Evertime opponent fills a power bar they lose 500 health. Do it and MD can stay the same.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Md is not overpowered. Anybody who would say so just doesn't know how to fight it. And yes I see lvl 5 every war on juggy mordo and magik etc
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    Md is not overpowered. Anybody who would say so just doesn't know how to fight it. And yes I see lvl 5 every war on juggy mordo and magik etc

    Lemme give you an example. Magik (or any other mystic) on 2 bars of power, you wanna bait so you start evading, evade a couple attacks, dexterity, dexterity, dexterity and booom, they get to Sp3 and you're out.
    I agree MD may not be OP, but it's relation with Dexterity needs to be looked upon.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    It's not. Change the way you bait specials. It's not difficult. Md and mystic champs you don't bait the same way and I do it regularly. I get that it sucks but play smart is how you win. You should start baiting at l1 anyways against those.
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    I agree with you @Yelin547 it is possible to fight against max MD defenders if you are using specific offenders to counter it. I also disagree in that MD is overpowered in comparison to other class masteries, and it is clearly evident of how overpowered it is when every single top 50 war rated alliance places r4/55 magic as boss and litters the field with MD deference.

    One of the main reasons for the majority of Kabam's prior changes to champs was to balance the battle realm so people didn't just bring the same champs into fights over and over. Well this is exactly what War has become like. In its current form War has excluded 90% of the other characters in the game from being used

    Bottom line @Kabam Miike
    Just like how Kabam has advised that Hood stagger replacing itself shouldn't trigger healing because it hasn't expired. Dexterity replacing itself shouldn't trigger MD because it hasn't expired.
  • JoeyDJoeyD Posts: 6

    DaMunk wrote: »
    I can't take credit for this idea but it makes the most sense to me. Level 1 dexterity gives you the ability to evade, level 2 adds crit bonus and so on. I'm thinking this would solve a lot's of problems and be fairly balanced. That said people with MD at 5 wouldn't be happy. It costs lot's of resources to get to R5. Mines at R5 but I'd be okay with the changes if there's some form of adjustment package. Doesn't have to major but something.
    DaMunk wrote: »
    I can't take credit for this idea but it makes the most sense to me. Level 1 dexterity gives you the ability to evade, level 2 adds crit bonus and so on. I'm thinking this would solve a lot's of problems and be fairly balanced. That said people with MD at 5 wouldn't be happy. It costs lot's of resources to get to R5. Mines at R5 but I'd be okay with the changes if there's some form of adjustment package. Doesn't have to major but something.

    I agree. And I also have MD5. I've been saying exactly what you're saying. Level one Dexterity allows evading of all attacks but no precision buff. Level 2 and 3 of Dexterity give you the buff.

  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    The best fixed is to just make dexterity a passive buff that is fixed and increases over time. It can be modified to be 1 percent critical increase.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    People will still use MD for AQ and other parts if the game but in AW will get just 12 percent attack increase once per fight! If kabam wants revenue they should x2 the difficulty of AW.

    We need the exploit of Mystic champs in AW to stop right now!
  • Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 61
    Why not just make the other class masteries more enticing.

    You'd get a lot less maxed out mystic dispersion if people had any interest in the other classes. Skill had its place as a decent addition to that class but currently it seems to not work as it did before. Tech can have some value but not enough to pull people from MD. I've never seen anyone use science, mutant or cosmic or even mention the idea.

    I'm sure some cool things could be done.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 6,758 ★★★★★
    I have maxed mystic d. Don't want a nerf. Would be fine eliminating dexterity from the equation however. We are tier one war and don't spend and I find the current MD manageable nevertheless.
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    I have maxed mystic d. Don't want a nerf. Would be fine eliminating dexterity from the equation however. We are tier one war and don't spend and I find the current MD manageable nevertheless.

    Just out of curiosity I have a question for you in regards to this... do you bait champs differently that run MD than others or did you have to adjust hat tactic? Also because you say it's manageable and I agree with you agree that it's a slower fight because you have to fight differently and normal styles don't work vs md? Different skill set am I right?

    I'm only tier 2 right now but we dabble in tier 1 from time to time but can't stay there because most alliances we face there are 2-3m higher than us.
  • KobaltKobalt Posts: 29
    I spent real money to max MD an i want REAL MONEY back if any changes are made to it. Thank you.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 447 ★★
    dexterity is absolutely the issue here.. There is no reason to expire the precision charge on subsequent evades.. Just keep the existing one until first successful attack. At which point, by all means, expire the buff and trigger MD.
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 88
    It is such an easy fix to eliminate the crit bonus in dexterity it makes you wonder why they have not changed it. Maybe KABAM is keeping it because it generates money.
  • NemesioNemesio Posts: 120
    dexterity is absolutely the issue here.. There is no reason to expire the precision charge on subsequent evades.. Just keep the existing one until first successful attack. At which point, by all means, expire the buff and trigger MD.

    I agree with this
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Even if they change Dexterity at this point, they will have to refund MD users. The top guys in the game have ranked MD to 5 BASED on this relationship.

    Also, @Kabam Miike has already stated in previous threads like this that it IS working as intended. The price you pay to have dexterity is that it can trigger MD.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 863 ★★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    This is why on AW attack days I take off Dex.... it helps a lot in AW.

    You know how expensive it would be to redo masteries every other day just because of one game mode. And without the evade, you can't survive by blocking specials in higher tiers for more than a couple of fights.

    Yep I do... that's why when doing AW series I leave it off for the duration of the series. I turn it back on when I doing monthly quests....
  • FineFine Posts: 78
    I have MD maxed. Love it and have no problem in wars. Quite the opposite, war is my favorite area of the game. I've completed all other content so it and AQ are really the only thing that keeps me going. You don't have to use your dexterity to bait specials. Change up your fighting style.
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    You have 100% completed LOL?
  • Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    Fine wrote: »
    I have MD maxed. Love it and have no problem in wars. Quite the opposite, war is my favorite area of the game. I've completed all other content so it and AQ are really the only thing that keeps me going. You don't have to use your dexterity to bait specials. Change up your fighting style.

    You are on target with this. If you think you can't fight it and it's impossible your lacking either the skills to adjust or just want easy street. People will hate me for this but other than when champs go into all or nothing mode and you can't bait them anyways it doesn't matter much. Learn to bait against MD and stop complaining here about every feature you can't learn to adjust to. It's frustrating and you have to change your style but let's not nerf everything that people have going for them. Last update already was enough for that. You hate it? Get it and watch your guys get the KOs. Or watch them not get KOs and realize it's not as OP as you thought...
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    It makes them money and they implemented a passive to take advantage of dexterity replacing itself(spite). That being said i have it at rank 4 and got it that way from using loyalty which took months to gather. If it is changed they owe the people that have it at a high level a massive amount of compensation.

    Think about it like this. The people that have it at a high level paid money and or loyalty to get it to there. They did it only because of the way it was intented to work. This is the same scenario as right before 12.0 where they sold something they intented to change. Everyone said how dirty they were then. It's a double edged sword.
  • BCdiscmanBCdiscman Posts: 348
    True but don't forget that they destroyed Pure Skill and instead of compensation they kicked us in the teeth smiled and said 'It's working as intended'!!!
Sign In or Register to comment.