**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Mysterio vs. Domino — why does parry still fail sometimes?

I know Domino AAR abilities can cause the “block break” effect where your parry fails. But Mysterio is supposed to be immune to AAR effects. So why can’t he consistently parry Domino? It still fails occasionally, e.g., in arena just now where there was no node effect that could explain it.

Comments

• Edit: and yes, I know how to parry. The “parry” text came up on my side of the screen with a perfectly timed block and yet Domino was not stunned. I know that’s what normally happens for Domino, but I thought mysterio should be different because of his AAR immunity.

Should be very easy to reproduce this — just parry her over and over and it seems like it will fail on occasion.
  • https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ajFt9UNzpw8dX3AUKv5LSNnw

There is a link to a video of the issue. This is in arena. You can clearly see the word “parry.”
    Again: mysterio is supposed to be immune to AAR, so why is this happening?
  • nOuxnOux Posts: 522 ★★★
    Domino’s first light attack is projectile and can’t be stunned by parry.
  • GanjaGanja Posts: 3
    Domino has this ability;

ALL ATTACKS;

Domino uses her pistol for her first light hit, her second medium hit and her final heavy hit. These attacks do not make contact with opponents.

What this mean is that while you still see the parry text appear you cannot stun the target because they never actually touched you. This is the same for every champ that does not make contact with their first hit. I think magnetos first medium attack does the same thing.

Hope this helps any confusion
    If u want to parry stun Domino u need to create distance and let her charge in and do medium attack at you.
  • Hidden_KnightHidden_Knight Posts: 202
    It's not being reduced by AAB her first medium is a projectile based hit, any projectile based hits can't be parried. Exculding Cull.
  • Thanks. I guess the initial approach is no a charge, so what happened in that video is she stopped and did a light attack first instead of medium. I get it now. Thanks.
    Ganja said:

Domino has this ability;

ALL ATTACKS;

Domino uses her pistol for her first light hit, her second medium hit and her final heavy hit. These attacks do not make contact with opponents.

What this mean is that while you still see the parry text appear you cannot stun the target because they never actually touched you. This is the same for every champ that does not make contact with their first hit. I think magnetos first medium attack does the same thing.

Hope this helps any confusion

Magneto all attacks make contact, just all his hits are energy damage

Thanks. I guess the initial approach is no a charge, so what happened in that video is she stopped and did a light attack first instead of medium. I get it now. Thanks.

Usually if it’s near you AI only uses light attack as combo starter
  • muddy17muddy17 Posts: 227

She can also parry projectiles
  • WhiteStrikerWhiteStriker Posts: 107
    When I way playing with vision AOU against domino, I did a 5 hit combo with last hit light attack. I got critical failure for the last hit. Can some one explain why I got critical failure ?
    I have basic mastery setup. I had only Parry, percision, cruelty, block profciency and dispair, deep wonds, assasin, courage, enchanced furies in mastery setup