Options

Removal of Thorns: a new case for rank down tickets

13567

Comments

  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    DefJ123 wrote: »
    I literally just took my double dupe 5* antman to r3 literally for the sole purpose of placing him on thorns. No other reason, so to the idiots saying other wise you're wrong.

    I'll live with it if our Kabam over Lords decide no, but even a single rdt would be appreciated. Dont need a big dump of them like last time but 1 of 2 would be excellent.

    That previous message was toward you
  • Options
    DefJ123DefJ123 Posts: 54
    Run477 wrote: »
    To be clear: I'm not entirely against rtds for 4* champs and r3 5* champs. I am 100% opposed for 5* r4 champs. That being said, I still think your alliance was not smart for having you waste science t4ccs for ant man on thorns. What tier war are you in? I asked my alliance when the last time they saw an ant man on thorns and none of them can remember.

    Wasn't an alliance decision, was purely my decision. Mainly why if Kabam decides no I'll live it.

    We're normally tier 5-6-7. I play in a 7m alli, kind of my retirement home. He's gotten me quite a few kills since rank up and that was specifically on thorns node. As said, if no rdt, whatever. But this imo is best case for Kabam to give them out.
  • Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    DefJ123 wrote: »
    I literally just took my double dupe 5* antman to r3 literally for the sole purpose of placing him on thorns. No other reason, so to the idiots saying other wise you're wrong.

    I'll live with it if our Kabam over Lords decide no, but even a single rdt would be appreciated. Dont need a big dump of them like last time but 1 of 2 would be excellent.

    2 is perfect. One for offense and one for defense. It really does nothing to hurt their bottomline while it makes us feel much better about these unavoidable changes.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    DefJ123 wrote: »
    I literally just took my double dupe 5* antman to r3 literally for the sole purpose of placing him on thorns. No other reason, so to the idiots saying other wise you're wrong.

    I'll live with it if our Kabam over Lords decide no, but even a single rdt would be appreciated. Dont need a big dump of them like last time but 1 of 2 would be excellent.

    2 is perfect. One for offense and one for defense. It really does nothing to hurt their bottomline while it makes us feel much better about these unavoidable changes.

    Who are you wanting to rank down and who are you wanting to rank up?
  • Options
    ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    I'd love rank down tickets again. Just got a 5* ultron so now I want to rank down my 4* ultron who is maxed out.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Yeah indirect nerfing needs to be accounted for a lot more. Every landscape altering adjustment affects values and the AM/thorns example is just one of them. I could manipulate any champ however I wanted without touching the base stats directly. If they adjust a mastery or take out a very champ specific war node the affected champs should potentially be given rdt consideration.
  • Options
    Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

    I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

    The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

    The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

    I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

    I agree with you on the basic usability of champs having changed, but we can't ask everyone who doesn't agree to butt out of the conversation either.

    I believe this question (like many others in forum) is directed towards a mod as they are the only ones that can accurately say what the opinion of Kabam is on each topic. Sometimes forum members take it upon themselves to "decipher" (for lack of a better word) the stated messages of Kabam. Opinions are fine, I'm not one that flags for opposition. But I think there are too many times where opinions are stated as facts and this deters people from getting direct answers.

    Yes this is true. But I think the biggest issue plaguing the forums is members are seeking answers from the mods but their presence is for the most part undetected. Whether or not they feel the topic has been beaten to death so they move along is only something they can answer. Either way, it does not hurt for a mod to shoot a sentence and close down a post.
  • Options
    EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Viper1987 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

    I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

    The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

    The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

    I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

    I agree with you on the basic usability of champs having changed, but we can't ask everyone who doesn't agree to butt out of the conversation either.

    I believe this question (like many others in forum) is directed towards a mod as they are the only ones that can accurately say what the opinion of Kabam is on each topic. Sometimes forum members take it upon themselves to "decipher" (for lack of a better word) the stated messages of Kabam. Opinions are fine, I'm not one that flags for opposition. But I think there are too many times where opinions are stated as facts and this deters people from getting direct answers.

    Yes this is true. But I think the biggest issue plaguing the forums is members are seeking answers from the mods but their presence is for the most part undetected. Whether or not they feel the topic has been beaten to death so they move along is only something they can answer. Either way, it does not hurt for a mod to shoot a sentence and close down a post.

    Yeah moderator input and communication is weak. The forum would be considerably more active/less negative and more useful if the mods engaged more and didn't shut down every topic they didn't want to talk about. Don't see the point getting a fancy new forum to just mostly ignore.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I ranked up my 4* Electro for thorns because I was looking for another war defender. Don't use him otherwise.

    The one thing that I haven't seen discussed is what the new war buffs are going to be. Everyone is fixated on what's leaving, but do we know what's replacing it? Before we get all butt-hurt on the change, shouldn't we have a better understanding of the change first?
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Yeah you deserve those RDT's
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I ranked up my 4* Electro for thorns because I was looking for another war defender. Don't use him otherwise.

    The one thing that I haven't seen discussed is what the new war buffs are going to be. Everyone is fixated on what's leaving, but do we know what's replacing it? Before we get all butt-hurt on the change, shouldn't we have a better understanding of the change first?

    well "not the butt-hurt guy". For instance removing defender kill score being one of the pay win scenario. and to have a better understanding on this my butt did not hurt at all.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Sungj wrote: »
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

    I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

    The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

    The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

    I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

    I do not have the authority to "shoot down" a Thread. I do have the right to comment whether in support of the idea or not. Truth is that's not what they're for. Nothing about the Champs has been changed. The only instances where they would be brought back are major changes to the Champs themselves (nerfs), as stated by Mods. The situation does not apply. Just because people used them for Thorns and the Node is changing doesn't mean there is anything different about the Champs. Therefore, it does not negate Ranking them or warrant the necessity to change them. People can jump on that and imply I'm trying to play Mod, but that's what generally happens when someone expresses some facts and views that are not in sync with their own. I'm not stopping the discussion. Just pointing out that it's not what they are for. It seems like every change that comes, people want them.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    Yeah indirect nerfing needs to be accounted for a lot more. Every landscape altering adjustment affects values and the AM/thorns example is just one of them. I could manipulate any champ however I wanted without touching the base stats directly. If they adjust a mastery or take out a very champ specific war node the affected champs should potentially be given rdt consideration.

    Arch angel has made magik much more manageable? Black widow made duped spidey easier. Do u consider adding champs that can more easily defeat an opponent to be an "indirect nerf"?
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I ranked up my 4* Electro for thorns because I was looking for another war defender. Don't use him otherwise.

    The one thing that I haven't seen discussed is what the new war buffs are going to be. Everyone is fixated on what's leaving, but do we know what's replacing it? Before we get all butt-hurt on the change, shouldn't we have a better understanding of the change first?

    Not sure why you have electro on thorns anyway. Opponents should be attacking thorns nodes with champs that bypass electro shock damage. Against an opponent that has any clue what they are doing, that's possibly the worst tile for him
  • Options
    No, just no. RDTs has solely been for the use for whenever their abilities change. Not for when a change happens in a game mode. So you're telling me that when Hyperion mini boss changes to someone else in map6, Kabam need to issue us rank down tickets for whoever ranked up Hood or Magik?

    Please, enough is enough. Just stop fishing for RDTs at every single opportunity you can jump at! Deal with your poorly made decision of ranking AM if his only use was just for Thorns node and not make it seem like it's a case for RDTs to be brought back
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

    I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

    The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

    The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

    I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

    I do not have the authority to "shoot down" a Thread. I do have the right to comment whether in support of the idea or not. Truth is that's not what they're for. Nothing about the Champs has been changed. The only instances where they would be brought back are major changes to the Champs themselves (nerfs), as stated by Mods. The situation does not apply. Just because people used them for Thorns and the Node is changing doesn't mean there is anything different about the Champs. Therefore, it does not negate Ranking them or warrant the necessity to change them. People can jump on that and imply I'm trying to play Mod, but that's what generally happens when someone expresses some facts and views that are not in sync with their own. I'm not stopping the discussion. Just pointing out that it's not what they are for. It seems like every change that comes, people want them.

    Facts are different that Views. Stating a view or opinion as a fact is how missinformation gets spread.

    You are interpreting your view about RDTs and stating it as fact.


    Getting back to the OP. That is an interesting reason for having a Rank Down Ticket. I don't usually agree with RDTs but I think if Kabam took a look at this issue that would be appreciated. They should take an average of the champions on Thorns and see how that plays out with what the community is talking about.

    This is similar to this hypothesis; What if Kabam changed it so AW Defenders were not affected the summoners Mastery.
    Would this many people rank up MD, or rank up Magic/Juggs/Dormamu/etc?

    It is fact when it's based on repeated comments from the Mods regarding RDT's. The subject has been brought up many times, and that's their stance. My view is that it doesn't apply to what they're for.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I agree on this one, rank down tickets are a must at least 3 but class specific. 2 generic 4 star rank down tickets and 1 science 5 star rank down for all the people that ranked up antman for thorns.
  • Options
    RebusUIRebusUI Posts: 45
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    t2as are becoming more available so no need to rank down

    I don't believe it until I see it happen... kabam saying is one thing... making it available might be 150 t2 alpha for 600 glory coins... so don't keep repeating it like its coming tomorrow or you know when... thanks
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    MoiraD wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

    I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

    The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

    The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

    I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

    I do not have the authority to "shoot down" a Thread. I do have the right to comment whether in support of the idea or not. Truth is that's not what they're for. Nothing about the Champs has been changed. The only instances where they would be brought back are major changes to the Champs themselves (nerfs), as stated by Mods. The situation does not apply. Just because people used them for Thorns and the Node is changing doesn't mean there is anything different about the Champs. Therefore, it does not negate Ranking them or warrant the necessity to change them. People can jump on that and imply I'm trying to play Mod, but that's what generally happens when someone expresses some facts and views that are not in sync with their own. I'm not stopping the discussion. Just pointing out that it's not what they are for. It seems like every change that comes, people want them.

    Facts are different that Views. Stating a view or opinion as a fact is how missinformation gets spread.

    You are interpreting your view about RDTs and stating it as fact.


    Getting back to the OP. That is an interesting reason for having a Rank Down Ticket. I don't usually agree with RDTs but I think if Kabam took a look at this issue that would be appreciated. They should take an average of the champions on Thorns and see how that plays out with what the community is talking about.

    This is similar to this hypothesis; What if Kabam changed it so AW Defenders were not affected the summoners Mastery.
    Would this many people rank up MD, or rank up Magic/Juggs/Dormamu/etc?

    It is fact when it's based on repeated comments from the Mods regarding RDT's. The subject has been brought up many times, and that's their stance. My view is that it doesn't apply to what they're for.



    Ahh thank your for clarifying your comments.

    Fact, mods have stated that RDTs are only for when big nerds/changes happen to champions

    You're view, is that this particular issue does not fall under said mod statements as related to RDTs. Other people have a different view than yours.

    So until a mod comes in and says that this situation does not apply to RDT it looks like everyone is just brainstorming ideas. No one is right or wrong, so cooling your jets in your condescending know it all tone might be appreciated by the other folks in this thread. You know, to keep things civil.

    Well, you can request it if you like. Whether they will or not, I don't know. I DO know that nothing is being changed about the Champs themselves, so it doesn't fall under what was stated.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,049 ★★★★★
    You ranked up a terrible champ because he's useful on ONE node in aw defense???? That's insane.....I actually was going to start this thread as a joke assuming people would start asking for RDT for cyclops and stuff but you beat me to it.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    MoiraD wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

    I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

    The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

    The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

    I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

    I do not have the authority to "shoot down" a Thread. I do have the right to comment whether in support of the idea or not. Truth is that's not what they're for. Nothing about the Champs has been changed. The only instances where they would be brought back are major changes to the Champs themselves (nerfs), as stated by Mods. The situation does not apply. Just because people used them for Thorns and the Node is changing doesn't mean there is anything different about the Champs. Therefore, it does not negate Ranking them or warrant the necessity to change them. People can jump on that and imply I'm trying to play Mod, but that's what generally happens when someone expresses some facts and views that are not in sync with their own. I'm not stopping the discussion. Just pointing out that it's not what they are for. It seems like every change that comes, people want them.

    Facts are different that Views. Stating a view or opinion as a fact is how missinformation gets spread.

    You are interpreting your view about RDTs and stating it as fact.


    Getting back to the OP. That is an interesting reason for having a Rank Down Ticket. I don't usually agree with RDTs but I think if Kabam took a look at this issue that would be appreciated. They should take an average of the champions on Thorns and see how that plays out with what the community is talking about.

    This is similar to this hypothesis; What if Kabam changed it so AW Defenders were not affected the summoners Mastery.
    Would this many people rank up MD, or rank up Magic/Juggs/Dormamu/etc?

    It is fact when it's based on repeated comments from the Mods regarding RDT's. The subject has been brought up many times, and that's their stance. My view is that it doesn't apply to what they're for.



    Ahh thank your for clarifying your comments.

    Fact, mods have stated that RDTs are only for when big nerds/changes happen to champions

    You're view, is that this particular issue does not fall under said mod statements as related to RDTs. Other people have a different view than yours.

    So until a mod comes in and says that this situation does not apply to RDT it looks like everyone is just brainstorming ideas. No one is right or wrong, so cooling your jets in your condescending know it all tone might be appreciated by the other folks in this thread. You know, to keep things civil.

    Well, you can request it if you like. Whether they will or not, I don't know. I DO know that nothing is being changed about the Champs themselves, so it doesn't fall under what was stated.

    Just arguing to argue aren't you?

    Care to address the point I made about changing Masteries in AW, since I like to think it falls under being similar to the issue the OP is discussing.

    I'm not arguing at all. We're talking about changes to Champs. Not the Arena, Wars, AQ, or any other aspect. Nerfs are what most call them. Changes to Champs like we saw in 12.0 and 12.0.1. The actual Champs themselves were altered drastically. It is not realistic to expect RDTs for Champs you used to use in War because the Abilities, Sig, and/or design of the Champs themselves have not changed. To answer more directly, no. It would not apply.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,299 ★★★★★
    MoiraD wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

    I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

    The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

    The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

    I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

    I do not have the authority to "shoot down" a Thread. I do have the right to comment whether in support of the idea or not. Truth is that's not what they're for. Nothing about the Champs has been changed. The only instances where they would be brought back are major changes to the Champs themselves (nerfs), as stated by Mods. The situation does not apply. Just because people used them for Thorns and the Node is changing doesn't mean there is anything different about the Champs. Therefore, it does not negate Ranking them or warrant the necessity to change them. People can jump on that and imply I'm trying to play Mod, but that's what generally happens when someone expresses some facts and views that are not in sync with their own. I'm not stopping the discussion. Just pointing out that it's not what they are for. It seems like every change that comes, people want them.

    Facts are different that Views. Stating a view or opinion as a fact is how missinformation gets spread.

    You are interpreting your view about RDTs and stating it as fact.


    Getting back to the OP. That is an interesting reason for having a Rank Down Ticket. I don't usually agree with RDTs but I think if Kabam took a look at this issue that would be appreciated. They should take an average of the champions on Thorns and see how that plays out with what the community is talking about.

    This is similar to this hypothesis; What if Kabam changed it so AW Defenders were not affected the summoners Mastery.
    Would this many people rank up MD, or rank up Magic/Juggs/Dormamu/etc?

    It is fact when it's based on repeated comments from the Mods regarding RDT's. The subject has been brought up many times, and that's their stance. My view is that it doesn't apply to what they're for.



    Ahh thank your for clarifying your comments.

    Fact, mods have stated that RDTs are only for when big nerds/changes happen to champions

    You're view, is that this particular issue does not fall under said mod statements as related to RDTs. Other people have a different view than yours.

    So until a mod comes in and says that this situation does not apply to RDT it looks like everyone is just brainstorming ideas. No one is right or wrong, so cooling your jets in your condescending know it all tone might be appreciated by the other folks in this thread. You know, to keep things civil.

    Well, you can request it if you like. Whether they will or not, I don't know. I DO know that nothing is being changed about the Champs themselves, so it doesn't fall under what was stated.

    Just arguing to argue aren't you?

    Care to address the point I made about changing Masteries in AW, since I like to think it falls under being similar to the issue the OP is discussing.

    I'm not arguing at all. We're talking about changes to Champs. Not the Arena, Wars, AQ, or any other aspect. Nerfs are what most call them. Changes to Champs like we saw in 12.0 and 12.0.1. The actual Champs themselves were altered drastically. It is not realistic to expect RDTs for Champs you used to use in War because the Abilities, Sig, and/or design of the Champs themselves have not changed.

    To answer more directly, no. I THINK it would not apply.

    I changed it for you, since you really don't know, only the devs do. You know to clarify things.

    You seem to be the one arguing for the sake of arguing and you accused me of the very thing. Put it this way. People used Ant-Man on Thorns as an example. They take away Thorns. Does Ant-Man still perform the way he used to? Yes. Therefore, no changes have been made to the Champ. Who we Rank and what we use them for is entirely up to us. The RDTs are for changes to Champs. If we Rank a Champ simply for a specific Node and the Node no longer exists, that's our choice. It is not their doing because we chose to Rank said Champ, and we chose that based on what we wanted to use him for. Nothing about that Champ has changed. That's not opinion. It's logic. Logic that is based on months of responses as to what the RDTs are intended for. Feel free to argue semantics, but that's the bottom line. They may change their mind and give them, who knows. However, as it stands, and based on what they themselves have said, that's not what they are for.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Once again, that's your opinion @GroundedWisdom. Correct, the champ did not physically change. Whether the utility of the champ constitutes "changes" in the eyes of Kabam is unknown at this point. Your opinion is that it does not. Others have the opinion that it does. But they're all opinions until Kabam confirms one way or the other.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,049 ★★★★★
    Once again, that's your opinion @GroundedWisdom. Correct, the champ did not physically change. Whether the utility of the champ constitutes "changes" in the eyes of Kabam is unknown at this point. Your opinion is that it does not. Others have the opinion that it does. But they're all opinions until Kabam confirms one way or the other.

    Do they need to issue RDT every time anything changes? For example, part of why i ranked hulk to 5/50 is for poison path in AQ. If they get rid of poison path, do they need to give RDT for every poison immune champ in the game as "their utility changed"? It's absurd. I do understand that everyone wants free stuff and bailouts for mistakes though, par for the course.
This discussion has been closed.