**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Removal of Thorns: a new case for rank down tickets

Comments

• Options
    KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    DefJ123 wrote: »
    I literally just took my double dupe 5* antman to r3 literally for the sole purpose of placing him on thorns. No other reason, so to the idiots saying other wise you're wrong.

I'll live with it if our Kabam over Lords decide no, but even a single rdt would be appreciated. Dont need a big dump of them like last time but 1 of 2 would be excellent.

2 is perfect. One for offense and one for defense. It really does nothing to hurt their bottomline while it makes us feel much better about these unavoidable changes.

Who are you wanting to rank down and who are you wanting to rank up?

I'd probably rank down Falcon since AV can cover my AW evasion avoidance and electro isn't going to wreck me if I run into him. Falcon was specifically for thorn paths. I'm sure many RTDs wouldn't go to champs affected by these changes, but it's not like all the 12.0 tickets went to SW and DS either. I'm just not seeing the downside to people who aren't bothered by the changes, other than you want people to be unhappy while you act superior for making better rank up choices.
  • Options
    The hard fact is that kabam is doing all they can to destroy their business model with this game. Whatever happened to them discussing changes with a beta team? We haven't heard anything about those if it even happens. Who would have thought these changes would be a good thing?

As for RDT, it is beyond obvious this is what their customers want. They aren't listening and their arguments suck. I'm not going to say that everyone will mass quit over this but I think we all know some alliances that are going to take big hours because people are tired of the cash grab. I myself am considering how involved I want to be at this point.

Furthermore, the fact that we have 120 comments on this thread and the moderators have been silent is astonishing. Not just this thread, but if you look in general discussion, it's like they're all on vacation. I've found this to be an issue since moving to this new forum

This game is definitely turning into a bad investment. I won't stop playing, but paying isn't looking attractive when they keep changing things for such obviou$ reason$. If you've tried talking about the cash grab stuff, then you'll see the moderators are very hard at work removing those threads and comments immediately. I'm glad this thread hasn't been closed down yet.

If they'd be more open about the process, then people would shut up and wait to see what happens. If there will be tons of degen nodes, then Antman and other long fight defenders could still be useful. Honestly, I wish they'd leave thorns alone since it wasn't that hard as long as people brought the right champ instead of trying to bull through it. You don't remove bleed nodes because people aren't smart enough to bring immunities, so why remove thorns because they don't bring defensive ability reducers? It required people to have different teams for different paths. If you want diversity, this is the wrong way to bring it about.

Also, Degen looks to be unavoidable damage leading to more health pots needed no matter what champ you bring, so removing thorns for more of these nodes was definitely not for our benefit.
  • Options
    Reading through a few discussions for the first time since this game is taking a turn downward and I'd like to see it stop happening. BUT I think @Run477 may just be a Kabam employee that likes to keep these threads balanced. And to argue with everyone due to his superiority complex..
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Between the 6 star announcement (which with CR has indeed "nerfed" all 4 stars in the game) and the changes to AW, it really is time for another round or RDTs.

You can argue (like @GroundedWisdom ) that the champs themsleves are not being changed, but you can NOT argue that those same champs will perform DIFFERENTLY in this "new" set up. This is the case for people calling it an "indirect" nerf.

The champs you use today in the game will no longer have the exact same ability once these changes are made. That's FACT. This is a perfect time for RDTs.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Reading through a few discussions for the first time since this game is taking a turn downward and I'd like to see it stop happening. BUT I think @Run477 may just be a Kabam employee that likes to keep these threads balanced. And to argue with everyone due to his superiority complex..

Lmao. That's funny. I actually think rank down tickets should not be allowed for r4 5* champs (and never thought they should have been). People took these champs up for whatever reason. I face a lot of alliances that "require" two r4 champs for prestige in aq--one alliance was requiring 3 by September. They aren't even shy about it--it's on their alliance pages. But, after these alliances shoot up in prestige for higher aq rewards and used those champs in war to get more 5* shards (and better 5* champs), they want to keep the rewards and want different r4 champs.

I understand that this is what they want, but it's not how the game was designed. I honestly don't know why kabam allowed rtds for 5* champs. The main nerfs weren't 5* champs at all. In fact, that would be the "best" argument for rtds which no one has really made. Kabam gave rtds when the game was fundamentally altered under 12.0 regardless of which champs were actually nerfed since the 5* champs weren't really nerfed at all (off the top of my head, only star lord was "nerfed," but it's been so long, I can't remember how big of a difference I saw). How is this change to alliance wars different? (I still would be opposed to rtds for r4 5* champs but at least I think this would be a slightly more appropriate apples to apples comparison). Maybe the answer is challenger rating and flat value was the nerf to champs? But that doesn't fundamentally alter them the way switch and Thor were fundamentally altered.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Those arguing against RDTs are not wrong on the letter of Kabam's policy regarding them. Whether these champs are reduced in use after this change, they are not directly changed, which is all the justification Kabam would need to deny RDTs, as the mentioned reasons for handing them out do not apply in case of changing a game mode.

What Kabam CAN do, is change the prerequisites for handing out RDTs to cover such indirect changes, as it is their policy to modify as they see fit. Whether they opt to do so is entirely up to them, or if they just give some out as a 'feel good' gesture.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    Between the 6 star announcement (which with CR has indeed "nerfed" all 4 stars in the game) and the changes to AW, it really is time for another round or RDTs.

You can argue (like @GroundedWisdom ) that the champs themsleves are not being changed, but you can NOT argue that those same champs will perform DIFFERENTLY in this "new" set up. This is the case for people calling it an "indirect" nerf.

The champs you use today in the game will no longer have the exact same ability once these changes are made. That's FACT. This is a perfect time for RDTs.

The Champs aren't performing differently at all. The Node is no longer there. The Champ still behaves the same as it always did. RDTs are not for changes to content. That's essentially saying that Ranking a Champ is not worth as much when that's Player opinion, and not the opinion of the game team. As I've said before, who you Rank and for what reason is up to you. The Champs aren't being changed, and that is what the RDTs are intended for. Fact.
  • Options

The Champs aren't performing differently at all. The Node is no longer there. The Champ still behaves the same as it always did. RDTs are not for changes to content. That's essentially saying that Ranking a Champ is not worth as much when that's Player opinion, and not the opinion of the game team. As I've said before, who you Rank and for what reason is up to you. The Champs aren't being changed, and that is what the RDTs are intended for. Fact.

100% agree with this analysis.

I would also make one more point. You have no clue whether these champs will serve a purpose in later content or in some event (minus ant man who just sucks--I'm sorry, but I still can't get past the number of people who ranked up an ant man for "thorns." Thorns is a damagin tile regardless of who you put there. Some are obviously better than others, but ranking up an ant man solely for thorns is just...yeah...I have beaten this horse to death). To just assume someone like black widow (who is a shell of her former self anyway) or Elektra will have no use on the new alliance war map is pure speculation. Just bc there isn't thorns, doesn't mean there won't be a different node that could benefit by an ability accuracy reduction champ. Lets say there is a stun immune node with increased abilities. U would want an ability reduction champ to tryto switch nightcrawler. You also don't know what 5.3 may bring. Granted a 4* champ against 6* champs may not be viable for other reasons, but it's also possible an ability reduction champ could be useful.
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    OKAYGang wrote: »
    I see both sides here. I feel your pain if you ranked specific champs to place on or deal with thorns. They are most likely useless now. On the other side of that coin those champs served their purpose, and helped you win wars and earn extra 5* shards that the losers didn't get and oh btw the avilabilty of t2a is supposed to increase as well now so you are in a good spot when that happens regardless. I am 50/50 on this. Would love to see a moderator statement or better yet something from the game team on why they would or would not consider the OP's original arguments valid.

All of the above said, I personally would love to see a small amount of rank down tickets issued for no particular reason but with no expiration date attached to them this time. The original batch felt rushed to me with all the incentive events running to encourage us to use them fast, not to mention they also had an expiration date. I would have loved to have been able to hold onto one or two for each star level to save forever as a failsafe for a future big mistake of ranking up a highly anticipated new champ that winds up being badly bugged or just complete garbage. (Think Phoenix when she was first released as a playable champ, it could happen again)

Phoenix gets too much guff. She's capable of some great Damage with 5+ Fury. 10, and you're golden.

I said she was really bad the first few months, not now. She has been fixed recently and is a bit better but who wants to rank up a new champ on day 1 when they are released then have to deal with them being bugged for months before engineering time can be put in by the game team to fix them? I value your opinion, but it would be best if going forward you read comments fully before you directly reply to them.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

I do not have the authority to "shoot down" a Thread. I do have the right to comment whether in support of the idea or not. Truth is that's not what they're for. Nothing about the Champs has been changed. The only instances where they would be brought back are major changes to the Champs themselves (nerfs), as stated by Mods. The situation does not apply. Just because people used them for Thorns and the Node is changing doesn't mean there is anything different about the Champs. Therefore, it does not negate Ranking them or warrant the necessity to change them. People can jump on that and imply I'm trying to play Mod, but that's what generally happens when someone expresses some facts and views that are not in sync with their own. I'm not stopping the discussion. Just pointing out that it's not what they are for. It seems like every change that comes, people want them.

Facts are different that Views. Stating a view or opinion as a fact is how missinformation gets spread.

You are interpreting your view about RDTs and stating it as fact.

Getting back to the OP. That is an interesting reason for having a Rank Down Ticket. I don't usually agree with RDTs but I think if Kabam took a look at this issue that would be appreciated. They should take an average of the champions on Thorns and see how that plays out with what the community is talking about.

This is similar to this hypothesis; What if Kabam changed it so AW Defenders were not affected the summoners Mastery.
    Would this many people rank up MD, or rank up Magic/Juggs/Dormamu/etc?

It is fact when it's based on repeated comments from the Mods regarding RDT's. The subject has been brought up many times, and that's their stance. My view is that it doesn't apply to what they're for.

Ahh thank your for clarifying your comments.

Fact, mods have stated that RDTs are only for when big nerds/changes happen to champions

You're view, is that this particular issue does not fall under said mod statements as related to RDTs. Other people have a different view than yours.

So until a mod comes in and says that this situation does not apply to RDT it looks like everyone is just brainstorming ideas. No one is right or wrong, so cooling your jets in your condescending know it all tone might be appreciated by the other folks in this thread. You know, to keep things civil.
    Fact, RDTs are specifically for champion changes not content changes, this has been addressed by mods in the past.

Fact, this issue is not a champion specific change.

Fact, the opening line in the OP is a misrepresentation of what has been said and people are basing their arguments and desires off of that falsehood.

Fact, people are grasping at straws in an effort to coax RDTs from Kabam.

Here is a moderator addressing this. /thread? Yeah right people are so desperate to exploit RDTs they'll do what ever mental gymnastics are required to argue for them.

Hiya Raa, there aren't any plans for releasing rank-down tickets for the release of 6-Stars. Rank-down tickets were initially given out because of changes that were made to specific Champs, but weren't intended to be given for changes that aren't made directly to specific Champions. The addition of 6-Star Champs in 2018 won't alter any Champions in players' rosters and these current rosters will continue to remain valuable. This is all a part of the natural progression of the Contest. Since the topic of rank-down tickets has been addressed before and our position hasn't changed, I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/93941#Comment_93941

You keep using that word "Fact", I'm not sure it means what you think it means.

Sincerely,
    Inigo Montoya
    Yes ignore every statement made by Kabam about RDTs so you can shape and deny reality to support tired internet memes, seems legit, no actually that's flat earth logic good luck with that.
  • Options
    I see both sides here. I feel your pain if you ranked specific champs to place on or deal with thorns. They are most likely useless now. On the other side of that coin those champs served their purpose, and helped you win wars and earn extra 5* shards that the losers didn't get and oh btw the avilabilty of t2a is supposed to increase as well now so you are in a good spot when that happens regardless. I am 50/50 on this. Would love to see a moderator statement or better yet something from the game team on why they would or would not consider the OP's original arguments valid.

All of the above said, I personally would love to see a small amount of rank down tickets issued for no particular reason but with no expiration date attached to them this time. The original batch felt rushed to me with all the incentive events running to encourage us to use them fast, not to mention they also had an expiration date. I would have loved to have been able to hold onto one or two for each star level to save forever as a failsafe for a future big mistake of ranking up a highly anticipated new champ that winds up being badly bugged or just complete garbage. (Think Phoenix when she was first released as a playable champ, it could happen again)

Phoenix gets too much guff. She's capable of some great Damage with 5+ Fury. 10, and you're golden.

I said she was really bad the first few months, not now. She has been fixed recently and is a bit better but who wants to rank up a new champ on day 1 when they are released then have to deal with them being bugged for months before engineering time can be put in by the game team to fix them? I value your opinion, but it would be best if going forward you read comments fully before you directly reply to them.

People have complained about the design of Phoenix. The Damage, building of Fury, etc. I'm not talking about bugs. That's not a design aspect. I read comments. You mentioned complete garbage. Bugs are not a reason to have Tickets either way.
  • Options

100% agree with this analysis.

I would also make one more point. You have no clue whether these champs will serve a purpose in later content or in some event (minus ant man who just sucks--I'm sorry, but I still can't get past the number of people who ranked up an ant man for "thorns." Thorns is a damagin tile regardless of who you put there. Some are obviously better than others, but ranking up an ant man solely for thorns is just...yeah...I have beaten this horse to death). To just assume someone like black widow (who is a shell of her former self anyway) or Elektra will have no use on the new alliance war map is pure speculation. Just bc there isn't thorns, doesn't mean there won't be a different node that could benefit by an ability accuracy reduction champ. Lets say there is a stun immune node with increased abilities. U would want an ability reduction champ to tryto switch nightcrawler. You also don't know what 5.3 may bring. Granted a 4* champ against 6* champs may not be viable for other reasons, but it's also possible an ability reduction champ could be useful.

That's precisely my point. Content will change. The Tickets are not for people to adjust their Roster with those changes because that's all based on who they prefer to use.
  • Options

People have complained about the design of Phoenix. The Damage, building of Fury, etc. I'm not talking about bugs. That's not a design aspect. I read comments. You mentioned complete garbage. Bugs are not a reason to have Tickets either way.

My Phoenix is r5 and sig 99 for one reason--prestige. But kabam, give me a rankdown ticket the moment she's not in my top 5 please! That will have changed my "use" for her and I should get those resources back for when...you finally have another good cosmic champ besides Hyperion.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    RDT's are for change to the Champ themselves. Not for the application of them. Nothing is being changed about the Champs.

I mostly agree but in some cases changes to the applications of certain champions could warrant RDTs. I personally feel no need to have rank down tickets but I can see the perspective of players who do. When will power was indirectly nerfed not scaling with inflated health people ranked down many champions because they were good only because of will power. The most glaring case was hulkbuster, pre 12.0 HB was a fantastic defender since will power made him take so little damage and with willpower nerfed he had no use as a defender any more so a many people used rdts to rank him down. Antman, luke cage, cyclops and colossus were mainly defender due to thorns nodes but now they are next to useless as defenders so even though the characters themselves weren't changed they might as well have been since one of their main uses were taken away.

The use of Champs in aspects like War is not the same as changing the actual performance of a Champ. Who people use in War is entirely up to them. They could have used SG on Thorns if they chose. Obviously not clever, but you get my point. The integrity of the Champ is not changed. Only an aspect of War that people most commonly used them on. It's not the same. It doesn't warrant RDT's. The Champs themselves have not been altered.

The integrity may not have changed, but the utility and in-game value of some champs certainly has. Starting in September, some champs will have less utility than they do this month. While the champ may not have changed, his or her usefulness has.

I'm not sure where I stand on the issue, but you should let a mod shoot it down and not feel obliged to do it yourself. Just my opinion.

I do not have the authority to "shoot down" a Thread. I do have the right to comment whether in support of the idea or not. Truth is that's not what they're for. Nothing about the Champs has been changed. The only instances where they would be brought back are major changes to the Champs themselves (nerfs), as stated by Mods. The situation does not apply. Just because people used them for Thorns and the Node is changing doesn't mean there is anything different about the Champs. Therefore, it does not negate Ranking them or warrant the necessity to change them. People can jump on that and imply I'm trying to play Mod, but that's what generally happens when someone expresses some facts and views that are not in sync with their own. I'm not stopping the discussion. Just pointing out that it's not what they are for. It seems like every change that comes, people want them.

Facts are different that Views. Stating a view or opinion as a fact is how missinformation gets spread.

Getting back to the OP. That is an interesting reason for having a Rank Down Ticket. I don't usually agree with RDTs but I think if Kabam took a look at this issue that would be appreciated. They should take an average of the champions on Thorns and see how that plays out with what the community is talking about.

This is similar to this hypothesis; What if Kabam changed it so AW Defenders were not affected the summoners Mastery.

It is fact when it's based on repeated comments from the Mods regarding RDT's. The subject has been brought up many times, and that's their stance. My view is that it doesn't apply to what they're for.

Fact, mods have stated that RDTs are only for when big nerds/changes happen to champions

You're view, is that this particular issue does not fall under said mod statements as related to RDTs. Other people have a different view than yours.

So until a mod comes in and says that this situation does not apply to RDT it looks like everyone is just brainstorming ideas. No one is right or wrong, so cooling your jets in your condescending know it all tone might be appreciated by the other folks in this thread. You know, to keep things civil.
    Fact, RDTs are specifically for champion changes not content changes, this has been addressed by mods in the past.

Fact, the opening line in the OP is a misrepresentation of what has been said and people are basing their arguments and desires off of that falsehood.

Here is a moderator addressing this. /thread? Yeah right people are so desperate to exploit RDTs they'll do what ever mental gymnastics are required to argue for them.

Hiya Raa, there aren't any plans for releasing rank-down tickets for the release of 6-Stars. Rank-down tickets were initially given out because of changes that were made to specific Champs, but weren't intended to be given for changes that aren't made directly to specific Champions. The addition of 6-Star Champs in 2018 won't alter any Champions in players' rosters and these current rosters will continue to remain valuable. This is all a part of the natural progression of the Contest. Since the topic of rank-down tickets has been addressed before and our position hasn't changed, I'm gonna go ahead and close this thread. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/93941#Comment_93941

Sincerely,
    Inigo Montoya
    Yes ignore every statement made by Kabam about RDTs so you can shape and deny reality to support tired internet memes, seems legit, no actually that's flat earth logic good luck with that.

Woah woah woah...Inigo Montoya is NOT a tired meme. He is a Legend from the 80s who will live in our hearts forever.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Honestly both sides have a point. While champs aren't being changed technically in reality many roster moves are made and decision made to satisfy uses of champs in certain content not because of the specific champs. In many cases the champs have multiple uses which still are relevant today. In others though all uses are now gone completely for the most part.

Antman is one who will be tonight to swallow for those that ranked him. He is still a pain depending on sig level on all or nothing but with those new boosts they nerfed that too as well. Really in this announcement there are a handful of champs that had like one or 2 good uses that literally have no use in game anymore at a higher level of play.

Luckily I don't have to worry since I don't have those champs ranked for that exact reason. But the request is valid to make and Kabam can go either way really for it. May make sense considering
  • Options

Sincerely,
    Inigo Montoya

Woah woah woah...Inigo Montoya is NOT a tired meme. He is a Legend from the 80s who will live in our hearts forever.

Now ^^^that^^^ is a "fact."
  • Options
    Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    I think you really need to see the nodes in the new aw before you can form a opinion on this subject
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Just give everyone two 5* and two 4* RDTs. They can use one on a defender and one on an attacker of each star level.
  • Options
    Just give everyone two 5* and two 4* RDTs. They can use one on a defender and one on an attacker of each star level.

No. That penalizes the players that didn't just rank up champs to have 5* r4 champs.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

No. That penalizes the players that didn't just rank up champs to have 5* r4 champs.

RDTs literally penalizes no player. Everyone would benefit from them. They may benefit some more than others, but no one is penalized.
  • Options

RDTs literally penalizes no player. Everyone would benefit from them. They may benefit some more than others, but no one is penalized.

That's inaccurate. The players who saved t2as bc they wanted to be careful about who to use them on but at the same time sacrificed prestige (and didn't join an alliance that mandated r4s to join) would suffer. It's a windfall for the players who have been using 5* r4 champs and now want a diffferwnt (better) 5* r4 but can't bc they already made their choice.
  • Options

I'm yet to see a good reason not to do this. People who argue against it just seem to want others to be unhappy regardless of how it will impact them. So what if they ranked up a crappy champ when they had no options and now they want to rank up a better one? How is that stopping you from doing what you want to do, especially when you'll get the option to do the same? Is the prestige issue really that serious for anyone but the one guy that keeps going on and on about it?

• Options

That's inaccurate. The players who saved t2as bc they wanted to be careful about who to use them on but at the same time sacrificed prestige (and didn't join an alliance that mandated r4s to join) would suffer. It's a windfall for the players who have been using 5* r4 champs and now want a diffferwnt (better) 5* r4 but can't bc they already made their choice.

Wrong. Like I said earlier, you're confusing a penalty with benefitting less than others. Everyone would benefit from RDTs. Some obviously more than others but no one would suffer from them, lol.
  • Options

Wrong. Like I said earlier, you're confusing a penalty with benefitting less than others. Everyone would benefit from RDTs. Some obviously more than others but no one would suffer from them, lol.

It's opportunity cost. It is a "penalty" in that sense.
  • Options

So it's better for the people that ranked up thorn champs to suffer than the people who waited to rank up the best champs? You still have your best champs, and this would do nothing to take them away from you. It would actually give you a way to replace some champs that may have been surpassed by newer champs, so it's a potential benefit. There is no potential loss for you, at all.

What is the source of your suffering? Is it really just that you didn't rank up Antman for thorns because you wanted a better champ, but you would have done so if you knew a RTD was coming? Please explain how this makes your gaming experience less enjoyable in any way, other than you can't feel smarter for waiting anymore.
  • Options
    Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited August 2017
    While these changes didn't affect champion abilities, they did alter there usefulness.

A similar situation might be if they added villainy to every node in AW (Will most likely never happen, but this is just an theoretical example), this would severely impact Magik, who is not a villain and would not be able to activate limbo or take benefit of MD. People who ranked her up for war defense would have to find another use for her since the changes didn't impact her abilities, just her usefulness.

I don't know if these changes warrant a Rank-down ticket, but it does suck for those who ranked up certain champs for thorns (Ant-Man, Collossus, Magneto, etc.) only to find out that the main use for these champs and reason for ranking them up would be gone soon.
  • Options
    Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    chunkyb wrote: »
    Love to see the crew of self appointed authorities show up to put down any discussions they don't like. They're really good at nuking these inconvenient threads.

Truth is, we don't know the full extent of the change in the game yet. Op makes a good and valid point but we're guessing about the new nodes. Wait until the update hits. Avoid these trolls as much as possible, because all they do is run your thread into the ground enough for a mod to close it down. Happens everyday.
    The irony. You realize that is exactly what you are doing by launching ad Homs and breaking forum rules with deragorty descriptions of people who hold an opposing view point to yours right? Your rhetoric is what shuts down threads, well that and the fact RDT threads have been beaten to death.

I like how you immediately thought it was about you but deny any such allegations
  • Options

It's opportunity cost. It is a "penalty" in that sense.

You're right. If you looking at the topic incorrectly your 'argument' makes sense.
  • Options

I'm yet to see a good reason not to do this. People who argue against it just seem to want others to be unhappy regardless of how it will impact them. So what if they ranked up a crappy champ when they had no options and now they want to rank up a better one? How is that stopping you from doing what you want to do, especially when you'll get the option to do the same? Is the prestige issue really that serious for anyone but the one guy that keeps going on and on about it?

Short answer, yes. How long have you played this game? Aq rewards are based on prestige. 5* r4 champs give the most prestige (as of now). You are making the decision to get more rewards now taking up those champs. Additionally, you win more wars by taking up those champs now (which is how you end up with the champs you would rather have).
  • Options

Short answer, yes. How long have you played this game? Aq rewards are based on prestige. 5* r4 champs give the most prestige (as of now). You are making the decision to get more rewards now taking up those champs. Additionally, you win more wars by taking up those champs now (which is how you end up with the champs you would rather have).

Sorry but I asked if it was an issue for anyone but you. It's clearly an issue for you. But if it's just you, then sorry but that makes it less valid.
This discussion has been closed.