**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nick Fury awakened

KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
Is he worth a generic 5* awakening gem?

Comments

• Owl_0wlOwl_0wl Posts: 210
    yes
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    yes on its own, heck yes if you have a lot of sig stones to pump in.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    Hi sig level is less meaningful than for a lot of champs. If you have tons of stones, then drop them in, but if not you will still have an amazing champ at sig 20. Save your generic stones for a champ that really needs them. In his second phase, Fury melts opponents. I have him at r4, sig 20, and he's just too much fun. He might be my next r5.
  • SheDroveMeHereSheDroveMeHere Posts: 139 ★★
    Sig only delays how fast he degens after losing the LMD, however even at sig 200 it degens very quickly. Just get good at fighting at 30%, and destroy everyone.
  • I used my awakening gem on him, and just r5 mine! Mate, no regrets whatsoever! He is just a completly different champ after coming back. As for the sig, its not really useful which makes it even more appealing (unless if for the PI argument people mentioned). The sig just makes the degen to the 30% health slower - I can't think in any specific scenarios where that's super useful - maybe allow you to take 1 extra hit in that period?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★

I used my awakening gem on him, and just r5 mine! Mate, no regrets whatsoever! He is just a completly different champ after coming back. As for the sig, its not really useful which makes it even more appealing (unless if for the PI argument people mentioned). The sig just makes the degen to the 30% health slower - I can't think in any specific scenarios where that's super useful - maybe allow you to take 1 extra hit in that period?

Basically they're right about the Sig level.

This is the AuntM.ai data:

You're going to lose 70% health; so that'll take 14 seconds at Sig1, and 31 seconds at max Sig.

It's a significant time difference; but the thing is: the more skilled you are, the less frequently you'll get hit; so the less benefit you have from a longer, drawn-out degeneration.

If you get hit a lot, getting hit during your degeneration phase just makes the phase shorter - you effectively don't actually suffer the damage (till it drops you below 30% health) since that damage was going to happen anyway as you degenerated.

So putting in 98 Sig stones isn't exactly pointless, but it's a lot less useful than putting the same 98 Sig stones into, say, Aegon.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    Careful though, Kabam has decided to overrule his signature ability recently by changing "Heal Block" to "Heal Prevention", preventing him from actually, you know, having a sig ability that both SAYS IT CANNOT BE PREVENTED AND DOESN'T MENTION REGENERATION OR HEALING ANYWHERE IN HIS PROFILE. And why should it, if you have a decoy then why would the actual character need to regenerate when they weren't actually taking damage?

It's a Nerf by node that was never communicated to players before going live and one that still has no justification in fact.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/162233/aq-thanos-heal-prevention-whats-this-garbage/p1
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    Thanks for the comments guys 👍🏽
  • @Magrailothos thanks bud. Does make sense. 15s in a game does make a difference. But yes, assuming all things equal and on a mcoc nirvana where you never get hit - it’s might be less useless.

After a proper thought, I could actually think in a use case where that degen time has helped me a bit and would help even more if longer. When you want to build up to “unblockable” and you messed up with tactical charges, and, taking a few punches on the face on purpose without compromising those 30% are useful ;) cheers