**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please fix Night crawler

Without any doubt the single most OP, frustrating and annoying thing about this game is fighting this son of a **** of a character.

Every time you fight anyone else your results will say something like: hits on opponent. 50,. Hits received. 8. No matter who it is, unless you are unlucky and you get kabam's famous insta heavy, blocking specials beauties.

A couple of times now I have fought this ridiculous character and seen figures like 8/28 or 15/38.

His evade is ludicrous, every time you fight him in any stage of the game he insta heavies and blocks specials.

I understand his skillset and why he does this, but making a character that is impossible to see, very hard to hit and can hit you far more than anyone else in the game, even end of act bosses needs to be fixed. He perenially hits while evading, blocks just about everything and it seems blind luck to get a combo on him.

Fighting him is not fun, you got the evade right with Spidey characters, annoying yes and OTT at times, but it results in a different style of fight, a more observant one and careful. This awful character you can't even do that.

Because right now, this character is a real blight in the game.

Comments

• Captain_MaimCaptain_Maim Posts: 335
    I don't find him difficult. Just hit 3 times and block or evade. Don't go for hit 4 or 5
  • When you can see him for a haze of dust fair enough! I can't pay a glove in the guy!
    You just have to get the initial parry. Failing that play the evade game better than him. Until you can land a first hit or parry, then 3 hit combo, rinse and repeat.
    I find what is annoying about him is I can never get his deep wounds to proc. It just seems to be there in his profile to taunt me. He probably needs a bug fix or a buff. Lol.
  • I have not got evade in all characters so that is not possible. If I could ever really see him parry might work! It does at times, but simply out fighting him is for me an exercise in futility! And damage!

He should not be harder than Kang for god's sake, and right now especially in awakened form,he is. And that's just silly.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited August 2017
    I find what is annoying about him is I can never get his deep wounds to proc. It just seems to be there in his profile to taunt me. He probably needs a bug fix or a buff. Lol.

It procs all the time for me, but I have him at sig50.

I love it - he's a great attacker. He's one of those little gems that people only find put about if they use him - like Mordos fury.

Downside is that everyone only wants him for defence. I got booted from an alliance once because I kept on taking him to AQ.
  • For experienced players Night Crawler is a very easy fight. Switch him to swashbuckling mode, only hit him when he is stunned, intercept, bait his heavy, etc... However, for newer players NC is definetly a nightmare because they haven't developed the skills or knowdelge on how to fight him. Alliance Wars are especially problematic since a 5 hit combo is essentially half your health if not more. Although I agree NC can be frustrating on occasion, more often than not people are approaching the challenge completely wrong.

To any player struggling with NC, I would highly suggest using a 2 or 3 star champ and fighting a 5 star or 5/50 version of NC. Practice on making him switch modes, know when and when you cannot attack him, and learn his animations. Eventually NC will be a relatively easy fight, but don't expect that to happen magically.

When you reach high enough tiers in AW, NC will be a welcome relief compared to all the mystic dispersion defenders.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Nightcrawler is very easy to fight, in top tier AWs fighting nightcrawler is a relief, switching is stance is very easy and even if you can't switch him doing a M-L-L-L combo will allow you to react to his evade before he hits you . NC war bosses nowadays get only 1 or 2 kills if not any
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Yeah, just parry and 3 hits, rinse and repeat.

If stun immune do the same but block instead of parry, just dont to for long combos
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    NC is ok I guess, over time people learn how to fight him because they face him so many times in war, just like me. Last time, I used to dread NCs and I'd get all 3 of my champs KO. Now,I can finish him off in 1 fight with like..5-10% health loss due to blocking, that's much better than all 3 of my champs dead.

There's essentially 3 ways to counter him:

1) Switching him to swashbuckling. If you are frustrated just seeing this solution get constantly repeated from time to time, it's understandable. You literally have to chain 3-4 hits (depending if duped or not) while he is blocking to change his mode. Yea sure he is easy if the first time you do it he doesn't evade, but what if he always evades due to crappy RNG? This is not a reliable way to counter him, I don't recommend it simply because you could die trying to chain the hits, only for him to evade and you react too slowly.

2) Deal with Neyaphem. This one's sort of more reliable if you follow DDD's ninja evade vid strategy. Attack slowly, always be ready to block after every hit, and do not end your combos (so go with 3-hitters). This is how I fight unduped NCs (and duped, but sometimes, I will try method 1) and it works really well. Just gotta have quick reflexes and don't spam your attacks.

3) Reduce/remove evade chance. By far the easiest way to counter him is using champs that either reduce or completely negate his evade chance. By doing so, you can do method 1 a bit easier. Unfortunately, most champs that do this are the skill class (BW, Falcon, Crossbones, etc.) so getting hit would be very consequential. By far the best champion to fight NC is Iceman, since he is bleed immune and coldsnap removes evade chance.
  • I do not do wars so am only dealing with an ever lesser version, in simple gameplay.

I simply find it impossible to lay a glove on him at times, you top guys are simply adapting as you do with things like bait, and parry a d evade.

For normal people who never get to play in the places you play, this is not an option.
  • If you're not doing wars and just facing him in quests he's much easier (except maybe rttl chapter 4)

All the advice given here is solid. If you're having trouble with a specific champ then you need to practice- find someone with that champ and duel them.
  • Not easy now, bugs in game pissed me off so much I threw my tablet down and it blew the screen out.

So game over
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,349 ★★★★★

There is no debuff marker - just damage.

It does proc constantly, but it's kind of like Guillotine's healing - you have to really watch for it, as it's there and gone in a moment. Just stare just behind the opponent waiting for a second damage to appear after you've hit with him.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,349 ★★★★★
    To be honest, the Deep Wounds is a bit off; as it's instant (thereby Tenacity and Willpower-avoiding) damage classed as Bleed (thereby avoiding armour and PR.

However, I've fought NC Vs both Cable and Abomination; and the Deep Wounds doesn't proc either Poison or Degeneration (which should proceed 100% with all Bleeds). That really should change - it's not like NC need more advantages!
  • Without any doubt the single most OP, frustrating and annoying thing about this game is fighting this son of a **** of a character.

Every time you fight anyone else your results will say something like: hits on opponent. 50,. Hits received. 8. No matter who it is, unless you are unlucky and you get kabam's famous insta heavy, blocking specials beauties.

A couple of times now I have fought this ridiculous character and seen figures like 8/28 or 15/38.

His evade is ludicrous, every time you fight him in any stage of the game he insta heavies and blocks specials.

I understand his skillset and why he does this, but making a character that is impossible to see, very hard to hit and can hit you far more than anyone else in the game, even end of act bosses needs to be fixed. He perenially hits while evading, blocks just about everything and it seems blind luck to get a combo on him.

Fighting him is not fun, you got the evade right with Spidey characters, annoying yes and OTT at times, but it results in a different style of fight, a more observant one and careful. This awful character you can't even do that.

I agree I hate him
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    I have not got evade in all characters so that is not possible. If I could ever really see him parry might work! It does at times, but simply out fighting him is for me an exercise in futility! And damage!

He should not be harder than Kang for god's sake, and right now especially in awakened form,he is. And that's just silly.

You are just not playing against him properly, first off kang is one of the easiest champions to fight in this gam especially after all the practice people got on him as an AQ boss. If you are having trouble fighting him you have to switch up your play style. Opponents can't evade when they are stunned except mordo so you can use the strategy of playing slowly parry him and only attack him when he is stunned. The next tactic is to use M-L-L-L combos, the only time he can evade and hit you before you can respond if you have good reflexes is if you hit him with your last medium. If he evades dash back right away and don't keep hitting into him. I practice against NC all the time I used a 2 star vision to duel one on leader boards and got him down in over 100 hits and didn't get hit once. Once you get the hang of fighting him he is annoying but quite easy.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Hes not hard to fight, but right not hes got alot of bugs... They said a fix wont be till 15.1.. So in aw just be prepared to spend spend ... Oh Kabam we love ye buggy content that never gets fixed, and when theres a bug that benefits players you fix in 1 day and issue ban.. We love Kabam, in Kabam r@p3 we trust.
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    I am certainly not an expert player but I have figured out a way to fight him that (usually) works for me.

I started by just trying to slow my attacks down to be ready to block/parry and I noticed that, quite by accident, I was often catching him right on his instastrike following his evade. You will take some hits fighting him this way so I also usually try to fight him with a bleed immune guy. Mastering the techniques listed above in posts by better players than I am is the better long term option, of course, but if you're an intermediate player like me who doesn't take things extraordinarily seriously it could work for you. It takes a little practice to get the timing on it right and it doesn't work every fight against him, but I no longer dread seeing him pop up as an opponent.

It works on spiderpeople too.
  • AURELIUSAURELIUS Posts: 121
    Cryomacer wrote: »
    Without any doubt the single most OP, frustrating and annoying thing about this game is fighting this son of a **** of a character.

I agree I hate him

The reason y'all hate him is inexperience to fighting him Try my Nightcrawler IGN Toxic Aurelius it's fairly easy due to me not having 100% Mastery build