**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Masteries and/or Champ adjustments with AW Changes?

Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
With one of the biggest changes to the AW being the removal of the champs class being hidden from you, does this mean the Class Detect masteries are useless? Do they serve a purpose anywhere else in the game?

If the answer is, yes they are useless. Does that mean we will see new masteries coming out in 15.0? I would imagine this would be the best time to release new ones or update old ones. I haven't seen a comment from a mod saying anything about masteries with the AW changes, aside from they will take a persons question about the detect masteries to the game team.

Should we all hold off on unlocking or changing our mastery setups until 15.0? If there are new masteries or an update to old ones coming to 15.0 I would hate to spend a ton of units for something that might end up not working the same or have more options than I do now.

What should happen to those who spent units on class detect masteries, that could very well be useless?

Another change is the removal of Thorns, does this mean those champs that were used by top alliances to defend thorns will get some sort of adjustment or buff? Some people took 5* Ant-Man to 4/55, a careless move perhaps, or would it be worth it if he could be a better attacker without taking away his glancing ability?

There are also those who countered Thorns, will they get an adjustment of some kind? Much to think about and discuss, hopefully we get some official hints or comments. What do you all think about all of this?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    The team is currently investigating what can it be done with the Class Detect masteries.
    Changing champions doesn't make sense just because AW will change.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The team is currently investigating what can it be done with the Class Detect masteries.

Isn't that a problem though? They should of had an answer ready for the class detect masteries. I guess changing champs because of the AW changes doesn't make all that much sense but well some, if not a lot of stuff that happens in this game doesn't make sense and is working as intended.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378

of course changing champions makes sense because AW will change. Some champs were ranked ONLY because of AW.
    edited August 2017
    As Kabam themselves say, not all champs are good for all aspects of the game, or all game modes. However it's been said that's the jist of it. So for some people, some champs were only ever good or useful for the AW.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    unknown wrote: »

of course changing champions makes sense because AW will change. Some champs were ranked ONLY because of AW.

Well, yeh. But how do you expect Kabam to identify all champs that were used in Thords node and buff them just for this reason?
    They can't
    unknown wrote: »

Well, yeh. But how do you expect Kabam to identify all champs that were used in Thords node and buff them just for this reason?
    They can't

They could just look at the champs they created that would be most useful for Thorns, those who defended it and those who countered it. I beleive it was a mod in the old forum that said Supr, Iron Man was still a good option to defend thorns. Now the game has come a long way since then but they know what purpose the champs they create will serve.

They also claimed to play the game, so they could be in any of our alliances. They are among us and they know what people do. They could easily figure out who to buff when it comes to those who attacked and defended Thorns.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    People would be so pissed if they only did RDTs for a handful of champs. I understand the thinking but not everyone is in the same place with the same roster. Some will have ranked Mags or Hulkbuster where Cyclops would probably be more ideal. Then there's the offensive counter....the list could get long.
  • I think it is a case for some generic rank down tickets seeing major changes to war fundamentally change the nature of champs to use.

We won't get them, of course, but it's as good a reason to issue them as any.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Class detect mastery existed prior to war and still give benefit outside of war. Enjoy the extra mastery points if you only used them in war, you benefited from them to more than enough make up for their cost already and can benefit from them in the future.

Changes in a champions usefullness happen with the changing seasons of every AQ and addition of new content, if people didn't account for that when making huge rank up decisions with end game materials well sucks to be them wasting end game materials on single use pigeonholed champions. There is no way prestige and rosters should be now allowed a mulligan because people made poor decisions. Back during 12.0 and the RDTs the devs came out and said AW was due for a shake up, players were informed that the status quo would not remain.

Changes will and do happen if people do not account for that when making critical decisions and will be stuck with they failed at strategy, Kabam should not be in the business of coddling players.
  • Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    Its an insult to anyone who ranked champions to perform well in any single aspect of the game, if we do not get rank down tickets.

Will we get it? No. Doesn't make them any money.

How dare you (the players) rank people for a specific function, when we can just take it away and leave you hanging!

Bought sunglasses!! Huzzah, rainclouds!
    Snowboard! You're not a desert!

etc etc

Well there are many threads about rank down tickets. I was thinking an alternative would be to give the Thorns champs a buff or adjustment so they could be useful after the AW changes in the AW or in questing.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Class detect mastery existed prior to war and still give benefit outside of war. Enjoy the extra mastery points if you only used them in war, you benefited from them to more than enough make up for their cost already and can benefit from them in the future.

I agree with it this to a certain point. I know several that have unlocked the mastery though only when AW began to hide everything about the opponent in most of the content.

I can understand them not refunding it if you unlocked the mastery more then 3 - 6 months a go, but I'm willing to bet that anyone that unlocked it the last few months only did so because of AW.

But I'll try and be fair here and would suggest that anyone that unlocked it between 2 and 3 months a go should have the costs at least partially refunded, and if you unlocked them in the last month fully refunded.
    edited August 2017
    The features they create are released at different times, but 2 or 3 different features could be created for eachother. Detect Masteries and AW for instance.

Yes they may have released the detect masteries before the AW, but who's to say they didn't just release it early for us to test so it would be ready for the AW?

As for the champs they create, they know where those champs will most useful or how many modes they will be best for. It's up to us to figure out where each champ is best suited for. It could be a generic defender for AW or a specific champ for a specific node to attack or defend. It could be a great attacker for the entire game or just someone for the arena.