**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should rank downs be handed out in light of 15.0 and the new aw announcement?

2»

Comments

• Options
    No
    There will not be any changes made to champions so no need for RDT, everyone moaning about this needs to suck it up and accept that if you ranked up a champion to utilise a node in AW then its your own fault
  • Options
    wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    No
    these RDT threads are annoying

I agree, I wish I can block whole topics of discussions like how we can block people on here
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    No
    No, because this does not meet the requirements that they set forth for the distribution of RDTs. AM and others may still have use as Defenders on the new maps, which we have not seen yet, and while you may have ranked up just for that purpose, that was your call. If they were removing War completely, then you would have a much stronger case as that would be a massive change in the game. Modifying War to have a new map without a few nodes is not. Would I like some RDTs? Yes. Could they decide to change their own rules, and offer some? Yes. But they are under no obligation to do it, and have very little reason to do so. Especially since if they do it now, they will be pressured to do it every single time they change anything that may cause a champion to maybe not be used as much by some people.
  • Options
    Bonze9Bonze9 Posts: 73
    Yes
    MoiraD wrote: »
    Bonze9 wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    By introducing the 6s, they are going to nerf the WHOLE 4s CLASS in the game, so hell yes! Maybe you still have to realize how the game will change and how useless a 4s will be against new 6s. Because hey, in case you didn't think about it yet, they are not introducing 6s only as playable character but you will also have to face them! And it will be like playing with a 3s against a 5s! And so, what about every T4CC catalyst spent for out 4s R5?

WAKE UP!

Yep and what about every 3 star we ranked up before 4 stars came out?
    You're argument is voided please try again.

Come on son! Get outta here with that jibber jabber!

I've been playing this game from the beginning please tell me, at what point were there no 4*s....

On another note most of the people in this thread have voiced there opinions in very respectable manners. Others not so much. Stop being tools and either contribute wisely or keep it to yourself. Someone said I was only hurting my cause. Okay maybe. But what hurts my and others causes is people being rude on threads like this and destroying any credibility for EITHER side. So like I asked in my op please let's keep it professional guys! Thanks again for weighing in! No matter what side of the fence you are on!

That was meant to be taken as all the mats we used to rank up 3 stars before we got 4 stars. When I started playing this game 4 stars were not handed out like candy like they are now.

Sure my post was not as church friendly as others have been, but just because someone is on the rude side does not mean they are wrong. Go back through the hundreds of pages in this forum and see if your RDT answer is there.

And I still stand by my opinion that Kabam should never have introduced RDT's and I think they ruin an aspect of the game.

By no means was I referring to your post being the rude one. Just came off pretty incorrect. Hence the separation between my response to you and the body of that message. My apologies if it seemed like I was directing that at you.
  • Options
    Bonze9Bonze9 Posts: 73
    Yes
    Also as I have said no matter what side of the fence you are on your decisions are worthy. Not many people have posted in this thread without just cause to the side they stand on. Hell I vote yes and stand by my decision, yet agree to many of the points people have presented.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    No
    No because there is a compromise that Kabam has probably been discussing.

No rank down tickets but the champs that were specifically ranked for a specific node in the AW and served no other purpose but to defend that node, should be buffed and be pushed up a tier or two.

So whatever tier Ant-Man is in should be buffed up one or two tiers. This would give him more uses in the game. I guess they would do this by how much they buff him. Maybe he uses his suit to shrink down (the way he does to have hits glance off him) and instead of decreasing damage recieved it would be increasing damage given. Maybe then he could be an attacker.
  • Options
    fabi0200fabi0200 Posts: 32
    Yes
    Now than they are going to change AW node and else... He might be the greater thing they can do to allow us to be able to switch some heroes around by offering us a limited amount of ranked down tickets or even earn them in some kind of even ( sure not...not have a great team to propose new even no creativity at all...)or even why not be able to buy them since they want us to spend more money ......so i vote YES ....
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    No
    ViperKingV wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    RDT can't be offered in this scenario since it doesn't nerf or change a specific champ or class.
    The team will not randomly choose some champ and give random RDT to that champ, since next time they are offered they will be specific
    As they've already said, they've explained their position on RDTs. I have to agree that it doesn't warrant RDTs because no Champs are being altered.

First to EXtripa69. Are you speaking in an official capacity? When you say "RDT can't be offered...". I'll agree they won't be offered until another player boycott is organized to force Kabam to offer RDTs to help players adjust to Kabams monthly game mechanics changes that continue to affect champ power balances and their relevance to current game content.

To Grounded Wisdom, of course you agree. You're very consistent. I would like the Mods to keep on explaining and defending their position on RDTs. We don't need players defending The game, or moderators positions. RDTs aren't going to be offered, but there are legit reasons to demand them. Why not let Kabam Mods either respond to or ignore these threads. We know your opinion.

Deleated
  • Options
    Yes
    By introducing the 6s, they are going to nerf the WHOLE 4s CLASS in the game, so hell yes! Maybe you still have to realize how the game will change and how useless a 4s will be against new 6s. Because hey, in case you didn't think about it yet, they are not introducing 6s only as playable character but you will also have to face them! And it will be like playing with a 3s against a 5s! And so, what about every T4CC catalyst spent for out 4s R5?

WAKE UP!

Yep and what about every 3 star we ranked up before 4 stars came out?
    You're argument is voided please try again.

Come on son! Get outta here with that jibber jabber!

4* were always in the game that makes no sense
  • Options
    Yes
    I don't think that removing certain nodes requires rank down tickets at all, because we have no idea what the new nodes will be, so maybe ant man will be good for a new node... but if you're ranking up an ant man for the sole purpose of one node, then that's your fault and ant man sucks and there are way better champs for anything he can do. But I voted yes because I love rank down tickets and I don't see a reason to not want them, and if you disagree, I completely respect that.
  • Options
    Katy_CandyKaty_Candy Posts: 175
    No
    Asking for RDTs before we even see the map seems like jumping the gun.
  • Options
    PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    No
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    RDT can't be offered in this scenario since it doesn't nerf or change a specific champ or class.
    The team will not randomly choose some champ and give random RDT to that champ, since next time they are offered they will be specific

What he said. This keeps coming up but ranking up is your choice and they haven't changed the champ just a small aspect of a part of the content. Just as they didn't compensate when they introduced more and more challenging now, so why oh why can't you guys just accept what you have chosen to do and move on?
  • Options
    PlasmaKingPlasmaKing Posts: 105
    No

WAKE UP!

Been saying this since announcement, CR will make every 4* equal to a 3* as now against a 5* the second 6* appear in content many seem to miss this. However I don't agree with rank up or down tickets in this instance it's not the same as the stunt they pulled on v12.
  • Options
    ViperKingVViperKingV Posts: 111
    Yes
    I this is the Player portion of the forum. All players should feel comfortable exchanging information and opinions as they relate to a given thread. I would say there is no chance that Kabam will issue RDTs. (But I hope they do). Kabam,as far as I know, has never committed to issuing more RDTs for any reason. The RDTs included in the 12.0 compensation pkg were not tied to specific champion Changes. They were given in reaction to a significant portion of the player base abstaining from unit purchases and publicly criticizing the way the update was handled by Kabam.
    The updates that followed 12.0 have definitely affected the usefulness of specific champions in key aspects of game play. And the Pending AW changes will significantly alter the usefulness of specific champs in AW. But unless players force Kabam to address these issues, there will be no RDTs.
  • Options
    Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    No
    I'll gladly take some, they were great for "exploiting" the Level Up and SA events.
  • Options
    PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    I'm one of those people who sees both sides of the issue. If RDTs are issued, people won't use them to rank down champs that were actually affected, and instead undo regretful rank ups. That's the problem with releasing RDTs.

However, there are many people who have ranked up champs because of certain nodes, whether offensively or defensively. Let's say that someone had to choose someone to rank up for War Offense: Colossus or Black Panther (Civil War). Both of these champs can be used in different ways. Black Panther has good Armor and a nice damage output through Reflective Armor. That makes him better than Colossus. But if the user already had a high damage champ, they don't really need Black Panther. They could go with Colossus, since his Bleed Immunity allows him to take on the nodes that drain all of your health through Bleed damage. But with this update, and the reduction of Linked Nodes (which is where this node usually come from), this decision may cost the user.

Now, this may not be the best example, but you get the idea. Many champs that aren't normally good can have their best abilities exacerbated in a way that makes them above average. If that node becomes less common (whether by the lessening of Linked Nodes, or if the champ was ranked up solely because of their usefulness on Thorns nodes), the rank up was counterproductive. For this reason, I believe that RDTs should be issued, even if only in small portions.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    No
    Rank down tickets aren't for a node change there for champ changes just like we don't get rank down tickets for the champs we ranked to combat the event quest changing everymonth just like we didnt grt them for the new aq season we wont get them here for a node changing
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Yes
    YEEEEEES!!!!!

Jeez people literally ranked up SCORES of champions for specific nodes! My KG on thorns gets TONS of kills thanks to his MASSIVE regen. Not to mention slashed tires Juggs or UC or even anyone with a decent L1/2 shreds exploration
  • Options
    No
    I'll gladly take some, they were great for "exploiting" the Level Up and SA events.

I think I used every 5 star RDT on my R4 Magik over and over again. Especially because her PI was like 10k right after 12.0. Totally broken but tons of rewards
  • Options
    username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    edited August 2017
    Yes
    Yes,.... & rank UP tickets.

Taking a 4 * of my choosing, to a 5*,
    Would make up for a lot.
    (With NO expiration date!)