**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who should I take to rank four?

Wall_breaker_99Wall_breaker_99 Posts: 30
edited August 2017 in Strategy and Tips
Which four star would be a bigger bang for my buck to rank up to rank four?

Who should I take to rank four? 48 votes

Duped yellow jacket
91%
GroundedWisdomwinterthurMasterSmokeNevvBRagamugginGunnerNoob_2yrsHarcourtmazeAEG93King_Cobra735HyperduckzSaiyanYellsomeCap253vg2782SlyCat42DefJ123JaylinbeaupoemTonyStarkHeroBoltsy 44 votes
Unduped Luke Cage
8%
MillybearSuperman69SuskanutShadow_roast 4 votes

Comments

• Shadow_roastShadow_roast Posts: 399
    Unduped Luke Cage
    Dude, absolutely r4 LC, he's one of the god tier champs in the game rn, were u even thinking about taking someone else to r4??! -_-
  • Hey there! In order to make sure that this thread is found and people can discuss this, I've moved the thread to our Strategy and Tips section.
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    YJ is an excellent attacker and a very good defender. He is no CA WW2 but he is near the top of the science class. (I prefer him over quake because he is easier to use).

Like Cage is terrible at every single aspect of the game. He is bleed immune, but his wet noodle attacks will make you wish he would have bled to death and you could substitute a decent champion in his place.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Duped yellow jacket
    The real question is why did u take luke cage to rank 3?

I always take my 4*'s to at least R3. Some before others, but that's mostly based on my preference. Lol.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Duped yellow jacket
    Yellow Jacket's power sting is a game changer.
    Duped yellow jacket
    Dude, absolutely r4 LC, he's one of the god tier champs in the game rn, were u even thinking about taking someone else to r4??! -_-

There was a post of a Summoner using this champ to great effect in AQ but I can't remember where that post was and how it is done.

Rather than to just say the champ is God-tier it would be helpful to describe how to use Luke Cage effectively so that everyone can learn something new.
    edited August 2017
    Duped yellow jacket
    winterthur wrote: »

There was a post of a Summoner using this champ to great effect in AQ but I can't remember where that post was and how it is done.

Rather than to just say the champ is God-tier it would be helpful to describe how to use Luke Cage effectively so that everyone can learn something new.

I believe that was sarcasm. Lol.
  • TheMageHunterTheMageHunter Posts: 711 ★★
    Duped yellow jacket
    Phantom wrote: »
    While we're here, I don't know whether I should rank up my unduped Spidergwen or my duped Star Lord. Any suggestions?

Spidergwen obviously
    Duped yellow jacket

Signature Ability - Tough it Out
    The first time Luke Cage is struck during a fight, his bullet-proof skin allows him to become Indestructible and ignore all incoming damage for (1.5 - 3.5) seconds.
    This effect makes him completely immune to damage for the duration, even from damage over time effects like Poison and Shock.
    This effect will also protect Luke Cage from a Special 3 attack if it’s the first attack he receives during the fight.

Well, a skilled player can even take a special 3 with no damage. Isn't that something unless there is a nerf?

Duped yellow jacket
    winterthur wrote: »

Signature Ability - Tough it Out
    The first time Luke Cage is struck during a fight, his bullet-proof skin allows him to become Indestructible and ignore all incoming damage for (1.5 - 3.5) seconds.
    This effect makes him completely immune to damage for the duration, even from damage over time effects like Poison and Shock.
    This effect will also protect Luke Cage from a Special 3 attack if it’s the first attack he receives during the fight.

Well, a skilled player can even take a special 3 with no damage. Isn't that something unless there is a nerf?

Oh, I don't mind LC. I'm just pointing out that the comment about him being OP was sarcasm. ;) He has his uses in my mind. Not many share that same mind, though.
  • Bullfighter77Bullfighter77 Posts: 68
    While we're here, I don't know whether I should rank up my unduped Spidergwen or my duped Star Lord. Any suggestions?

Star lord
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    Duped yellow jacket

Star lord

are u insane bud?Luke cage physical resistance is so much better than starlord combo dmg increase!Right guys?
    Duped yellow jacket
    I suspect Luke Cage can survive the enrage timer.
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Unduped Luke Cage
    Rank 5 Luke because of the following reasons :
    1) Class advantage over the most common defender class - Mystic. And own that Magik / dormammu etc

2) That sweet sweet sig which allows you to take even a s3 and you take 0 damage (provided you don't get hit earlier)

3) Sig combined with his amazing damage output makes him a very good choice for boss killing, AQ or AW. Even LoL if you have a 5* at r4.

4) The exhaustion he procs on enemies exhausts them SO much that they aren't able to move until they last. Such a useful ability.

5) That insanely long stun on specials.

6) Them big-ass muscles.

7) Boy got swag. #Yolo

rg1bdf93lb73.jpg
  • PhantomPhantom Posts: 228
    Duped yellow jacket

Spidergwen obviously

Thanks. I'll give it a go.
    Duped yellow jacket
    In all seriousness, Yellowjacket is a very good Champ when duplicated. You can lock any champ in a lose-lose situation as long as you keep them below SP3. Baiting is slightly more difficult since the AI doesn't want to take damage, but it's much more rewarding as well. Luke Cage is horrible. He's below average when duplicated, but when he's not duped, he's a bad version of Colossus, which is not impressive whatsoever.
  • Nitro23Nitro23 Posts: 29
    Duped yellow jacket

Star Lord, Spidergwen is just awful
    Duped yellow jacket

Spidergwen obviously

Just why? Just why? Spider Gwen is SOOO bad
    Duped yellow jacket
    Nitro23 wrote: »

Spidergwen obviously

Sarcasm: You know you've done well when someone thinks you're being serious.
    Duped yellow jacket

Spidergwen obviously

Sarcasm: You know you've done well when someone thinks you're being serious.

Well, I play Fallout 4 and once you finish it, you become a master of sarcasm.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Duped yellow jacket

Spidergwen obviously

I beg to differ. While she might not be a god, or anything close to that, she's still pretty good. A lot of the hate comes from her SP1 not doing any damage, but it gives some solid buffs for a good amount of time, and her SP2 can devastate with that stun.
    edited August 2017
    Duped yellow jacket
    HeroBoltsy wrote: »

Spidergwen obviously

I beg to differ. While she might not be a god, or anything close to that, she's still pretty good. A lot of the hate comes from her SP1 not doing any damage, but it gives some solid buffs for a good amount of time, and her SP2 can devastate with that stun.

If you think stun makes up for her sucking in every single other area of the game, then you should've voted for Luke Cage. He's got stun possibility on every single special move.

Anyway, were getting off-topic, so I'll just yell Yellowjacket and hopefully not get in trouble.

YELLOWJACKET!
  • Duped yellow jacket
    Is this even a question??? It would be stupid to do luke cage lmao.
    Duped yellow jacket
    Is this even a question??? It would be stupid to do luke cage lmao.

It actually is a question. Look, there's a question mark:
    Which four star would be a bigger bang for my buck to rank up to rank four?

• SuskanutSuskanut Posts: 113
    Unduped Luke Cage
    Why is this discussion even here... it's obvious