**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Who reads the cutscenes?

I’m a sucker for bad action movies and corny story lines. I’m one of those people who reads the cutscenes even tho my boosts have 2 min left. Who else does this? (Story quest/eq)

Who reads the cutscenes? 127 votes

Yea, even tho the timer on my boosts are running out
46%
Clobberin_TimeWhododo872Mr_PlatypusMegaSkater67AxeCopFireDrenlinPrimmer79Sundance_2099kfd2010LightvayneMhd20034NickRiversG0311FR33_HUG5Duke_SilverLiss_Bliss_Riggs_97Panchulon21ThesurvivlistTaZ_4178 59 votes
No reading sucks SKIP
50%
Timone147Spity68StewmanPiviotChovnerMaverick75Cmbk96Bpn88855igotgame1075LibralonixLvernon15LilMaddogHTAKTEKSlashingSunsetHendrossCassyOnmixDonnymeijCupidNoOnexRO 64 votes
Can’t afford to on my legends run
3%
StarLord110896Denzel116LordNeoRulllor 4 votes

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Due to biased answers in poll, I won't answer there.
    I do it on first and second run through (plus explore) of the quest itself, just for first time story, and then remind myself what happened in the second run-through. After that I skip it. Kinda wish there was a way to view cutscenes again after their relevant EQ has ended in game. Future Pormetheus for one. Or perhaps a side on the forums where you can see the previous ones in game.
    Legend is a impossibility for me, due to my device. And its only a showoff title, and doesn't provide anything useful besides flair.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    No reading sucks SKIP
    I wait for ilac’s videos to go through the story, I just try to get through as fast as possible with Corvus
  • StingerbkStingerbk Posts: 160 ★★
    On first run I read through and get the story, I don't boost for UC, and I don't try to even attempt legends run
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    But I’m not running boosts
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

. Kinda wish there was a way to view cutscenes again after their relevant EQ has ended in game. Future Pormetheus for one. Or perhaps a side on the forums where you can see the previous ones in game.

There is. In game, go to home, click the gear icon in the top left corner, then go to cutscenes. All the story ones are there, however the cutscenes for the eqs are only there for one month.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    But without the boosts.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Terra said:

. Kinda wish there was a way to view cutscenes again after their relevant EQ has ended in game. Future Pormetheus for one. Or perhaps a side on the forums where you can see the previous ones in game.

There is. In game, go to home, click the gear icon in the top left corner, then go to cutscenes. All the story ones are there, however the cutscenes for the eqs are only there for one month.
    I know of that mechanic fyi. Im just saying, a in game or forum thing where we can view past cutscenes would be a very nice addition
  • jonzerjonzer Posts: 161
    I don't use boosts in UC. Its too easy for that. but yes I read them lol
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    I wish there was a setting so that those were automatically skipped.

• djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★

I wish there was a setting so that those were automatically skipped.

But only on android to make up for load times to give high end android a shot at Legends.
  • EdeuinkEdeuink Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    I press skip if I have boosts. I read the cutscenes when I’m doing initial completion of a quest.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    I use to read the cutscenes when I was new.
    Now I just skip them.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I read them and I don’t use boost
  • Silver_SagaSilver_Saga Posts: 361 ★★★
    Yes. But simply yes, no boosts.
  • RulllorRulllor Posts: 155
    Can’t afford to on my legends run

yes, but I don't use boosts.

f*** all these nobbers who don't read the story and then don't understand who the new people are.

what u talking bout willis?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Terra said:

Terra said:

Terra said:

I know of that mechanic fyi. Im just saying, a in game or forum thing where we can view past cutscenes would be a very nice addition
    I see what you mean. That addition would be rather nice. I believe some have been uploaded online? I’m not entirely sure.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    No reading sucks SKIP
    I don’t during run I don’t try for legend

If they offered it as an end quest thing(not sure what to call it) as in at the end of the quest it gave you the option to read it I would
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,794 ★★★★★
    Rulllor said:

yes, but I don't use boosts.

f*** all these nobbers who don't read the story and then don't understand who the new people are.

what u talking bout willis?
    there have been people in the past complaining they don't know who the characters are and if you read the story dialogue, you find out at some information as to who they are, what they've been up to until now and so on.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    I always play Heroic then Master and the Epic so I'm never using boosts on the first run through, but I always read the story the first time I play something. (I probably am not as paying as close attention my first run of an Act 6 story, but I probably am starting with the easy path so not using boosts anyway)

I figure someone puts time into writing it some I'm going to read it. Sometimes, they're funny or witty. Not all monthly events are winners but some are rather enjoyable (especially the ones that are part of a longer arc like the FF ones) that I don't regret reading them at all
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    No reading sucks SKIP
    I don't even notice them cause my thumb is just firing away till I get to the fight screen