**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's up with Cable's degeneration?

According to Cable's information, if he suffers bleed, his heavy attack causes degeneration.

It gave me no warning of the following:

When I used Archangel against Cable, as he started bleeding, my AA began to suffer a long degeneration. What's up with that? It looks like a bug.

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,004 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Any bleed put on Cable by the opponent (this cannot be done with suicides on Cable, although with ElsaB it can) will cause the opponent to Degen.
    Hence why you don't bring bleed champs to fight Cable.
    Cable has it stated in his info screen.
  • Options
    LoneWing13LoneWing13 Posts: 21
    edited January 2020

• Options
    edited January 2020
    I took this line of dialogue from his spotlight. Its in his abillities section.

Passive – Techno Organic Infection

When caused to Bleed, Cable has a 100% chance to trigger his Heavy Attack Degeneration on his Opponent
  • Options
    Crazy_JamieCrazy_Jamie Posts: 345 ★★
    You’ve misread the description. When he bleeds his heavy attack degeneration triggers. In other words, the same degeneration that applies from his heavy attack, only it doesn’t require a heavy attack to land. Can definitely see how you missed it, but the description is accurate.
  • Options
    I didn't see it because of the way it was worded. They should have just not used the words 'Heavy Attack', it somehow made me think Cable could only do it if he landed a heavy hit.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    You're way off in your interpretation of his abilities haha. When he launches a heavy attack he'll degen the opponent whether it not he is originally bleeding. And when cable is bleeding he will inflict a degen on the opponent.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

I didn't see it because of the way it was worded. They should have just not used the words 'Heavy Attack', it somehow made me think Cable could only do it if he landed a heavy hit.

It's understandable why. Cables Degen comes only from his heavy/enemy bleed so that's why it's worded like that. Actually reading through abillities sections with paying attention helps.
  • Options
    Terra said:

....has a 100% chance to trigger his Heavy Attack Degeneration on his Opponent

Lol. Sounds like Cable would be forced into doing a Heavy Attack as his next attack 😀
  • Options

Terra said:

....has a 100% chance to trigger his Heavy Attack Degeneration on his Opponent

Lol. Sounds like Cable would be forced into doing a Heavy Attack as his next attack 😀
    Yeah. He's quite agressive with those. Damn reach on that arm too
  • Options
    Well I have no problem evading his heavy attack, thanks to dexterity.
  • Options

Well I have no problem evading his heavy attack, thanks to dexterity.

If you aren't fast enough dexing or against the wall his heavy can clip you
  • Options
    Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    Terra said:

Any bleed put on Cable by the opponent (this cannot be done with suicides on Cable, although with ElsaB it can) will cause the opponent to Degen.

*with the exception of Warlock. He is immune to Cable's degen
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★

Terra said:

*with the exception of Warlock. He is immune to Cable's degen
    Warlock only imums because he a robot that why he bleed don’t apply the deg one u but elsa wil do it