**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Abyss is out... so explain to me why Scarlet Witch is so overpowered?

Comments

• DPXFistheGOATDPXFistheGOAT Posts: 727 ★★★
    Kabam probably just doesnt feel like including her in updates bc theyd rather do other stuff. Or maybe theyee waiting for Wanda-Vision
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited January 2020
    Stingerbk said:

Snizzbar said:

^ I want proof, because I do not believe that.

Not in the slightest.

All I see there is a lot of hype and that hype will sell a lot of crystals, once they finally release her.

And trust me ... they will eventually.
    I swear, if you guys call this "hyping a champion" again, I will make sure that we never release her, because nothing ever compares to the hype you all make up.
    Lmao is that a threat??? We both know you can't afford to not release her as a 5*/6*, and we will keep asking, the amount of quid she will bring in because of the nostalgia can't just be missed out on by kabam.
    Money isn't a viable justification to knowingly release something game-breaking.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Stingerbk said:

Snizzbar said:

Not in the slightest.

All I see there is a lot of hype and that hype will sell a lot of crystals, once they finally release her.

I swear, if you guys call this "hyping a champion" again, I will make sure that we never release her, because nothing ever compares to the hype you all make up.
    Lmao is that a threat??? We both know you can't afford to not release her as a 5*/6*, and we will keep asking, the amount of quid she will bring in because of the nostalgia can't just be missed out on by kabam.
    Money isn't a viable justification to knowingly release something game-bteaking.
    You personally don’t know it’s game breaking and Miike simply implying is game breaking isn’t enough. We need actual gameplay to support claims.
  • GraydroxGraydrox Posts: 413 ★★★
    It's probably hard to design design content having to make special considerations for her frequent random effects.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I am gonna say this: I don't know how a 5-star SWitch would look, but I still use the 4-star to this day when I can

It's hard to compare because scaling is impossible to judge when you have characters with persistent charges and higher base stats

But when I play SWitch, I am pretty freaking sure an R4 or R5 would be top 10 in this game at a minimum -- people forget how devastating that kit truly is

But she should still be released, because people want to play her in the toughest content and other characters like Aegon and Domino have just as much DPS and utility
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    I don't get it. It's not possible to change her sig proc rate?
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195

So you want them to nerf SW again?
  • j_money1j_money1 Posts: 27
    Let’s be real. I don’t think the majority of players would be mad at all if Scarlet Witch gets “rebalanced”, bringing her abilities down somewhat, as long as they release the 5/6 star version.
    j_money1 said:

Let’s be real. I don’t think the majority of players would be mad at all if Scarlet Witch gets “rebalanced”, bringing her abilities down somewhat, as long as they release the 5/6 star version.

No, im pretty sure they would be as SW would just be less valuable than she currently is.
  • NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Why do you even want Scarlett witch anymore? There was no skill to her, just random chances to make her lethal and also regen. There are way better champs now, and also better champs I'd rather see added than just reviving an old champ. This is coming from someone that relied on her heavily to get through content back in the day.
    edited January 2020

If that's what the issue is. Kabam Mike is saying the issue is a sig 200 issue. I'm at sig 40 on my 4star and she owns. So if sig 200 of tomorrow is sig 40 of today so be it because 4 stars have limited life expectancies as new content is released. When you have 5 stars, 4 stars become irrelevant mostly so what exactly is she losing? 5 star and 6 star to me is more about hp and attack scaling.
    edited January 2020

If that's what the issue is. Kabam Mike is saying the issue is a sig 200 issue. I'm at sig 40 on my 4star and she owns. So if sig 200 of tomorrow is sig 40 of today so be it because 4 stars have limited life expectancies as new content is released. When you have 5 stars, 4 stars become irrelevant mostly so what exactly is she losing? 5 star and 6 star to me is more about hp and attack scaling.
    Well, then I guess you don't value utility champions a lot then do you? Scarlet Witch has utility and they are Health Regen, power lock, power drain, Nullify and stun.

Also, if Sig 200 tomorrow is sig 40 today, it means that every champ needs to get their signature ability scaled-down to the sig 40 of 4*s which would be stupid as 4* have 59 more levels while 5* and 6*s have no more levels after 200.
    edited January 2020

Well, then I guess you don't value utility champions a lot then do you? Scarlet Witch has utility and they are Health Regen, power lock, power drain, Nullify and stun.

Also, if Sig 200 tomorrow is sig 40 today, it means that every champ needs to get their signature ability scaled-down to the sig 40 of 4*s which would be stupid as 4* have 59 more levels while 5* and 6*s have no more levels after 200.

You're either intentionally or unintentionally misunderstanding me.

I value utility, that's why I want SW. I'm ok with her having a lower chance to proc. What does "every champ" have to do with this unique champ? I could, for instance, care less whether 5 star Cyclops gets his sig nerfed because it's not even in the same universe of usefulness as SW sig.

I'd accept a higher hp, higher attack SW 5s even if it means her top end sig level is not as strong. I think we all agree she will never enter the game if she's in a place where she permanently power steals and locks and regenerates and hits like a truck...I'm not looking for a champ to trivialize all content nor expect that.
  • j_money1j_money1 Posts: 27
    @Thesurvivlist
    I agree with @Darksun987 . Scarlet Witch's signature as a 5-star would not scale properly as-is. She'd be much too powerful and wreck content like Kabam has already told us. Everyone who is doubting this and asking for her to be added as she currently stands is just asking for a wrecking ball.

A 4-star obviously has utility and use in the game but be honest, they are gated from many parts of the game whether it's straight up being blocked from entering or from the insanely high HP/Atk opponents where a 5/50 4-star would have no chance of competing.

Even if we were to have to adjust her signature ability/abilities so they scale better for end game content without steamrolling, it's still better to have a 5/6 star who has higher base stats and access to higher HP pools. Clinging onto a 4-star Scarlet Witch just because one doesn't want her nerfed again is incredibly short-sighted. You'll only be depriving yourself of a higher-rarity version of the champion, one who although may not have the same rates at proccing her abilities, but overall will actually output more damage and give you much more utility and usability based frankly on the fact that you can actually use her in end-game content. As opposed to what? Using her in act 5 and below? Barely a top choice for UC EQ, AQ, AW, Variants? There are much better 5/6 stars for this content than her these days precisely because she is a 4 star. Show me a situation where she is better than a higher-rarity option out there.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    j_money1 said:

If we're being real here, you can't get the majority of players to agree what color the sky is. You can easily get the majority of players to agree on changing something, but you can't even get a minority of players to agree on what the change should actually be.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

Snizzbar said:

Not in the slightest.

Best.
    Answer.
    Ever.

It does seem unfair that you're accused of hyping her up by not saying anything!

Seriously though, I think releasing some data could be useful. Or why not loan her to the CCP program and let Brian Grant and the like try her out?

Any thoughts or information on (a) a new version some time around Dr Strange 2/Wandavision? or (b) Scarlet Witch getting the rebalance treatment some time?
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    I like SW but I don't see how game breaking she can get at this stage of the game. Ghost is the most game breaking champ ever but she is available as a 6*. Just release a SW she won't even get the attention doom is getting now after the release of Abyss