**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

6.3.5 Cramping path

Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
edited January 2022 in General Discussion
Came across this path today as i slowly explore 6.3 and honestly i'm amazed how they have come up with the design of this path.

The nodes on this path are

Long Distance Relationship - applies a weakness debuff every 3 seconds (side note why can't we have a timer for this)
Cramping - While under the effects of a Weakness Debuff , 10% of your power is drained every second and you take damage equal to 25% of the defenders attack if you hit the opponent.

Best champ for this path and pretty much only viable solution is a sig 200 Namor.
Elsa could work since she purifies the debuff, however its hard to play around the timings without a timer and you will still take damage from accidental hits as soon as a weakness debuff applies triggering cramping. Not sure of anyone else who could do this path.

Ok so maybe there is a boost for this path, yes there is, it's the Balthakks Purge which purifies non damaging debuffs every time you fill a bar of power and extends to all debuffs if the defender has more power. This boost applies to Mystic champions.

But it makes no sense to me.
You are hitting the defender, you get weakness , your power is drained. to cleanse the weakness you have to gain a bar of power which you can't under the effect of cramping plus if you try you just take damage. So you basically have to back away to remove the weakness, which is what you have to do without the boost.

Even if the cramping node didn't drain your power, to cleanse the weakness you would need to hit the opponent with weakness on you to push you to a bar of power but doing so you just take damage.

Like how is this boost meant to help ? I've tried several times but honestly its easier to just parry 3 hits back off then to get this boost to help you do the path. Not to mention the amount of class disadvantaged fights and evade champs that are on this path

Has anyone completed this path using this boost i'm curious ?

anyone who hasn't done this path and doesn't have a sig 200 Namor, there is a boost called Live intel found in 6.3.2 which reduces passive damage taken when landing a hit to be reduced to 100% that works well with a skill champion like Aegon. Also another option is a boost called Composure which is found in 6.3.4 again this is for skill champions and makes you immune to debuffs for 8 secs every 10 hits of your combo. Need to be weary though if the immunity falls off before you get to another 10 hits then weakness pretty much applies and you take the damage from cramping.

Another interesting boost which i didn't try was the tactical maneuvering which is found in 6.3.6 which again is for skill champions. It does damage when a bleed fails to apply based on base attack and your combo and with the whole path having a bleed immune node on it means blade, NF and GP would be good (just thought GP actually might be good with her ability accuracy reduction mechanic). Squirrel Girl also another bleeder.

Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    There is another boost I don’t remember it’s name but it’s found 6.3.2 it allows skill champions to not get damage from nodes like thorns and cramping for 10 seconds and you can refresh it by landing critical hits
    I personally used this boost with aegon and steamrolled through the path
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Did it with Corvus, was not fun.
  • Bidzy7Bidzy7 Posts: 369 ★★★
    @Mhd20034 yeah thats the intel boost i mentioned. it what i ended up using.

@Haji_Saab Ooo Nice suggestion

@IKON can imagine seeing how when i first tried to do it went through similar pain of taking the Damage because i have hit the opponent just as a weakness applies.

• Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159
    @Bidzy7 how did the path go for you?
    @Mhd20034 well not great at first tbh. I actually tried the skill boost which gives you debuff immunity for 8 seconds after every 10 hits. It was one of the first boosts in the list hence why i went with that and it sounded ideal. The first fight with it went well with the boost and using Aegon however the GG fight not so great ended up taking some damage from node because of long specials and the immunity dropping off before i could refresh and then weakness applying straight away as i hit .Similar with the next fight and the one after that. so ended up using fair few pots and a couple of revives. That's when i started looking into other options and came across the Intel Boost from 6.3.2. when i used that boost it was super easy with Aegon as i didn't take any damage from the node even with the weakness debuff up and because Aegon shrugs off debuffs on crits my damage was good.

Definitely recommend the Live Intel Boost for this path, just wish i knew before i wasted pots and revives
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Bidzy7 said:

@Mhd20034 well not great at first tbh. I actually tried the skill boost which gives you debuff immunity for 8 seconds after every 10 hits. It was one of the first boosts in the list hence why i went with that and it sounded ideal. The first fight with it went well with the boost and using Aegon however the GG fight not so great ended up taking some damage from node because of long specials and the immunity dropping off before i could refresh and then weakness applying straight away as i hit .Similar with the next fight and the one after that. so ended up using fair few pots and a couple of revives. That's when i started looking into other options and came across the Intel Boost from 6.3.2. when i used that boost it was super easy with Aegon as i didn't take any damage from the node even with the weakness debuff up and because Aegon shrugs off debuffs on crits my damage was good.

Definitely recommend the Live Intel Boost for this path, just wish i knew before i wasted pots and revives

Thanks I’m just getting to this quset my self you helped me with it so thanks
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Another option is CAIW with a skill buddy for sig, needs high sig though. Just keep shrugging the debuff, parry a lot to keep up charges, and he is also good for boss.
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Just quake it
  • AztecAztec Posts: 293 ★★
    Only yondu is not quakable. Use the rest of your champs
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    Nick Fury heavy spam, max sig CapIW with Skill champ. Else idk
  • Katzastrophe_Od1nKatzastrophe_Od1n Posts: 223 ★★
    too late, but thx anyways guys
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★
    I used the skill boost which makes u debuff immune and keeps active if u crit was a really bad node and boost choice as i was same like u couldnt get it to work as power drain constantly and can barley damage
  • Falcon for evade champs, mags for metals and namor sig 200 for the rest. Finished with full health on all champs
    lol its been over a year so a lot has changed in game, not to mention they may have even nerfed this path from the original i haven't been back in to check.

• Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★
    edited April 2021
    You need to use the Composure boost for skill champs, every 10 hits you become debuff immune for 8 seconds. Combine that with a good skill champ and you should be fine
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Kingpin+Hood is the new god for this path. I used CAIW with skill for exploration I think.
  • black_gokublack_goku Posts: 18
    crossbones should work.. even better if awakened
    also kingpin with hood synergy
  • johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 164
    Thanks to this thread and this tip (to look for this boost from the other quest) this turned from one of the hardest paths for me into one of the easiest. My r3 awakened Falcon soloed the whole path by himself pretty much. This was also my last path to 100% Act 6.
    Mhd20034 said:

There is another boost I don’t remember it’s name but it’s found 6.3.2 it allows skill champions to not get damage from nodes like thorns and cramping for 10 seconds and you can refresh it by landing critical hits

• Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★
    I remember that I used Aegon here with a certain booster from another 6.3 quest. With that it wasn’t bad but i just can’t remember
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★
    Mhd20034 said:

lol never mind. I realized this is from 1 year ago 🙄
  • As this is a revived thread from two years ago, I'm going to close it down to avoid further bumping.
This discussion has been closed.