**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Rebalancing is disappointing...

Comments

• RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    All in all these "changes" seem pretty meaningless and not worth the 9 month wait.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

My parries last for 2.5 seconds and I can’t get Human torch to max temperature he plays exactly the same as before

Your parries do not last for 2.5 seconds - time them using a video. 2.0 seconds is the maximum - Parry 2/3 and Parry 3/3 do NOT add stun time like the description says they do. This has been ignored by Kabam.
    Hmm. I tested this just now and I get the same result. I used Iron Fist against both RoL Winter Soldier and RttL6 Superior Iron Man (first fight in last chapter) and in both cases I get between 1.6 and 1.7 seconds of stun time from well-timed block/Parry (my in-phone video viewer timeline is only accurate to 0.1 seconds). I have Parry3 and Stupefy3 so I should be getting 2.5 seconds of stun (no perfect block). Winter Soldier might be wonky (the RoL one isn't an identical copy to what we have), but I don't think Superior Iron Man is in RttL.

This definitely looks bugged to me.
    I've seen multiple posts of people testing this for quite a while now. Never seen it acknowledged or addressed by anyone on the Kabam side though
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

My parries last for 2.5 seconds and I can’t get Human torch to max temperature he plays exactly the same as before

Your parries do not last for 2.5 seconds - time them using a video. 2.0 seconds is the maximum - Parry 2/3 and Parry 3/3 do NOT add stun time like the description says they do. This has been ignored by Kabam.
    Hmm. I tested this just now and I get the same result. I used Iron Fist against both RoL Winter Soldier and RttL6 Superior Iron Man (first fight in last chapter) and in both cases I get between 1.6 and 1.7 seconds of stun time from well-timed block/Parry (my in-phone video viewer timeline is only accurate to 0.1 seconds). I have Parry3 and Stupefy3 so I should be getting 2.5 seconds of stun (no perfect block). Winter Soldier might be wonky (the RoL one isn't an identical copy to what we have), but I don't think Superior Iron Man is in RttL.

Thank you for testing it as well. They (Kabam) might listen to you, with your status and history. I tried many months ago to little avail. If you upload the videos to Youtube, you can be very accurate (see my pictures) and can show the stun time is 0.5 seconds shorter than it should be at Parry 3/3.

Everyone should be on this... because if Parry gave 2.0 seconds of stun at 3/3, no one would need to run Stupefy at all to get the same (current) max parry stun time. Could everyone use 3 more Mastery points elsewhere? Hell yes.
  • Champ123Champ123 Posts: 24
    DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

Its not bugged. Parry gives UP TO 2 seconds based on perfect block chance. If you dont have 100% perfect block, you won't have 2 seconds from the parry mastery alone
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Parth2204 said:

@SentryPillow Can you tell me the version that you are on? My system is showing that you haven't updated yet, but if you have more than one account, that could be wrong.

'Is playing with more than one account against the rules? There are thousands of players who have a lot of accounts. One of my friend himself is running his own alliance i.e. all the 30 members in that alliance is he himself.
    '
    So he has naruto abilities to create clones or what
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020
    Champ123 said:

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

Its not bugged. Parry gives UP TO 2 seconds based on perfect block chance. If you dont have 100% perfect block, you won't have 2 seconds from the parry mastery alone
    This right here.

In an update, the wording of the parry mastery was changed and removed the “up to”.

Parry has a 1s base stun time that increases with perfect block chance based on the masteries rank.

Madcat had all this explained to him in the thread he started on it but refuses to acknowledge/understand any of this.

Two words Kabam, two words and you can end people’s confusion over this. Return the wording of the parry mastery to what it was originally written as and how it actually functions.

The actual thread on parry. The second response explains what happened. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157359/huge-bug-parry-timer-is-not-correct-vs-generic-quest-npcs#latest

The original wording.

• WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★

Champ123 said:

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

This right here.

In an update, the wording of the parry mastery was changed and removed the “up to”.

Parry has a 1s base stun time that increases with perfect block chance based on the masteries rank.

Madcat had all this explained to him in the thread he started on it but refuses to acknowledge/understand any of this.

Two words Kabam, two words and you can end people’s confusion over this. Return the wording of the parry mastery to what it was originally written as and how it actually functions.

The actual thread on parry. The second response explains what happened. https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/157359/huge-bug-parry-timer-is-not-correct-vs-generic-quest-npcs#latest

The original wording.

That doesn't explain why stun duration doesn't get longer going from 2 to 3 in the Parry mastery. The duration of the two is negligible. If not for the damage reduction there no benifits to running 3 there because the time is the same.
  • Champ123 said:

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

That might be what it is doing, but that is not how it is described. If Parry is working as intended, the mastery description is incorrect. It should say "inflict a stun debuff for up to 2.0 seconds based on perfect block chance" because that's the way this is worded in all the other similar situations I can think of, and because it is semantically correct. The way it is worded now the reasonable interpretation would be that Parry inflicts a 2.0 second stun by default, and that stun gets longer if you have a non-zero perfect block chance.

I'll see if I can compare perfect block proficiency against stun time to determine just exactly what the numerical dependency is when I get some time later.
    DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

Test with someone who has high perfect block and you’ll get your full stun duration.

Sunspot parrying an incinerated opponent is the easiest, second to that is a Captain America with high sig level and low health or high sig CAWW2 when an opponent has buffs.

Additionally you can see champions with high PB chance have increased stun times, champs like DD (classic and netflix).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Yeah this one is beyond my experience. I've never really timed my Parry.
  • MadcatMadcat Posts: 385 ★★★

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

Test with someone who has high perfect block and you’ll get your full stun duration.

Sunspot parrying an incinerated opponent is the easiest, second to that is a Captain America with high sig level and low health or high sig CAWW2 when an opponent has buffs.

Additionally you can see champions with high PB chance have increased stun times, champs like DD (classic and netflix).
    Try it with 1/3 Parry and 3/3 Parry with a PB character. You will see that you do not get a stun length increase difference between the two. You are not understanding the issue.
    Madcat said:

It is not 1.0 seconds, as you state. It is 1.5. If it is at 1.5 seconds, just like it states now, and not the 1.0 historical number you quote... why is it not 2.0 seconds, just like it states now, at 3/3? Why does the stun length not go up for a high PB character? You are wrong.

It is 1s, you’re relying on testing in which you also had 3/3 stupefy.

It does go high for a pb character lmfao.

https://youtu.be/aDwuInm765A

Champ123 said:

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

This right here.

The original wording.

That doesn't explain why stun duration doesn't get longer going from 2 to 3 in the Parry mastery. The duration of the two is negligible. If not for the damage reduction there no benifits to running 3 there because the time is the same.
    The time is increased up to 2s with PB chance, so yes it does explain it.

Champ123 said:

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

This right here.

The original wording.

Should go from 1.7 with PB to 2 with PB. One would assume you would get an extra .3 seconds but you don't. Btw the thread you gave as proof this was resolved before was 2 years old and never had a moderator response for clarity. Just more people having a discussion. Hardly settled.
    Madcat said:

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

Try it with 1/3 Parry and 3/3 Parry with a PB character. You will see that you do not get a stun length increase difference between the two. You are not understanding the issue.
    You’re flat out wrong, I suggest you do the testing so you can see it for yourself.
    edited February 2020

Champ123 said:

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

This right here.

The original wording.

Should go from 1.7 with PB to 2 with PB. One would assume you would get an extra .3 seconds but you don't. Btw the thread you gave as proof this was resolved before was 2 years old and never had a moderator response for clarity. Just more people having a discussion. Hardly settled.
    You do get an extra .3s.

The thread is late last year.

People are a) severely misinformed or b) trolling.
    edited February 2020
    Not trolling. You don't get the extra .3 seconds. That's why I only 2 points in Parry. It's been a while since I've tested any of this but if I remember correctly going from 1 point to 2 actually increased the stun time but going to 3 points didn't. Going off a foggy memory but I didn't make that change without reason but do remember that the time difference between the two was nothing. And oops thought I seen a 2018 on thread. My mistake.

Not trolling. You don't get the extra .3 seconds. That's why I only 2 points in Parry. It's been a while since I've tested any of this but if I remember correctly going from 1 point to 2 actually increased the stun time but going to 3 points didn't. Going off a foggy memory but I didn't make that change without reason but do remember that the time difference between the two was nothing.

I don’t think you understand. Parry has a base 1s all ranks. You get up to an extra .5s-1s based on how high your perfect block chance is. If you have low PB chance it’s difficult to see much of a change in the duration but it does still increase. However when you have high PB chance it’s readily obvious.

You do get .3s more, when you have a high perfect block which is what increases the stun duration. You can see it for yourself in this video. It has all 3 ranks of parry evidenced with high PB chance. I’m not going to edit it down so you’ll just have to fast forward between fights. https://youtu.be/yS0DKCOVGyc
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    Madcat said:

DNA3000 said:

Madcat said:

How many points do you have in the Perfect Block mastery?
  • NeonoctisNeonoctis Posts: 118
    what is sad is that nothing was said by anyone from kabam on the actual issues of ebony maw degen not even reading correctly in game after the update. let alone if it is functioning properly. I don't see anywhere on the forums if they have addressed that issue as many have given proof that it is not updated like they said it would be.
    So you are basically saying there's no difference in the duration of a parry stun, regardless of rank, unless you have perfect block. So unless you run Sunspot, the Captain America's or Daredevil you won't see the extra stun time.

So you are basically saying there's no difference in the duration of a parry stun, regardless of rank, unless you have perfect block. So unless you run Sunspot, the Captain America's or Daredevil you won't see the extra stun time.

More or less but there is a difference and that difference can determine wether or not you can reliably attack someone after a parry stun.

You can increase PB with the mastery or synergies. If you travel back in time you’ll see it was a somewhat popular team for Star-lord in LoL.

More or less but there is a difference and that difference can determine wether or not you can reliably attack someone after a parry stun.

You can increase PB with the mastery or synergies. If you travel back in time you’ll see it was a somewhat popular team for Star-lord in LoL.
    See that makes no sense for a mastery to only work as expected unless you have perfect block, if you are running a high PB champ or set up that reliably gives PB why worry about the reduced damage from a parry that the extra points give. My recollection is that the old perfect block teams had less to do with Parry duration than just having perfect block, not ever taking damage was huge if all you had to do was block or maybe I'm thinking of a different team setup.
    DNA3000 said:

Not trolling. You don't get the extra .3 seconds. That's why I only 2 points in Parry. It's been a while since I've tested any of this but if I remember correctly going from 1 point to 2 actually increased the stun time but going to 3 points didn't. Going off a foggy memory but I didn't make that change without reason but do remember that the time difference between the two was nothing.

I don’t think you understand. Parry has a base 1s all ranks. You get up to an extra .5s-1s based on how high your perfect block chance is. If you have low PB chance it’s difficult to see much of a change in the duration but it does still increase. However when you have high PB chance it’s readily obvious.
    If that is the case, and it seems your understanding of the mastery would explain all the observations, then I would say the mastery description is misleading to the point of being broken. There is simply no way anyone could make the argument that the mastery description either states this or implies this.
    That’s the same conclusion that was made in Sept 2019.