**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you guys agree with Seatin's Tier lists?

Title.

Do you guys agree with Seatin's Tier lists? 310 votes

Yes.
71%
MasterSmokeVdh2008RagamugginGunnerAlfa_PigeonLeNoirFaineantdapps2goTimone147Erza_ScarletSeatinLosspikLongshot57mmmbanyasDrenlinChovnerallinashesLuciusVorenusBENJI830Feeney234dr_nish777superdia 222 votes
No.
28%
ShrimkinsSlowDigzBadroseMegaSkater67ChadhoganSpity68OzzieontPiviotDuMonUjdrum663JetenyoMSRDLDTheVyrusphillgreenOesername123BajjsbwuqjwFoxhero007GNASTYNEO_mr_AndersonUncle_Fatty_247 88 votes

Comments

• Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    I agree with his list
    Yes.
    He explains each champ very well and has a detailed information of where a champ can be used and he does not run suicides
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    It's mostly in line with how I feel. He doesn't highlight some of the underrated champs ever but, his list is more about overall performance, not really niche champs or champs that can do what another champ can do, but at a slower pace.

But anyone looking at a tier list should always consider what their account needs first.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    DNA3000 said:

I agree with Seatin's statement about the tier lists, which is that they are his subjective evaluation of the champions, and they are a simplification of how valuable he thinks the champions are.

^^ this

You can agree, disagree, or make your own list. But certainly the guy who finished Abyss first, who can clear any content, and who makes entertaining MCOC videos, can make any friggin' list he wants about this game.
  • BigdawgBigdawg Posts: 27
    Yes.
    I'd say I agree with it mostly. Unless you're the top whatever % of players most of us haven't cleared the amount of in game content he has. He has his retired f2p account and well as his current 2 that he plays. So yes, he's played/used basically every single champion in the game, at every tier in practically every mode of play. I don't have access to the sheer amount of resources that he blows through ranking up champions he'll probably only use once. You also have to figure that aside from his own gameplay he has gone to cons, meet and greets and tournaments. That gives him more than just a following but a community on players that spam him with their own in game vids and stories who might not have gotten their ideas seen any other way. Yes his tier list is based on his own play style and experience but the amount of information that comes through his social platforms is more than I would want to sift though on a daily basis. Again it is just one man's opinion and your play style, masteries and daily usage will differ but it is an excellent guide you can use to help springboard your own journey in mcoc.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 ★★★★★

Terra said:

Both yes and no. He gives tier lists from the eyes of a endgame player/whale which differs from most.
    And, he does say it's his individual tier list and isn't a universal one

What champ ranking would you change? Even as a mdi game player I think if you are ranking up 5 stars or even 4 stars you should know how useful a character is after you have completed some content so not really sure what the difference you are stating is? I have roughly the same opinions for a champ that I had when I was midgame and endgame
    Peculiar question. To answer that will take a couple days however to make my own tier list for viewing. I'll pm/dm you when I'm finished.
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    No.
    All list are your own opinion doesn’t matter if people agree with it or not
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    No.
    Mostly yes but I think there are some key misplacements in his list
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    Shrimkins said:

I just think the idea of a "tier list" is stupid. I understand why it's popular, but it blinds people to ranking up champs that could fill a needed utility in their roster.

People tend to get obsessed with only ranking "beyond god tier" champs and don't think about anything else, such as the content they are trying to complete, their current roster capability, prestige, alliance needs, ect.

I agree with you and see what you are saying, but I think when some people don't use the phrase beyond god tier or god tier, they usually aren't referring to a tier list. Instead, when people, including myself, call a champ god tier, they are just using the phrase god tier to describe a champ they think is good, rather than referring to a tier list. This is just what I think and it's an opinion about what I observe.

• Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    And talking about the post, I think his list is a generally a good indicator of good and bad champs, but I think he has ranked some older champs too high because when they were released, they were at the top of the meta, but as the game evolved and more champs have been introduced, I feel that he has left them where they are instead of demoting them. When I talk about that, I think every champs strength is relative to others
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    With all things, I read them objectively and compare it to my own findings. So as others have said, it's subjective. It's both yes and no because I may agree with some of his ranking, but not others. I appreciate his effort to help people, but I also agree that going by his opinion as gospel isn't necessarily the best way to make choices. Everyone has their own views on Champs. I wouldn't substitute actual personal experience for any list.
  • TehsigzorzTehsigzorz Posts: 1,233 ★★★★
    Yes.
    DNA3000 said:

Terra said:

Both yes and no. He gives tier lists from the eyes of a endgame player/whale which differs from most.
    And, he does say it's his individual tier list and isn't a universal one

What champ ranking would you change? Even as a mdi game player I think if you are ranking up 5 stars or even 4 stars you should know how useful a character is after you have completed some content so not really sure what the difference you are stating is? I have roughly the same opinions for a champ that I had when I was midgame and endgame
    For example, Quake is a god tier champ only if you're willing to put in the time to master her. She's slightly above average in the hands of the average player. That's not a knock on Seatin, it is just that it is impossible to make a single champion metric that factors in all of the different requirements of the different players of the game.

I would probably rate Rogue much higher than Wasp for average players. Wasp is a glass cannon with an unconventional play style and much more easily killed than Rogue who has a decently strong heal and some power control, plus strongly mitigates debuffs. And I would rate King Groot much higher than champs like Carnage or Mister Sinister for average players as King Groot's super tankiness would help less skilled players. And unless you're going to leverage synergies and carefully ramp him up I think Hawkeye is going to give better return to average players than Sabertooth. Hawkeye is easy to play and his strong power control in SP1 will get average players through a lot of otherwise dangerous fights.

Even Sparky is not a universally fantastic champion. If you aren't very skilled at building poise his play style can get you killed. I'll bet for every player that drives him well there's about fifty that try to get one more poise charge and get comboed in the face and suddenly drop below 50%, nullifying a lot of his superhigh burst damage. If you're that guy, and you don't have the time or inclination to practice, then Angela is going to be a much better performer for you.

Again, not knocking Seatin or his champion rankings, it simply isn't possible to make one set of rankings that are applicable to all the players of the game. Seatin's list presumes in part that you can and will become skilled enough to unlock the full potential of the champions, or at least as much potential as he sees in them. That might ultimately be less than 10% of all players of the game.
    He gives an asterisk to quake stating that you need to know how to play her so I dont think this point is very relevant. The wasp argument is fair enough as she does need you to intercept however the attack rating isnt really the problem for beginners who dont know how to play the game but its been a while since I have played it. I would say mister sinister is very beginner friendly as it gives you a buffer against crit but good argument for king groot. I disagree on the hawkeye vs sabretooth argument, I think both are extremely easy to play after the first time you read their skillset. I fully agree with you on sparky and additionally this is one of the champs where I disagree with him on. Personally I would see him demoted but thats just me.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    Unfortunately, yes. The game has no balance in that. There may be champ, who is good at one thing, and another champ, who is good at another thing, but you don't need them, as there is a third champ is better at both things that first two. And why would you rank up many champs instead of one, when resources are very limited? His tier list gives some idea of how good every champ is compared to others, and it is more or less what is like imo
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    Denslo500 said:

It helps to know
    1) it used to be called the Offense Tier List (he stopped doing the Defense list)
    2) Seatin has a VERY strong offense preference (Tier lists, masteries, champs he uses.)

So if you want to know which champs have a high DPS, look at his list.

He seems to believe that SHORTER fights are the best DEFENSE.
    Between block damage, game lags and mistakes, I have to agree.

Shorter fights is what kabam promoted with aw/aq timers. Also anyway the shorter the fight, the less time you have to take block damage, simple math
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    edited February 2020
    Denslo500 said:

It helps to know
    1) it used to be called the Offense Tier List (he stopped doing the Defense list)
    2) Seatin has a VERY strong offense preference (Tier lists, masteries, champs he uses.)

So if you want to know which champs have a high DPS, look at his list.

He seems to believe that SHORTER fights are the best DEFENSE.
    Between block damage, game lags and mistakes, I have to agree.

As far as I'm aware, Seatin still does defense ratings. It is just that they were always less frequently updated; the most recent one was September 2019.

Also, more offense is a kind of useful defense when it comes to champions used on attack, but more offense in general does not automatically make a good defender placed on defense. Defense as an attacker is not the same thing as being a better defender.
    Yes.
    Before I was aware of tier list I thought sentry was the best champion in the game cause of his perfect block,regen and other stats so I ranked 4 the 4* version of him him meanwhile I had quake at rank 1. Only to find out later that I wasted my resources on wrong champ.