**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you guys agree with Seatin's Tier lists?

Comments

• Options

DNA3000 said:

Terra said:

Both yes and no. He gives tier lists from the eyes of a endgame player/whale which differs from most.
    And, he does say it's his individual tier list and isn't a universal one

What champ ranking would you change? Even as a mdi game player I think if you are ranking up 5 stars or even 4 stars you should know how useful a character is after you have completed some content so not really sure what the difference you are stating is? I have roughly the same opinions for a champ that I had when I was midgame and endgame
    For example, Quake is a god tier champ only if you're willing to put in the time to master her. She's slightly above average in the hands of the average player. That's not a knock on Seatin, it is just that it is impossible to make a single champion metric that factors in all of the different requirements of the different players of the game.

I would probably rate Rogue much higher than Wasp for average players. Wasp is a glass cannon with an unconventional play style and much more easily killed than Rogue who has a decently strong heal and some power control, plus strongly mitigates debuffs. And I would rate King Groot much higher than champs like Carnage or Mister Sinister for average players as King Groot's super tankiness would help less skilled players. And unless you're going to leverage synergies and carefully ramp him up I think Hawkeye is going to give better return to average players than Sabertooth. Hawkeye is easy to play and his strong power control in SP1 will get average players through a lot of otherwise dangerous fights.

Even Sparky is not a universally fantastic champion. If you aren't very skilled at building poise his play style can get you killed. I'll bet for every player that drives him well there's about fifty that try to get one more poise charge and get comboed in the face and suddenly drop below 50%, nullifying a lot of his superhigh burst damage. If you're that guy, and you don't have the time or inclination to practice, then Angela is going to be a much better performer for you.

Again, not knocking Seatin or his champion rankings, it simply isn't possible to make one set of rankings that are applicable to all the players of the game. Seatin's list presumes in part that you can and will become skilled enough to unlock the full potential of the champions, or at least as much potential as he sees in them. That might ultimately be less than 10% of all players of the game.
    He gives an asterisk to quake stating that you need to know how to play her so I dont think this point is very relevant.
    Actually, all that means is Seatin agrees with me (or vice versa), that his rating depends on how skilled you are playing the champ. The question was which ratings would you change if you knew your audience were average players and not end game or highly skilled players, and Seatin's own caveat on the champion implies he also believes his rating would be different if he were evaluating the champions for lower skilled players.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Yes.
    For the most part it’s a good accurate guide for me. Some differences in opinion and personal preference but agree with the rational and pretty much what is where. Some different feeling on adjacent tiers and who fall whetr but would say that his top tier(beyond god/god tier) match what I would think belongs those buckets and vice versa all the way down between up one and down 1 potentially tier to tier.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,312 ★★★★
    Yes.
    It’s all subjective, but as a player.. I seen someone rank up 5* Groot to 5/65 but for me (5* Groot sig120), he doesn’t seem strong or have effective synergy that benefit my other champions.. yes, he is immune to bleed.. and?!? there are obviously some better champions that have more utility and has longevity (regen or similar ability to replenish health), or high attack damage.. power steal, buff nullification also helps you in that regards.

Anyways take it with a grain of salt and rank up the champions you like.

• Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    The tier list is his opinion of where he feels champs fall. The problem with the tier list is many players focus on the beyond God tier champs. The thing mid tier players and new players should really focus on is the meme tier champs. The mid level champs in his list can fill gaps in growing rosters while players wait to pull top counters for different content. The meme tier champs is what growing accounts want to watch out for so they aren't wasting resources on champs that wont help them progress in the game.
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Both yes and no. There are some champs that I don’t agree with their placement.
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 367 ★★★
    Yes.
    I find his best list is actually when he references the champ to their content best suited (such as the best 4 star rank up).
    But if you use his list as a guide while identify where you are lacking, such as if your best double immunity champ is in the pretty useful tier, compared to an above God Tier champ you have that offers nothing new to other champs you have ranked, I’d focus on the double immune if you are going for Cavalier and have to face Crossbones.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    The choices lack nuance. I agree with him in general.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★

Before I was aware of tier list I thought sentry was the best champion in the game cause of his perfect block,regen and other stats so I ranked 4 the 4* version of him him meanwhile I had quake at rank 1. Only to find out later that I wasted my resources on wrong champ.

Before you found out about the tier lists, did you have fun using Sentry?
  • Options
    Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Yes.

Sentry is great with synergies

Also some.of the got tiers need special synergies too

Ghost needs wasp hood
    Marvel needa fury

Etc

I have 6 r1 duped sentry

If you take aegon and champion he will do 50k sp2s

Ghost only really needs Wasp unless the quest has a timer which doesn’t allow you to constantly bait SP2/1’s
  • Options
    RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    No.

Sentry is great with synergies

Also some.of the got tiers need special synergies too

Ghost needs wasp hood
    Marvel needa fury

Etc

I have 6 r1 duped sentry

If you take aegon and champion he will do 50k sp2s

If you think Ghost needs Wasp synergy, then I suggest you up your Ghost game. Very rarely have I ever brought Wasp along with Ghost.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Yes.

Before I was aware of tier list I thought sentry was the best champion in the game cause of his perfect block,regen and other stats so I ranked 4 the 4* version of him him meanwhile I had quake at rank 1. Only to find out later that I wasted my resources on wrong champ.

Before you found out about the tier lists, did you have fun using Sentry?
    Yea I did clearing easy contents with him when I got to the hard contents I started asking for help meanwhile I had quake who started shredding things for me. Up till date have not even used him for anything at all not even dungeons
  • Options
    I think that his is among the better lists out there, but as he says - it’s a guide.

He places champions in certain tiers based on their ability in their area - SS is beyond god tier because he’s one of the best nullify/stagger champions and in the right scenario he’s an absolute monster. Make him fight a bleed immune champion with no buffs and he’s meh.

The higher tiered champions tend to combine utility, damage and immunity.
    I think that it has its place to introduce players to a champion. I tend to see where he’s placed a champion and watch his gameplay video to see what I think of new champions but ultimately I make my own choice and opinion on its value
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    I agree with a lot of it but not all of his rankings, which is fine as it’s all opinion based
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yes.
    Shrimkins said:

I just think the idea of a "tier list" is stupid. I understand why it's popular, but it blinds people to ranking up champs that could fill a needed utility in their roster.

People tend to get obsessed with only ranking "beyond god tier" champs and don't think about anything else, such as the content they are trying to complete, their current roster capability, prestige, alliance needs, ect.

I agree with you and see what you are saying, but I think when some people don't use the phrase beyond god tier or god tier
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Yes.

Shrimkins said:

I just think the idea of a "tier list" is stupid. I understand why it's popular, but it blinds people to ranking up champs that could fill a needed utility in their roster.

People tend to get obsessed with only ranking "beyond god tier" champs and don't think about anything else, such as the content they are trying to complete, their current roster capability, prestige, alliance needs, ect.

I agree with you and see what you are saying, but I think when some people don't use the phrase beyond god tier or god tier
    Sorry posted twice
  • Options
    ChubsWhiteChubsWhite Posts: 493 ★★★
    No.
    I DO NOT CARE!!!

I rank who I want to rank up, forget some dumb list, and another players opinion. This is a game, have fun!!
  • Options
    Yes.
    Yes, his list is a guide that I agree with 90% of his placements and its way more accurate than Lagacy's one. And doesn't mean it's universal, it's just a guidestone for you to build your roster following your needs. It's also good to compare with others lists like, Lagacy's, Prof Hoff's, Captain Raghu's, etc.
  • Options
    KobeLivesKobeLives Posts: 44
    All in the process of rebalancing none will be God tier
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    Yes.
    It's a nice guide and I would say there is nothing on that list that is grossly misrepresented. Some champions I feel could be demoted a tier or promoted up, but by and large it serves it's purpose well.
  • Options
    GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    You should give us an option “partially agree”
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    Yes.

seatin's and all the other tier lists are what is ruining the game.

Tier lists are far from from what's "ruining" the game. Is the game even being ruined? And if it has anything to do with tier lists (it isn't), it's the players themselves actively focusing on only what they perceive to be the only champions worth ranking based on someone else's opinion without engaging in any kind of critical thinking and decision making.

It's the players responsibility to rank champions based on their own experience with the champions in their roster, their ingame needs, and taking every champion into consideration at every tier (well, maybe not the bottom few tiers, but if one wants to rank IP or DPXF, then by all means go for it).
  • Options

seatin's and all the other tier lists are what is ruining the game.

Only in the vaguest possible way, in that what most people blame for ruining all massively multiplayer games is the other people.
  • Options
    Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    edited February 2020
    Yes.
    Yes. Of those disagreeing, no one has really mentioned what they disagree with. In almost every case I agree with him. As a new player, when I pull a 5 star champ, I look at the tier list, I pull up some videos usually by Seatin and I see what they can do. Usually, he's right, he clearly indicates when champs need their sig and when they are synergy based and from that I decide if I rank them or not.

I love my 4/40 Gambit too because he's my favorite comic character. I have no delusions that he's god tier so I don't pull him out for progression I use him when I'm grinding 100% on easier content.

Anyway, point being, for new players with limited resources its critical that you upgrade only champs that will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Quake is maybe a good example...everyone here makes Quake sound so hard to play...she's really not if you do Parry Quake and you can ignore a lot of stuff with Parry Quake. I wouldn't realize she was an amazing champ without things like gameplay vids and tier lists. I got her as a 5 star, ranked her up, practiced her for like 3 days and now she's the best champ on my roster. If I was ignorant of tier lists I might've put those resources into a much worse champ like my Cyclops or Iron Man (unduped).

The best argument is maybe the one about easy champs vs hard champs but I don't even think that's hard to figure out from a gameplay video.
  • Options
    jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    No.
    I voted no just because it's Seatin.
  • Options
    OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    No.
    iron patriot is god tier , not he is not
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    Tier lists are just personal preference. (Most people like chocolate but some don't. Same with MCOC champions) .
    Seatin's list is a fine tool. Sometimes I agree, sometimes I don't. But I'm glad it's available for conversation.