Options

Confused about the logic of 30 minute timers

I always assumed that the longer timers in AQ are to make things fair for people all over the world. But then why are we getting 30 minute timers as a bonus?

If the reason for the long timers is to make things fair, then they are knowingly making it unfair for some with the short timers. So then I ask, what motivation, other than fairness, does Kabam have to make the timers longer?

Comments

• Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 644 ★★★
    Most of players want 30 minutes timers. Don't bother us with your questions when Kabam do something right for the community.

And by the way thank you Kabam for the 30 minutes timers.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Close this thread please kabam it is just someone who does not think we should have 30 minute timers even though nearly all the players like having them.
  • Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    how is it detrimental? play when you can. 30 min timers doesnt change the 24 hour time period to complete a map. if your ally is trying to rush through in half a day or less that on them, they should respect everyones time in/out of game regardless of 30min timers or 1 hr timers.

if anything, id say its more of peer-to-peer time management issue than punishment handed out by kabam
  • Options
    Mystic_ManeMystic_Mane Posts: 46
    No way 30 minute timers is detrimental. More people would be completing the higher level maps, which might create a clog for rewards, but I don't see how being able to move more often is a bad thing. 30 minute timers would mean some of us could have a life without checking Marvel every few hours to avoid sitting still with full energy.
  • Options
    MoeDur23MoeDur23 Posts: 46
    The issue here is not so much the 30 minute timers but the 5 energy maximum. Needs to be raised to 10.
  • Options
    MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    This is basically a joke post from that time @Kabam Miike made that stupid comment (which I'm sure he regrets now due to the amount of trolling it gets) about 30min timers being worse for the community and more punishing for the player base.

It has now become the butt of numerous jokes and if Miike didn't realise how wrong he was then I'm sure he does now.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,113 ★★★★★
    3ul3r wrote: »
    I always assumed that the longer timers in AQ are to make things fair for people all over the world. But then why are we getting 30 minute timers as a bonus?

If the reason for the long timers is to make things fair, then they are knowingly making it unfair for some with the short timers. So then I ask, what motivation, other than fairness, does Kabam have to make the timers longer?

Think you all are misunderstanding the OP's point. Or I am?

If the 1 hour timer is to make things fair on the community then why is 30 minute timers put in place as a sort of "reward" to the community. If 30 minute timers are detrimental to the player base which is what they say is the reason for them not being introduced permanently then how can they also be used to reward the community or apologise for a mistake they have done.

Anyway, I think that's his point

It is not that 1 hour timers are to make things fair, its just that the current AQ map was designed for 1 hour timers. Half hour timer makes the quest easier so thats why it is a reward for the community no detriment comes from shorter AQ timers.
  • Options
    Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★

You can still play on hourly basis, just don't come and see in every 30 min.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They (Kabam) likely anticipated a decline in activity since alliance war is inactive for the next week. Being that there is a decline in activity they may have wanted to give alliances more leeway when it comes to AQ so the no war situation is less stressful for people and allies.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited October 2017

Think you all are misunderstanding the OP's point. Or I am?

If the 1 hour timer is to make things fair on the community then why is 30 minute timers put in place as a sort of "reward" to the community. If 30 minute timers are detrimental to the player base which is what they say is the reason for them not being introduced permanently then how can they also be used to reward the community or apologise for a mistake they have done.

Anyway, I think that's his point
    Because the premise is wrong, the 1h isn't better than 30min.

But someone said the questions are sarcastic/ironic, then I guess you already knew it.