**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Feb 2020 Side Event Feedback (3 week arena, objectives & quest)

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

Just hit all the arena milestones and realized I still have to play 100 MORE ROUNDS (300 more fights) just to get the Deadpool avatar.

:s

Yeah, that ain’t gonna happen.

wait, what deadpool avatar? dont see anything about that regarding the objectives
  • RoninManRoninMan Posts: 747 ★★★★
    Terra said:

Just hit all the arena milestones and realized I still have to play 100 MORE ROUNDS (300 more fights) just to get the Deadpool avatar.

wait, what deadpool avatar? dont see anything about that regarding the objectives
    @Terra
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    RoninMan said:

Terra said:

@Terra
    well damn i havent even checked them properly. cheers for the headsup. might grab it for collective purposes
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

Thank you for your feedback. I can see where some of this is coming from, and want to give you some insight into our decision making.

While we try our hardest to make sure that every player has content that they can find geared towards them, that is not going to be possible with every piece of content that is released.

Not every month's Side Event is going to have a 5-Star Awakening Gem or some high level/rarity items. Nor are the place to go for end game rewards. We're always adding more and more content for our end game players, and want to give more End Game rewards as well, but that won't be in Monthly Side Events. We recently released the Abyss of Legends, which has the most end game of rewards, but also know that it's not accessible to all of our Players at this time.

We have made great strides in upping the availability of 5-Star and 6-Star shards and Champions, but we won't take every event as an opportunity to hand them out. They're still rare resources, and you're going to have to work for them!

Unpopular opinion: I agree with Miike. I couldn't care less about AoE or Act 6. It is way beyond my league. But you don't see me going to the forums complaining about the lack of content for mid-game players. I simply accept Kabam needs to care about all players, regardless of progress. But the only real complaining happens by end-game players who feel they deserve a bigger piece of the cake.
    Uhhhhh every single piece on content in the game is there up to Act 6 and Abyss for mid game players.....

End game players are always looking for something new bc they literally have nothing else to do in the game....
    There's a thing called life where other human beings exist lmao
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    I'm still not understanding the out of balance Arena Objectives.

In the same month that players are able to sell their Namor's, an objective is for fighting Namor in Arena, which is usually based around player trios. If people have sold off any of their Namor options, that means the pool available to fight has shrunk.

Similarly, Deadpool has not been released as a 5 or 6-Star. He is only around as a paid for 2 or 3-Star, and a rare to earn 4-Star. The odds of seeing him outside this specific Arena are very unlikely, so the goal is greatly off.

The milestones for the Arena also do not reward excess playing, and the realistic reward of a 2 or 3-Star depending on the crystal also diminish any effort.

The objectives should have been for fighting outside of the Arena as well, like in Quests and even Duels (so that we could actually use these excess Duel credits that have no real value since Duel Events ceased). We could then find other AI Namors, Invisible Women, Mister Fantastics and Deadpools to fight.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★

Thank you for your feedback. I can see where some of this is coming from, and want to give you some insight into our decision making.

While we try our hardest to make sure that every player has content that they can find geared towards them, that is not going to be possible with every piece of content that is released.

Not every month's Side Event is going to have a 5-Star Awakening Gem or some high level/rarity items. Nor are the place to go for end game rewards. We're always adding more and more content for our end game players, and want to give more End Game rewards as well, but that won't be in Monthly Side Events. We recently released the Abyss of Legends, which has the most end game of rewards, but also know that it's not accessible to all of our Players at this time.

We have made great strides in upping the availability of 5-Star and 6-Star shards and Champions, but we won't take every event as an opportunity to hand them out. They're still rare resources, and you're going to have to work for them!

Unpopular opinion: I agree with Miike. I couldn't care less about AoE or Act 6. It is way beyond my league. But you don't see me going to the forums complaining about the lack of content for mid-game players. I simply accept Kabam needs to care about all players, regardless of progress. But the only real complaining happens by end-game players who feel they deserve a bigger piece of the cake.
    Uhhhhh every single piece on content in the game is there up to Act 6 and Abyss for mid game players.....

End game players are always looking for something new bc they literally have nothing else to do in the game....
    Yeah, my only other option is to literally pay $100's out of pocket to 100% Abyss. No thanks.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Ebbtide said:

In the same month that players are able to sell their Namor's, an objective is for fighting Namor in Arena, which is usually based around player trios. If people have sold off any of their Namor options, that means the pool available to fight has shrunk.

Similarly, Deadpool has not been released as a 5 or 6-Star. He is only around as a paid for 2 or 3-Star, and a rare to earn 4-Star. The odds of seeing him outside this specific Arena are very unlikely, so the goal is greatly off.

The milestones for the Arena also do not reward excess playing, and the realistic reward of a 2 or 3-Star depending on the crystal also diminish any effort.

The objectives should have been for fighting outside of the Arena as well, like in Quests and even Duels (so that we could actually use these excess Duel credits that have no real value since Duel Events ceased). We could then find other AI Namors, Invisible Women, Mister Fantastics and Deadpools to fight.

I haven't done the arena, but apparently there are special teams (Mojo Teams, just like Thanos or Kang Teams) that use these champions. Not sure how often they pop up, but seeing a lot of feedback that people finish the Arena and still have a bunch of objectives to do.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Ebbtide said:

Every match I have done so far has a special AI team with synergies, Deadpool has appeared for me more than half the time
  • ninexhelixninexhelix Posts: 136

This was my only real issue for this month. Everything else is just a little energy for some decent rewards given the time and difficulty. Could have done with a 5 star crystal instead of legendary for epic, and only got 4 stars from it and the master level reward, but oh well. Unfortunate, but expected since they're rng crystals. The thought of going beyond 800k for another 70+ rounds though, with no more milestones and no ranked rewards, just seems off putting. Even if i really, really wanted that avatar I'd be sacrificing time spent in other arenas acheiving milestones.
  • phil56201phil56201 Posts: 953 ★★★
    edited February 2020
    Timone147 said:

I hear the point on every month can’t be amazing for endgame players but I guess I disagree with the reasoning.

Why should some months should side quests feel like I’m making no real progress. The content I’m grinding is bringing me no where in reality and as a result more so we are doing it out of boredom verse excitement. The tiny glimmer of maybe something worthwhile is the only thing we have when doing that content even though we really no it’s going nowhere for us.

I hear you in abyss but we are not talking about the top of the top who feel like there getting nothing we are talking about those caught in between. Those that are tired of the boring monthly EQ with 2 year old rewards for us, the side quests that really don’t do a ton for us, all other options beside the worst of the worst content to work against that take such a grind investment to do.

On top of that many are eliminated from pursuing that grind on this content because they haven’t pulled the right few champs to make it reasonable out of the 150+ in game in the right Star variety.

It’s just feel slow and boring when you are basically done with gaining anything from quest content for your roster after a week or 2 into the month. Along with what you gain is small baby steps And that week or 2 of quests got you nothing to help clear content you are still working on.

This summarizes almost perfectly where Im at and how Im feeling in the game ATM. Everything ingame is either mostly done (variants, act 5), too easy(UC EQ's), or completely out of my reach(Act 6.2, AOL). Kind of directionless/no motivation for me. It's basically grind arena, AQ, or whatever side event happens to be on.

I think the most fun I ever had in the game was last summer. Taking on and 100%ing Act 5. Was thoroughly enjoyable in every way and the feeling of accomplishment was satisfying. But that's over now, and newer content becomes prohibitively difficult, and for me, it saps the enjoyment right out.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

There's a thing called life where other human beings exist lmao
    What does one have to do with the other?
  • But the only real complaining happens by end-game players who feel they deserve a bigger piece of the cake.

To be fair, this is cyclical. Sometimes it seems end game players are complaining there's nothing for them, and sometimes it is lower players complaining that everything is for them. They're just both wrong.
  • RNG rewards are the worst, why should some people get better rarity rewards than others for putting in the same effort and beating the same content?

Why should some people get better rewards just because they have more free time to play the game? Why should some people have a worse game experience just because they can't afford an expensive smartphone? We could solve both "problems" we could put low caps on the maximum amount of rewards you could earn and the maximum amount of content you can play per day (and in fact, energy mechanics partially do this now). And we could downgrade the graphics and complexity of the game until it could run on a calculator.

Every choice you make is only fair if you ignore all the people it disadvantages. Why do you get to jump ahead of others just by spending money? Why not just force everyone to spend the same amount and then everyone gets the same amount of stuff, turning the game into a subscription? Because those games just aren't as successful, and they don't attract as many players, so the game operators decide the free to play microtransaction model is fair enough: some people get to play for free, and in exchange some people get more stuff when they financially support the game. You either accept this situation as being fair enough, or you don't.

The rationale for random rewards is much longer, but it is there. But the short version is some people won't like it, and as a result some people won't play the game because of them. But enough people are fine with it and will play the game to make it successful. And that's why the game does it.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    edited February 2020
    I think the ideal content is where there's something for everyone.

A balanced event would have something for those endgame players and also good stuff for the midtier players. Now in that scenario, not everyone would be able to complete everything (which usually brings out a different type of griping), but that way, there's at least something for everyone to do.

The Deadpool side quest kinda has that (though the highest difficulty still lacks challenge for those with deep rosters), but the rest (arena and objectives) does not. And maybe that could have been scaled to include both progressing players, like a second arena that involves 5* & 6*s that have a bit spicier rewards.

In the end, not every month is a win, and this month *should* give me some time to catch up on some Variants, but we'll see if I just slack on the game instead.
  • There is a widening gap for the "near-end-game" player who can't grind arena for hours a day and who also can't spend a ton on the game. That's where I'm at, and, to me, it feels like I'm being left behind.

What do you suppose the state of the game would be if the people who were grinding way more than you and spending way more than you discovered that the gap between them and you was somehow closing rather than widening.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★

Ebbtide said:

I haven't done the arena, but apparently there are special teams (Mojo Teams, just like Thanos or Kang Teams) that use these champions. Not sure how often they pop up, but seeing a lot of feedback that people finish the Arena and still have a bunch of objectives to do.
    There are special teams, but not once have I had Namor, Invisible Woman or Mister Fantastic show on them. There's also 1 Deadpool on them, but only 1. By the time I would hit 800,000, I would not even be half-way to the Deadpool goal, nor would I have any reason to keep going for it. So 3 objectives I won't even be finishing, even after maxing out all of the milestones, and 2, by the current rate, will not even have any progress in them.

It's just a really poorly executed event...5 years in.

DNA3000 said:

There is a widening gap for the "near-end-game" player who can't grind arena for hours a day and who also can't spend a ton on the game. That's where I'm at, and, to me, it feels like I'm being left behind.

What do you suppose the state of the game would be if the people who were grinding way more than you and spending way more than you discovered that the gap between them and you was somehow closing rather than widening.
    You didn’t use a question mark, so I’m not going to answer you.

I’ll just say this.

I spend more money than F2P (I’ve likely dropped a few thousand over the course of 4 years) and average 2-3 hours on this game every day.

I’m not a whale and I’m not a grinder, but I do my part to keep this game alive and should not feel like I’m being left behind, as many others do. I run a 27M alliance and most of us feel the same way.

That doesn’t bode well for the state of the game and the slowly declining revenue numbers speak for themselves.
    If you play less and spend less, why should you not get left behind? That doesn't even make sense

If you play less and spend less, why should you not get left behind? That doesn't even make sense

I’m not saying I deserve to sit at the same table with the big-time grinders and the whales, but as a person who does spend a lot of time and money on this game, I can tell you that the further away that carrot gets, the more likely I’ll take my time and money elsewhere.

It’s not hard to understand.
    The only one letting the carrot get farther away is you so I'm not sure who you're mad at
    I really think a lot of player flew through Act 5 too quickly. With some of the current meta champs you can get one or two lucky pulls and cruise through it. Then you get to something like 6.2 where you can't ride 1 or 2 champs through the whole thing and all of a sudden you feel like it isn't fair when in reality you never had that time building up a solid enough roster to where you should even be there
  • That doesn’t bode well for the state of the game and the slowly declining revenue numbers speak for themselves.

That's MCOC's quarterly revenue, from the time Netmarble acquired them, as reported in Netmarble's financial statements, adjusted for estimated currency change during the quarter from dollars, in millions of dollars US per quarter. And yes, I believe the numbers do in fact speak for themselves. Assuming you look them up instead of make them up.

And in case you think I'm manipulating the numbers to make the revenue look better than it is, this is what the raw Korean won numbers look like without factoring in exchange rates:

I.e. anyone doing only a superficial analysis would see even better revenue growth than the more sideways revenue in the adjusted analysis. In any case, the game took in about 280 million USD in fiscal 2019, and about the same in fiscal 2018, and that seems to suggest the game has a reasonably bright future.

PS: Most of that money goes to Netmarble and Disney; Kabam isn't spending $280million to develop the game. Netmarble has to make back their $800 million investment and Disney almost certainly makes licensing fees that scale with revenue.
  • If you play less and spend less, why should you not get left behind? That doesn't even make sense

I’m not saying I deserve to sit at the same table with the big-time grinders and the whales, but as a person who does spend a lot of time and money on this game, I can tell you that the further away that carrot gets, the more likely I’ll take my time and money elsewhere.

It’s not hard to understand.
    You let us all know when you find someplace to put your time and money where the people who put in way more time and money don't pull away from you and they are all happy about it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    @addisonbassist @DNA3000 Sorry, but can you guys explain those charts a little simpler? I'm not really understanding what they're showing. Is Kabam losing revenue, keeping steady, or gaining?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

@addisonbassist @DNA3000 Sorry, but can you guys explain those charts a little simpler? I'm not really understanding what they're showing. Is Kabam losing revenue, keeping steady, or gaining?

There's a flux, but overall they haven't lost much revenue at all. All things considered.
This discussion has been closed.