**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Medusa - worst design of the game

TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
I don't know how Marvel agreed to that design of medusa...

Like she has sticks in her head, not hair

And the swords, who's idea is that ? Where does it come from ? Since when medusa uses swords ??

You could have done great things with her hair, like an armor, or anything, she doesn't need external tools to fight so why swords ???

Medusa - worst design of the game 70 votes

Yes
22%
ArtOfKhaosthetaman23DrOctavius2_2MadMarksJozielPNTKaldjmindblazerThatsausageXHans_GruberXdeadcrimeYasinKaty_CandyRavenrob_33SpiritOfVengeanceKenshioMethodicFiRe 16 votes
No
77%
GroundedWisdomRotmgmoddyMattyloMasterSmokeZeke_the_XbotSirnoobRomissyEb0ny-O-M4wRbvojtikClaytonOKAYGangStefffSpity68Viper1987YellsomeMillybearLosspikdangerblucymuller25Tortoig 54 votes

Comments

• Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Too early to tell. She wasn't what I expected though for sure. I was thinking snake hair and stun when she looks at you! Too much?
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    No
    Nope, I found her ok... far better than carbage =(
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    No
    Medusa looks cool. Nothing wrong with her.
    She seems to be a nice champ too
  • Options
    winniewinwinwinniewinwin Posts: 178
    They based her off of the new series on TV. The sword though is still a mystery
  • Options
    Yes
    Too early to tell. She wasn't what I expected though for sure. I was thinking snake hair and stun when she looks at you! Too much?

Why in the world would you think that ?
  • Options
    Bmf420Bmf420 Posts: 161
    I think she's fine the way she is but people will always find something ridiculous to complain about.
  • Options
    No
    TKal wrote: »

Greek mythology
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    No

Media's Greek turned people to stone guess he was going off that would've been kinda funny to see
  • Options
    Yes

Greek mythology
    Sirnoob wrote: »

Media's Greek turned people to stone guess he was going off that would've been kinda funny to see

But when you see medusa in MCOC, you don't expect the Greek goddess but the comic character medusa logically

• Options

Greek mythology.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medusa
  • Options
    No

Greek mythology

But when you see medusa in MCOC, you don't expect the Greek goddess but the comic character medusa logically

Well, Hercules is also in MCOC, and Thor with a look like in the mytholgy... it's not crazy to think about it :)
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    No

Greek mythology

Names u know some people get stuck on them
  • Options
    RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    No

Yea I expected the same, since her name is Medusa, so I thought she would be like the legendary Medusa in Greek mythology, with her snakes for hair and "I turn you into stone" vision.

But I forgot this is Marvel, not a generic combat game, so it follows her design in the comics. I have never seen Medusa prior to the reveal of her though.

In terms of her design, I guess she is fine for me. I prefer Kingpin's design though, he looks way more terrifying than Medusa.
  • Options
    Yes
    rrncc2ylar88.jpg

She looks like this in the comics.
    And she never used a sword
  • Options
    Yes

Greek mythology

Well, Hercules is also in MCOC, and Thor with a look like in the mytholgy... it's not crazy to think about it :)

So you don't get my point here
    Hercules isn't in MCOC.
    Medusa in the comics, doesn't match the medusa in the Greek mythology, so why would you expect that she would in the game ?

• Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    They gave her swords for bleed and armor breaks so she could feed Kingpin debuffs? Doesn't bother me either way, never seen her in comic form until this thread, and now that I have, I can only wonder how she handles having that much hair in day-to-day life. That is enough hair to pose a suffocation risk should she pass out drunk/take a benadryl, and good luck getting into the average car seat.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★

Maybe because the Medusa everyone knows has snakes for her hair, and turns you to stone when looks into your eyes... that is actually a cool idea the parry thing haha
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    No
    I don't see where the sword that her hair uses is going when it is not in use

Oh you don't wanna know, lol.
  • Options
    Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★

Greek mythology

Hercules isn't in MCOC.
    Medusa in the comics, doesn't match the medusa in the Greek mythology, so why would you expect that she would in the game ?

I think it was a joke.
  • Options
    No
    Jon8299 wrote: »

Greek mythology

Hercules isn't in MCOC.

I think it was a joke.

It sounded funnier in my head...
  • Options
    IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    No
    Maybe they are designing her to look like the new version for the television show.
  • Options
    I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    I think she looks like the Rogue's twin.

She's not the worst design, there are worse and she doesn't look so bad.
    About the swords, you should know it's a miracle Hulk has not swords too.
    Maybe she doesn't use more the hair because they didn't want worries so much animating it. Sad.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    No
    I love her.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    I want to vote on the poll, but I'm not that familiar with the character.

She actually looks pretty cool just in terms of in game animations. They could have done more with her hair, but I don't hate the design or anything.

They used the tentacle animation effect for her hair (as they did with Carnage and Doc Oc) and it's just possible that it isn't equipped to handle multiple strands of hair.
  • Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Kenshio wrote: »
    medusa with swords ... lol
    its like hulk with pistol :))
    good and stupid design

Lol. Just wanted to say, Joe Fixit.

Hulk with tommy guns amirite?
  • Options

Greek mythology

It really wasn't meant to be that serious but nevertheless I AM familiar with the Greek Mythology and not the Marvel version so it is what I thought of anyways.
  • Options
    xxsse7ks6syt.png
  • Options
    JozielPNJozielPN Posts: 95
    Yes
    I really didn't like the swords at all, her hair is tougher than steel already, no need for swords.