**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gold problem

Comments

• MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★

If Johnny Appleseed puts in more hours than me on the job site and earns more money, he's going to have a financial advantage over me. I can't expect my boss to counteract that.

When you have different ratings on rewards this theory doesn’t hold. Player A and player B could both be grinding arena equally, buy the same amount of arena crystals, or say they spend units on the same amount of gold crystals. Player A gets 100.000 gold, while player B gets 50.000. You say that’s fair?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    edited February 2020

What gold problem? I've been stuck around 90m for months now. Did an AoL run and ranked up 2 6*s + 2 5* to R5 in this period.

(I don’t buy cav crystals.)
    edited February 2020
    Mike192 said:

If Johnny Appleseed puts in more hours than me on the job site and earns more money, he's going to have a financial advantage over me. I can't expect my boss to counteract that.

Exactly and thats why balancing out that advantage by doing all arena and acquiring a similar amount of gold is a good alternative. But that doesn't work right now, thanks Kabam for fixing that.
    It does. Just happens that some people overspend all their savings at once because of a sudden burst of rank up resources due to new content being introduced.

Over time you'll just accrue enough gold as you run into rank up material shortages, get new content introduced, complete/explore it, and finish up your saved gold with the sudden increase in rank up materials. It's just a cycle, unless you have had time to slowly rank up all the existing champs over years of playing.

(Anyway, a big source of gold is actually 4*s. Every single 4* I open is almost guaranteed a dupe which gives me ISO to sell. Every day I'm selling chunks of them in the 100ks.)
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

I don't understand how people don't get this. Spending time in Arena already provides such a great advantage;
    New Champions - You get to use them much earlier than most of the playerbase
    Units - Battlechips give units you can use to clear content which rewards shards, resources etc for progression
    Gold - You can get massive amounts which you use for rankup.. also for progression
    AQ - Because you have battlechips and gold you can donate freely for higher level maps to get resources also for progression. You aren't losing out on other resources like loyalty that people trade for gold donations so you can buy what ever boost you like (loyalty store) which also means you are more likely to perform better in AW
    ISO - Premium hero shards and duping champs gives variety of iso for more efficient rankup

All these advantages you already have but you don't want other players to get an increase in gold? Whether you have 90M or 200M gold an extra 5M which would make a difference for non-arena/non-spender would be meaningless to you. These players are already lacking progression from soo many avenues but you don't want them to have an extra rankup? From gold nonetheless, not like catalysts or shards

That's not an unfair advantage. That's called earnings.

gohard123 said:

I don't understand how people don't get this. Spending time in Arena already provides such a great advantage;
    Units - Battlechips give units you can use to clear content which rewards shards, resources etc for progression
    Gold - You can get massive amounts which you use for rankup.. also for progression
    AQ - Because you have battlechips and gold you can donate freely for higher level maps to get resources also for progression. You aren't losing out on other resources like loyalty that people trade for gold donations so you can buy what ever boost you like (loyalty store) which also means you are more likely to perform better in AW
    ISO - Premium hero shards and duping champs gives variety of iso for more efficient rankup

All these advantages you already have but you don't want other players to get an increase in gold? Whether you have 90M or 200M gold an extra 5M which would make a difference for non-arena/non-spender would be meaningless to you. These players are already lacking progression from soo many avenues but you don't want them to have an extra rankup? From gold nonetheless, not like catalysts or shards

Did I say it was unfair?
    No, but implying they have an advantage and something needs to be added to balance that implies it. People Grind for it. That's why. They earn it.
    I didn’t imply any of that. Arena is a good system that offers many advantages. What I am saying is that it shouldn’t be the only system. Just like how AQ is the main source of rank up resources, glory store is another source that isn’t quite up to AQ but it is complementary to AQ. Doesn’t take away from number 1 AQ, the t5b fragments don’t mean anything to number 1 but sure does to number 1500.
    Mike192 said:

xNig said:

Mike192 said:

Exactly and thats why balancing out that advantage by doing all arena and acquiring a similar amount of gold is a good alternative. But that doesn't work right now, thanks Kabam for fixing that.
    It does. Just happens that some people overspend all their savings at once because of a sudden burst of rank up resources due to new content being introduced.

Over time you'll just accrue enough gold as you run into rank up material shortages, get new content introduced, complete/explore it, and finish up your saved gold with the sudden increase in rank up materials. It's just a cycle, unless you have had time to slowly rank up all the existing champs over years of playing.

(Anyway, a big source of gold is actually 4*s. Every single 4* I open is almost guaranteed a dupe which gives me ISO to sell. Every day I'm selling chunks of them in the 100ks.)
    I almost never sell ISO because I was short on them a few times. I also all arenas except 3* yet at times I had to skip the 22H lvl up event. With 25% boost in gold acquisition (which is likely boost after the updates) I would be in a better spot. Dont forget the map 6 and 7 donations too.
    Yeah. I run 666x5 and donate double gold every week, that’s about 520k weekly. Still at an equilibrium with regards to gold.

Nowadays I do 1.5m / 4m / 7.5m for arenas. Lazy to do too much. Lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

Did I say it was unfair?
    No, but implying they have an advantage and something needs to be added to balance that implies it. People Grind for it. That's why. They earn it.
    I didn’t imply any of that. Arena is a good system that offers many advantages. What I am saying is that it shouldn’t be the only system. Just like how AQ is the main source of rank up resources, glory store is another source that isn’t quite up to AQ but it is complementary to AQ. Doesn’t take away from number 1 AQ, the t5b fragments don’t mean anything to number 1 but sure does to number 1500.
    Perhaps, but that system needs to take as much time and effort to accumulate to be fair. The Arena takes time to Grind and accumulate Gold. People want Gold Realm because it's a few clicks and a large amount of Gold. Meanwhile, others are putting time and effort in to accumulate it and save it. No matter how you approach it, it takes time to make and time to save.

When you have different ratings on rewards this theory doesn’t hold. Player A and player B could both be grinding arena equally, buy the same amount of arena crystals, or say they spend units on the same amount of gold crystals. Player A gets 100.000 gold, while player B gets 50.000. You say that’s fair?
    Gold Crystals are a horrible way to acquire a large amount of Gold. They add up and contribute to the pot, but they're not a dependable source of income.
    Mike192 said:

So explain to me how people Grind the Arena on a moderate basis and have Millions stored, and others keep running out? If it's not working, no one would have Gold, and that's not the case.
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Mike192 said:

xNig said:

Mike192 said:

I almost never sell ISO because I was short on them a few times. I also all arenas except 3* yet at times I had to skip the 22H lvl up event. With 25% boost in gold acquisition (which is likely boost after the updates) I would be in a better spot. Dont forget the map 6 and 7 donations too.
    Yeah. I run 666x5 and donate double gold every week, that’s about 520k weekly. Still at an equilibrium with regards to gold.

How many hours of arena per day is that?
    Thecurler said:

xNig said:

Mike192 said:

xNig said:

Mike192 said:

Really doesn't take many to do a few Milestones in each Arena per day. 2, maybe 3 at most?
  • Snizzbar said:

DNA3000 said:

If you're stopping at exactly the last 4* basic milestone (1.5 million), I would consider pushing just a few rounds more to snag the basic champ. The basic 4* will generally be a dup, and that's 24 big ISO bricks. That's quite a bit of gold twice a week. A tier 5 ISO brick sells for 2500 gold, times 24 is 60k gold. 60k gold twice a week times four weeks is almost half a million gold a month. For an average of 300k more points in that arena, that's a big chunk of gold within reach (if you aren't doing that already and only hitting the milestones as mentioned).

Sorry, but that's terrible advice because it's just wrong. Basic 4* awards just 1 signature level to your 4* if you dupe him, and no iso or anything else. You sure post a lot to not know that.
    He said 24 ISO bricks, not Sig levels.
    You don't get ISO from a Basic arena champ dupe...
    I stand corrected: it has been a while since I've looked carefully at basic dups. In general I get a ton of gold from selling ISO from duplicating champs, but I forgot you don't get those resources from basic champ dups.
  • MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
    edited February 2020

Gold Crystals are a horrible way to acquire a large amount of Gold. They add up and contribute to the pot, but they're not a dependable source of income.

Still, you should see my point (which isn’t whether gold crystals are bad or good). The same goes for arena crystals, for example. I can grind exactly as much as you and purchase the same stuff and still get a different reward.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Mike192 said:

Thecurler said:

xNig said:

Mike192 said:

xNig said:

Mike192 said:

Really doesn't take many to do a few Milestones in each Arena per day. 2, maybe 3 at most?
    Takes around 4-5H a day including AW/AQ/EQ easily.
    Do you run suicides? Speeds up the process considerably.

Personally I think I grind arena for just under an hour a day, and by the end of the 3-day cycle that’s enough for the 4* basic and 5* featured milestones. I don’t bother with the rest.

I wouldn’t say that I’m flushed with gold though, it comes and goes depending on my monthly rankups.
    Mike192 said:

Thecurler said:

xNig said:

Mike192 said:

xNig said:

Mike192 said:

Takes around 4-5H a day including AW/AQ/EQ easily.
    If you're doing a few Milestones a day in each Arena, it doesn't take that long.
    Mike192 said:

Mike192 said:

So explain to me how people Grind the Arena on a moderate basis and have Millions stored, and others keep running out? If it's not working, no one would have Gold, and that's not the case.
    Easy, they buy cavs. Almost all players who have over 10M in gold at all times buy a lot of cavs and sell ISO. That is pretty evident. And then they grind arena too for extra units (and gold).
    It doesn't take Gold to buy Cavs. If you're Ranking it all as it drops, that'll do it.
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    Oh geez you 5 year players and your first world problems. "you MEAN I GOTTA RUN ARENA" "I need to fully rank a5 star per week".

Pls tell me more.
  • HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
    edited July 2021
    Gold is still a problem if you don't play Arena everyday...like me.
    Early player here with 2m account. I retired for burn out already once and don't want to go down that route again. Now back after 9 months and enjoying several improvements in the game, related to game quality-of-life especially!

I like how other resources are becoming more available through different ways...it would be amazing to see some creative solution to gain gold...I'm full of catalysts and no gold to rank/level up

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,765 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

XAMA said:

Early player here with 2m account. I retired for burn out already once and don't want to go down that route again. Now back after 9 months and enjoying several improvements in the game, related to game quality-of-life especially!

I like how other resources are becoming more available through different ways...it would be amazing to see some creative solution to gain gold...I'm full of catalysts and no gold to rank/level up

@ "Kabam Miike" @ "Kabam Vydious"

Bruh
    Hey, 5 months old thread necro is far better than what we've seen before.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Kill_Grey said:

XAMA said:

@ "Kabam Miike" @ "Kabam Vydious"

Bruh
    Hey, 5 months old thread necro is far better than what we've seen before.
    +12 months.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,212 ★★★★★
    Oooh, A Feb 2020 Gold problem post.
    I must have commented on it..😬
    Wont bother to find my comment tho... Lol