**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quake pros please help

Hi guys. After a long time of MLLLM combos, I think it’s time to improve my gameplay with champs asking for a different approach. So I’m now determined to master Quake (or die trying).
I got the basic technique: hold heavy, keep adding aftershocks, wait for auto-evade of first attack, parry/evade and repeat. So far so good. But what am I missing? There’s common agreement on Quake being a difficult champ to play, yet this looks pretty easy.
And another question regarding her sig ability: agreement seems to be not really worthy, ok for defense, useless for attack. However, if you can block up to over 30% dmg with high sig, together with 59% base block proficiency, that makes it 90%, which sounds great. Especially with the hold heavy-evade-parry technique, which implies a considerable amount of chip damage. Again, what am I missing?
I’ve read forums and found nothing and watched vidz, but didn’t find them very clarifying. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I get you. I kept seeing everyone say that Quake is the hardest champ to master, so I got worried just to personally find it easy. It's all about what you are and aren't good at. A lot of people find her timing hard. That being said, I've yet to master Ghost. Again, it's all about the person. And about the sig ability, perfect Quake gameplay means you'll evade instead of Parry. With that strategy, the sig ability is pretty useless.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    You're not really missing anything. I think the hardest thing about quake is getting timing down for different opponents.

Some people attack slow while others fast and your dex/heavy timing has to change slightly. Just takes practice, but it's not hard.

Just start trying quake and shake exclusively. I can't think of any situation where quake and bake is better so the sooner you can start shaking the better.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 942 ★★★
    What you're describing is Quake and Bake, evade, parry, heavy, repeat. No, you're not missing anything. However, Quake and Shake involves no parrying and thus no chip damage from block. This is the technique used by pros in difficult content or with tricky nodes e.g stun immune. It requires a lot more knowledge about multi-hit heavies and medium combo endings.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Quake is a difficult champ, for other chanps you parry or intercept and land a combo, so each individual attack if the opponent countered you get lots of damage in, for quake you’re having to dodge large amounts of attacks to get damage in, earher than 1, leaving more room for error, additionally there will be times where you’re dodging for 5-6 seconds straight, a slip of the finger means you take hits. Also you can’t be too last or too slow dexing, if you’re too fast the game may register it as dropping your heavy and you’ll throw it miss and get hit

In terms of her sig, the damage reduction doesn’t seem all that prevalent, might be damage you take after standard block reduction is taken off or something to do with diminishing returns, and when you master true quake and dex you don’t block anyway, in terms of defence the damage back is too low to be threatening
  • McFernieMcFernie Posts: 80
    Crystal clear, thank you all.
  • GkeveryGkevery Posts: 31
    Shes not a “hard” champ to use, if you can quake and bake (heavy, parry, heavy)

where the finess comes in is stun immune champs, i personally use quake for korg alot. so the evades grant him unstoppable/unblockable.

google Dork Lessons, quake gameplay. like his takedown on 6.2.6 champ boss. that requires a good timing and comfort with quake.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

I get you. I kept seeing everyone say that Quake is the hardest champ to master, so I got worried just to personally find it easy. It's all about what you are and aren't good at. A lot of people find her timing hard. That being said, I've yet to master Ghost. Again, it's all about the person. And about the sig ability, perfect Quake gameplay means you'll evade instead of Parry. With that strategy, the sig ability is pretty useless.

This is exactly my experience. I mastered ghost and pulled quake, so I started learning her, and I found it was pretty easy
    It really is just different for everyone and how fast they learn it
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    Playing Quake without blocking is the hard thing. Also insanely satisfying when you nail it.