**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

weapon x "trophy champ"? one of the worst defenders?

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
his abilities for defense are insane and just by the synergies it hints its gonna be a trophy champ

in the past trophy champs have been made not very powerful
this lets other players stay up to date with these champs even if we can't fight them or use them day to day
but with finally a trophy champ who is gonna be a real pain on defense how are we supposed to get used to fighting him.

I dont understand whether even if the heal block debuff will work or not but he seems like really overpowered on defense with a lot of ability to regen which forget making it reverse we might not even be able to stop it at all without poison champs?

I am fine with him being a trophy champ. would have liked it if he was not because we still dont have logan as a 5* character
only worried about how to get used to fighting this guy who we might see on defense in war

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They indicated that this would be the first opportunity to get him, but not the last. So he will likely show up again.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

They indicated that this would be the first opportunity to get him, but not the last. So he will likely show up again.

Im gonna assume he'll ethier be in this gifting event or the very next one as a reward/crystal drop

Im gonna assume he'll ethier be in this gifting event or the very next one as a reward/crystal drop
    Perhaps, could be the Abyss follow-up too.
  • I dont understand whether even if the heal block debuff will work or not but he seems like really overpowered on defense with a lot of ability to regen which forget making it reverse we might not even be able to stop it at all without poison champs?

Three ways to counter Weapon-X's passive regeneration:

1. Poison will lower the regeneration strength (effects like Petrify won't).

2. Heal block will stop all regeneration (explicitly stated in the spotlight)

3. Damage over time effects. Weapon-X doesn't regenerate the damage from these, only the damage from direct attacks.

Also, if awakened Weapon-X will start with a regeneration buff, and as that's a buff it can be countered by things like buff nullification.

One other thing the spotlight implies is that when berserk ends all regeneration passives are lost, and regeneration passives heal over five seconds. So attacks you land near the end of the berserk mode won't fully regenerate.
    These are binary effects, Weapon X gains all of them the moment he goes Berserk, and loses all of them the moment Berserk ends. So keep in mind this means any pending Regeneration will be lost.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    For a second I thought you meant that Weapon X is a bad defender.

I can put it simply: I hope I don't meet him as a boss anywhere.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    he wont be that bad, just wont be fun for ghost
  • For a second I thought you meant that Weapon X is a bad defender.

I can put it simply: I hope I don't meet him as a boss anywhere.

It is hard to say. It looks dangerous on the surface, and anything with unstoppable and unblockable can get nasty, but berserk has a pretty long cooldown (20 seconds) which means you'll likely have thirty seconds or more in between berserks (including the rage ramp up). Unstoppable can be slowed. DoT can kill him without being healed. Void and Omega might be interesting choices to try to kill him with the least amount of hits using mostly degen (I'm not sure how Quake would do, as Quake's aftershock effects might cause him to stack up rage fast). Archangel might also be a good choice: a lot of DoT, and I think Neurotoxin should work against Weapon X's healing (it stops healing rather than modifies the healing strength, although I'm not 100% certain about that one). AA might be able to kill him before he gets too many rage charges.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★
    Slow debuff can counter his unstoppable. So SG and Shulk will work against him.
  • FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Djin said:

Slow debuff can counter his unstoppable. So SG and Shulk will work against him.

They don't have a way to deal with his regeneration though, he's immune to petrify. It's gonna be a long and messy fight.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Spider-Gwen’s sp3 adds extra burst damage that won’t be regenerated, so she’s still a viable counter
  • Darksun987Darksun987 Posts: 83
    Random unstoppable unblockable damage because you hit him. Cool cool.
    edited February 2020

when he hits 25 or uses sp3 so not exactly random
    Random as in its random bs theyre putting in the game to sell revives. Not random as in you can't figure out when its going to happen. All hits unblockable is not something anyone should have unless you have to mess up to make it happen. And I'm sure yada yada trophy rare watch him be in 5 events this year.
  • Secret_GamerSecret_Gamer Posts: 348 ★★

Random as in its random bs theyre putting in the game to sell revives. Not random as in you can't figure out when its going to happen. All hits unblockable is not something anyone should have unless you have to mess up to make it happen. And I'm sure yada yada trophy rare watch him be in 5 events this year.
    Well, as long as he doesn't have bad animations to evade, fully unblockable won't be that much of a pain.

I'm more frightened of potential nodes he could be placed on.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    I'm excited about him even if hes a trophy champ. His abilities look pretty cool. He has plenty of counters for defense.
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Only a very few people will get him. Not really worth getting excited or worried for

Unblockable is a step in growing past relying on Parry. Dex is a useful tool.
    edited February 2020

I'm going to just best him with Quake. He gains charges but no true sight so you can presumably quake and shake him during that phase. I know how to dex. Doesn't mean I don't know a scummy move when I see it.

I'm going to just best him with Quake. He gains charges but no true sight so you can presumably quake and shake him during that phase. I know how to dex. Doesn't mean I don't know a scummy move when I see it.
    I don't see it as scummy. If we always play the same way, we never grow or learn.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Who cares! Less than .0001% of the player base will have him. Quit bickering.

Who cares! Less than .0001% of the player base will have him. Quit bickering.

You don't think he will be in the monthly quests? Wager?
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Bleed DOT does 50% less damage but there r other DOT. I see OR being good against him, maybe.