**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Warlock Special Attack 3 Power Burn

Power burn on his SP3 seems to have a short delay before taking effect. The AI manages to launch their own SP3 and kill you before it starts burning any power. In any difficult game mode, quests. 

https://youtu.be/4k_tThAQgC0?t=256

( At 4:15 )

Comments

• Clarkkent76Clarkkent76 Posts: 282
    It's always been that way. This is by design I'm afraid.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

It's always been that way. This is by design I'm afraid.

I can't speak to Warlock, but Omega has always been able to drain power before the enemy could launch an L3 before a recent update changed this interaction. I would imagine that Warlock would work the same way, but I never tested this before the update changed the Omega Red interaction.
  • jay_says_hijay_says_hi Posts: 22
    edited February 2020
    Recently pulled Warlock and immediately noticed this issue. His abilities description does not indicate that the power burn should be delayed in any way. Spreading out any amount of power drain over 5.5 seconds should still bring an enemy below 3 bars of power immediately. Special 3 attacks frequently push opponents to their own special 3 in regular gameplay (not to mention as a result of increased power gain nodes, strike back, etc.), which is why there is value in having a power drain mechanic be a part of a champion’s sp3 toolkit. I do not believe this is working as the developers originally intended.

(I’ve seen people referring to “ticks” of power drain elsewhere on the forums, and want to point out that while damage and other effects are displayed in half-second ticks in the game, that is not the only unit of time that game calculations occur in.)

@Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Miike any chance you can get an explanation from the dev team on why Warlocks’s special 3 power drain would function any differently than Omega Red’s? I know OR’s has been brought up in other posts, but want to make sure the behavior of both champion’s special 3’s is being looked at for patching.
  • Hey there, the team is currently taking a look into this.
  • AgresssorAgresssor Posts: 251 ★★
    News ?

Are y'all fixing this? Seems that having some consitency around these types of abilities would be ideal.

They fixed Omega Red but they forgot Warlock
  • buffajrbuffajr Posts: 413 ★★
    Just had this happen to me in AW, no bueno. I know it worked upon his initial release so not sure why he was adjusted.
  • Warlock's case is a bit different than Omega Red's and while we are still looking into it, it will take longer than the quicker resolution we're able to do for Omega Red.

Warlock's case is a bit different than Omega Red's and while we are still looking into it, it will take longer than the quicker resolution we're able to do for Omega Red.

How much time will it take? Next update ?
    News ?
  • LJFLJF Posts: 170 ★★★
    It would be very helpful to know if this fix will be implemented any time soon. The longer the uncertainty lasts, the more difficult it becomes to make rank up decisions with finite resources. Can we please know when this bug will be resolved?
  • The team is still working on this; when we have more information to share, we'll be sure to let everyone know.
    News ?