**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank up?!?! 5 star r4 or 4 star r5?

Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★
I have an Elektra r3 unduped 5 star. I also have a r4 four star gwenpool. Is elektra worth the r4 unduped? Or should I spend my skill t4 cats on gwenpool. I have dw maxed and assassins will be soon. I'm leaning towards Elektra as that is the direction the game is going however would love to hear others thoughts and what they would do. Thank you for you time and thoughts.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    It all depends on what you are looking to do, I suppose. They're both good Attackers. If you're going for higher content, Elektra would be good, but I think GP is a good all-round Attacker.
  • Ascoop24Ascoop24 Posts: 128 ★★★
    It all depends on what you are looking to do, I suppose. They're both good Attackers. If you're going for higher content, Elektra would be good, but I think GP is a good all-round Attacker.

I'm going for more higher content trying to 100 percent act 5.2 and finish rttl. Then work on lol. I have a 4 star maxed star lord to help with lol but ik I need more help then just him.
    Ascoop24 wrote: »

I'm going for more higher content trying to 100 percent act 5.2 and finish rttl. Then work on lol. I have a 4 star maxed star lord to help with lol but ik I need more help then just him.

Definitely Elektra.
    Thank you!!!
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    Never ever!! rank an unduped 5* to rank 4

That's not a very sound rule because many Champs are useful Unduped. Some would be waiting months.

Yep your right, I r4 my Mordo and he wasn't duped. Still majorly useful though and is now duped btw
  • saimsaim Posts: 18
    electra
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Elektra doesn't need to be duped to be ranked at a high level, especially if you have Assassin.
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    Elektra doesn't need to be duped to be ranked at a high level, especially if you have Assassin.

I have 3 points in assassins will be saving for the final 2 soon
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    I would take gwenpool and not even think about it, the prestige with 4/55 elektra will be a disaster unless you dupe her. You only get 3 4/55 at the moment so i wouldn't rank up ANYONE upduped (possible except to ultron and iceman)
    The OP is focusing on Utility, not Prestige. At least from what I'm gathering.
  • Is she at least worth r3 unduped?

It doesn't matter, you still have to factor that in. If he's thinking about a 4/55 he's not a newbie. Also, gwenpool is considerably better than elektra so the gap between them isn't THAT big (obviously 4/55 is better then 5/50).
    I love her at r3. Her bleed is nice. The defensive ability reduction is awesome and she packs a mean punch. But trying to do harder content in the game it seems that the use of skill t4cc would be best spent on 5 stars rather then 4 stars. My main thought was that a 5/50 won't help me as much as a 4/55 would.
    It not about whether she is good or not it's losing the 4 t2a on a low prestige champion with no certainty on when she can grow.

T2 alphas are gonna be more available though, F prestige that ruins the game. Just rank who you like
    If the OP doesn't care for prestige or has pretige covered then Elektra is a great choice.

One day Kabam might abolish Prestige and come up with something new.

I rank who I want and am not stressed about prestige. I'm thinking of taking my Wolverine to rank 5 over the other mutants I have cause I use him the most and he's the most helpful for me.
    I love her at r3. Her bleed is nice. The defensive ability reduction is awesome and she packs a mean punch. But trying to do harder content in the game it seems that the use of skill t4cc would be best spent on 5 stars rather then 4 stars. My main thought was that a 5/50 won't help me as much as a 4/55 would.

Ya that's all correct, you'd be helping yourself short term at the cost of future prestige basically (thus lower future AQ rewards). I personally wouldn't rank up an unduped 5 star to rank 4 for that reason, even as T2A are theoretically more available, getting 4 is a ton.

They're both strong Attackers. For the content you've described, Elektra is the better option. Both for RTTL and 5.2. I have GP at R5 and she's amazing, but it's more useful to have an R4 5* in this case. Prestige is only a factor depending on the requirements your Ally has, as it is used to chase AQ Rewards. If it's Utility you need, Elektra would be the way to go for your goals.
    Wolverine is an absolute machine, he can basically do anything. Unless it's a bleed/poison path with healblock on, but I love my wolvie
    It not about whether she is good or not it's losing the 4 t2a on a low prestige champion with no certainty on when she can grow.

T2 alphas are gonna be more available though, F prestige that ruins the game. Just rank who you like

I never thought i'd care about prestige either and have never ranked up anyone for it, but it does make a difference. Ranking who you like is always a good way to go though.
    Is she at least worth r3 unduped?

Yes
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★

5* mordo, gwenpool, iceman, ghostrider, crossbones, nightcrawler, rogue, hyperion, hood, agent venom, x-23,quake, angela, stark spidey, yondu, ultron and more are all worth and have been brought to rank 4 unduped. Even top tier players have unduped 5 stars at rank 4 like gwenpool and iceman
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I would never waste t2a on unduped champs- stark spider is prob the only exception.

At the level of OP u should be able to do road with 4* champs pretty easy. Rank GP as useful at that level
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    danielmath wrote: »

It doesn't matter, you still have to factor that in. If he's thinking about a 4/55 he's not a newbie. Also, gwenpool is considerably better than elektra so the gap between them isn't THAT big (obviously 4/55 is better then 5/50).

That really depends on the champ. With dw and assassin r5 gp is a freaking beast and will bleed a beatch out asap, not to mention her stun ability and crazy specials. Electra has nothing on gp. I would take gp to 5/50 over elektra 4/55 anyday.
  • unknownunknown Posts: 378
    Sungj wrote: »

5* mordo, gwenpool, iceman, ghostrider, crossbones, nightcrawler, rogue, hyperion, hood, agent venom, x-23,quake, angela, stark spidey, yondu, ultron and more are all worth and have been brought to rank 4 unduped. Even top tier players have unduped 5 stars at rank 4 like gwenpool and iceman

you forgot 5* drax, who is a beast and mordo killer and has a 6 hit combo, and doesnt need to be duped.