**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Almost done with full exploration of all Variants! I feel that this is an achievement in game.

gadgetfanaticgadgetfanatic Posts: 326
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
Thanks for all the tips and guides.

I learned a lot. I mastered quake and shake, stepback intercept and the corner heavy spam methods. I saw the ideal champ counters to some nodes and/or workaround them.

Other things on my checklist are 6.3 & 6.4 completion, act 6 exploration, LOL exploration, AOL completion and exploration. I still got a long way to go on end game content.

I'll check Los for Mercs event before finishing up on variant 1. I am hoping for a +gold buff like last time.

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    Congrats! Variant 1 remains unfinished for me.

I realize there are several resources out there, but you should consider a primer on which teams/champs you used for Variant 1. I think it is still the most commonly incomplete Variant for most players.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    All thats left is Act 6 for me. Variant 1 was a nightmare. I finished that about 2 months ago 🤣
  • Options
    Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    I'm also taking baby steps for V1. Hopefully i will get it done before 2021!
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I have all the Variants except for Variant 1 done and dusted. I think I'll give it a shot after I finished Act 6 Exploration (just 6.3 and 6.4 left!). Either that or I'll 100% Labyrinth, I haven't decided yet.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    It is some pretty neat. Until variant 5+ drop then it's back to square one lol.
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Everybody gangsta until Kabam drops another variant more harder than the abyss
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    JtheGoat said:

Wow good stuff man. I almost finished all variants aswell, just need #3. Variant 1 is a b*tch unless you have the right champs but after its all done you feel relief.

Do you mean V3? it is loads better than V1. :)

V3 was the first one I did granted that I had many high level tech champs already.

Do take advantage of the buff your team gets for having a tech stacked team. Just bring along as 3-4 high level tech champs in your team and your good to go.

my 6s 2/35 sentinel, 6s 2/35 pun2099 and 6s 1/25 RR were great. And if i am also correct, corner heavy spam using doc ock (mine was only 3/45 unduped) with caiw tech synergy is worked wonders for some paths as well.

good luck and just take your time with it. have fun playing. :)
  • Options
    DrZola said:

I realize there are several resources out there, but you should consider a primer on which teams/champs you used for Variant 1. I think it is still the most commonly incomplete Variant for most players.

Dr. Zola

I understand why that remains unfinished for you. V1 costed me the most energy refills / rev / pots / boosts the most.

V1 also had the most requirements from all the variants. you really need to plan ahead and check out the paths you want to take for each run, carefully picking the best suited champs. googling for the guides, tips and youtube vids from the community helped so much.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

I understand why that remains unfinished for you. V1 costed me the most energy refills / rev / pots / boosts the most.

V1 also had the most requirements from all the variants. you really need to plan ahead and check out the paths you want to take for each run, carefully picking the best suited champs. googling for the guides, tips and youtube vids from the community helped so much.
    Absolutely. I’ve been scouting around and toying with the right combinations.

But another aspect of Variant 1 (and a not insignificant one) is simply this: it really isn’t a lot of fun.

Other variants provide opportunities for less-utilized champs to shine (XLs like King Groot, Venom, Kingpin or a slate of techs or 1/2/3*’s). Variant 1 feels like it was put together by the same guy who thought the Maze was a good idea.

Dr. Zola