**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Abbreviations

Is there a list of abbreviations used on this forum?

It took me months to learn that HE stands for Hawkeye (I used to think it was Hyperion, but the comments didn't make sense).

Who is AV, for example?

Comments

• NEONEO Posts: 347
    Agent Venom
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited August 2017
    Someone did this before in the old forum. For whatever reason even though it was stickied there they didn't post it here.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Spark or Sparky is Stark Enhanced Spider-man
    SM Spider-man
    DS Doctor Strange
    Mags Magneto
    BPCW Black Panther Civil War
    CA or Cappy Captain America
    CA WW2 The better Captain America
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    The harder Abbreviations are for single name characters I think. Like Hawkeye, as the OP mentioned, Hyperion, or Ultron.

Some are abbreviations and others are more like acronyms so it can be tough to figure out which is being used.
    Ex: "TH" could be an abbreviation for "Thor" or an acronym for The Hulk
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Then there are various nicknames. Guillie (some spell it Guilly, but I'm an English buff), is Guillotine. Archie is what I call Archangel. Dorm or Dormie is self-explanatory.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    The harder Abbreviations are for single name characters I think. Like Hawkeye, as the OP mentioned, Hyperion, or Ultron.

Some are abbreviations and others are more like acronyms so it can be tough to figure out which is being used.
    Ex: "TH" could be an abbreviation for "Thor" or an acronym for The Hulk

No one I know calls hulk or thor TH. They are simply Thor and hulk

It's a good point. Now that you mention it they are usually posted as you said.

Still, unless it is one of the more common ones, it can take me a minute to figure out who someone is referencing as I go through the marvel catalog of champions inside my head for a match.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    I think the only double is IM (Iceman and Iron Man). Pretty amazing that they avoided duplicates for this long considering how many alliterations are used in comic book names.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,723 ★★★★★
    IHWTMST- I have way too much spare time

Awesome !
  • So what’s Abbreviation HHBC.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Hulk
    Rulk (red)
    Shulk (she)
    Gulk (Gladiator)
    Jane (Foster)
    AoU/AUV (age of Ultron vision)
    Vision (classic)
    SM (Spidey Classic)
    SYM (black suit Spider-Man)
    MM/Miles (Miles Morales)
    KK (Kamala KHAAAN)
    HE/Hawk (Hawkeye)
    Ice (iceman)
    IM (iron man)
    Thor (classic)
    Rag (Thor Ragnorok)
    IM-IW (iron Man Infinity War)
    CA (classic captain America)
    WW2/WWII (wwii captain America)
    CAIW (captain America infinity war)
    Marvel (one of the Carol Danvers)
    Jugg/Juggs/juggy (Juggernaut)
    Hype (Hyperion)
    BB (Black Bolt)
    Red/white mag(s) (respective Magneto)
    AA (energizer bunny) (I mean Archangel)
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I wish people would stop using these abbreviations... With the number of champs, some of them are just stupidly difficult to realize which champion it means. I came across MS for instance, who is MS short form for?

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    I wish people would stop using these abbreviations... With the number of champs, some of them are just stupidly difficult to realize which champion it means. I came across MS for instance, who is MS short form for?
    Its just to make things easier

Morningstar,
    much easier to type MS, than the Morningstar
  • Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    edited January 2019
    Its just to make things easier

Morningstar,
    much easier to type MS, than the Morningstar

Easier for some... haha. Not for us who barely know the names of all champs.
    I have to look up some of these short forms. Maybe it's just me, but I find it easier remembering a name, than two letters. (Also, not really knowing the character Morningstar or caring much about it might not help in this case)
    Then again, it's quite typical north american to use many abbreviations, we don't do that as much in Sweden. At least not my generation. Maybe the younger generation of online gamers disagree. :smile:
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    There's also game section based abbreviations like:
    SA= Summoner Advancement
    AE= Alliance Event
    SE= Solo Event
    AW= Alliance War
    AQ= Alliance Quest
    EQ= Event Quest
    BA= Basic Arena
    FA= Featured Arena
    (You'd be surprised how many people don't know what SA means)
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    edited April 2020
    Who is NF? I've just read he is worth an awakening gem but I need some help to understand the abbreviation.

Edit: Nevermind... NF stands for Nick Fury. LOL how could I forget about him?
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 627 ★★★
    Cap America infinity war = beardo
    Cap marvel movie = sparkles
    Stark Enhanced spiderman = sparky
    Storm pyramid x = glancing babe
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★

I think the only double is IM (Iceman and Iron Man). Pretty amazing that they avoided duplicates for this long considering how many alliterations are used in comic book names.

I don’t think we will ever need to worry about mixing them up. Iron man is not worth mentioning for any reason😂.

🧊 👨 for the win!

Me