**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you think AW are worth playing seriously?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★★
    GOTG said:

GOTG said:

GOTG said:

I can say that higher tier AW reward is not worth all the stress you have to suffer throughout the season which last a month. A month for the same rewards you can get in 5 days from AQ, itemless and no stress.

AW at middle level is fun and acceptable though.

Don't know how you get the same rewards between war season and an AQ set, that's absolutely not true, two different set of rewards
    Aside of shards which AQ doesn't give you, they are same. You use glory to buy t5bc and t2ac and you can buy more from AQ rewards.

And about shards, for most guys who play master and platinum 5* shards are basically useless. 6* shards good but RNG makes it a gamble anyway.

For some guys in Kenob who can run whole AW without deaths AW are worth it but for most of us, it's not.

Speak for yourself, because we still go for shards in war rewards as platinum 4 ally. Like I said before, to each his own, so don't think you speak for everyone or even a majority.

For those who struggle with war, you have the choice to move down or not do it at all, your choice.
    Platinum 4 is the medium not high level war. And I understand that you still go for 5* shards.

If you think platinum 4 is medium, that's on you. Make sure you understand we go for shards, all shards, not just 5*. You go about war your way and I'll go about it mine. Others will choose for themselves what war means to them.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,267 ★★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

War does not offer a feasible pay out for a month of misery that comes along with it. The war rewards need to be significantly buffed for me to even be slightly intrigued again... right now it all just feels pointless. AQ is where its at.

The rewards were recently buffed, significantly. I don't see them getting increased again anytime soon. The rewards are one reason why so many more alliances started taking wars little more serious, which is part of the reason for all the complaints about matchmaking and the added stress. Everyone is in 100% control of what stress level they want when it comes to war. There's an alliance out there for every level of war, so you just have to find the one that works for you.
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    Im playing in plat 4 currently. For entire season i can spend like 2k units only for aw, which is compare when im reach elder bane or cavalier title i didnt spend that much. So perhaps after season end im gonna step back and play in gold alliance. This flow node give me head and shoulder tense.

The rewards, for catalyst, aq give more than aw. Yeah we got shards, but imagine after grinding hard and spend alot resources, open crystal 6* or 5*, then got meme tier or champ that you wont gonna rank up
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Honestly, it depends what your priorities are.

Effort vs reward then no - operate at a tier that you can clear the map pretty much item free.

If you want the challenge which you can’t get in AQ, then yes it is well worth it. I’m in the situation where I can’t really afford to grind the donations to do 6x5 or 7x5 every week without spending a couple of hours in the arena every day, so I just play M5 and we push AW.

Fights are different each day - ok Flow is 1000% BS, but AW does add that bit of spice that AQ is lacking.

In terms of where I am in the game - 6.4 completed, 6.1 explored and most of 6.4 explored so I’m getting on now, with 15 R5 equivalents and the ability to take up 2 more, but even if I got more T2A etc. I’d still be lacking the gold to level up so Map5 is suiting my needs in terms of keeping my resources ticking over and matching my desired level of arena (minimal).

If Glory potions were buffed then I think AW would be a lot more viable than it is now.
  • Options
    Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    It is if they would filter out the low prestige alliance at the top so the actual decent high prestige alliances can actually get the rewards they deserve in stead of constantly battling eachother just to end up in plat 3 while low prestige alliances they don’t face can stay in plat 1 or even master
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    I’ve never had fun with war, and I’m only in a Gold 2 alliance. It’s a tedious process that locks up 8 champs pretty much all month long, only for the payout to be rewards I could get in 1/2 the time questing. I’d rather us just focus on progressing in AQ. AQ is boring too, but since the glory update it’s worth it more to me than AQ. And I have control over my rank ups, instead of going through the War grind only to pull Superior Iron Man as the payout
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

War does not offer a feasible pay out for a month of misery that comes along with it. The war rewards need to be significantly buffed for me to even be slightly intrigued again... right now it all just feels pointless. AQ is where its at.

does war matter as far as season ranking though?

• Options
    WhiteStrikerWhiteStriker Posts: 107
    edited April 2020
    Definately AW sucks for how it is going. It is definitely not a reward for talent or time consumed.
    For example I have 6 5* R5 champions and my prestige is around 10 K. But half of players in my alliance doesnot have even one R5 champions and don't play well. As a result we are in Silver 1 now. When I was a leader I have to invest lot of time in managing other players defense, monitoring them continuously and helping/asking them not to give away the deaths. That was really frustrating job for nothing special.

Recently I demoted my self. For the champions that I have, I could get a place with the alliance atleast at G1 for my skills and Beyond god tier R5 champions. But I don't want to go because being in such high rated alliance require more time, more efforts and need to deal with more frustration.

After all this is a game and should be played for enjoyment and not for frustration. Also I can spend the glory towards rankup materials to 5R5 or 6R2 my champs. And clear the story quests /variants and Big contents for better R5 shots
  • Options
    ElhadjeeElhadjee Posts: 61
    edited May 2020

Thanks for your indepth analysis Ebony_Naw;

With the word seriously I mean tier5 and below or p4 or above. As you know you can easily get rewards close to p4 in gold 2 / gold 1 without spending almost no glory and have no stress at all. The real problem is when your alliance takes war so seriously they keep an eye on everything(items you used, kills and etc), which puts a lot of stress on you and you eventually get scared and do mistakes and have no fun.It basically becomes your second job not a leisure time activity.

After the season I am planing to move to a gold 2/gold 1 alliance whose main focus is AQ. Top 300 in AQ is enough for me
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    For me I play at a level I’m comfortable at need minimal items for my path and can handle relatively stress free. Also I chose an alliance that doesn’t overly stress about war. We chose if we will or won’t go for higher rewards each season but have shift back to AQ.

This allows me to be in a plat 4 alliance when we are trying and gold 1 when we are not. I can play comfortably with almost no items in T5-T4

I could play higher if the rewards justified the higher item use and stress but for me war is literally the least fun game mode. Seasons suck and are to unforgiving and war needs an AQ style model so it isn’t as stressful imo.

I think it worth it to play at a level you and your alliance are comfortable at and don’t need to sink items into that outweighs the rewards. Needs to be a balance. The difference in 1 tier to another really isn’t super drastic in the long term. It’s multiple tier changes that can be more substantial and even then you can live without there with how much the reward is for 6 weeks of work and items usage.

Truth is if everyone kept their top and pushed the harder content over those 6 weeks there is a chance you would end with more rewards by the end.
  • Options
    Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    I think things would be drastically improved if modifiers were just removed. The nodes themselves plus new defenders becoming increasingly challenging (e.g. Mojo, Nova...etc.) are sufficiently difficult without things like Flow and Siphon adding on to it. The way things are now, my alliance has also stopped really pushing hard. As mentioned above, the increase in rewards between plat 4 to plat 3 for example, just isn't worth the stress and all the extra resources spent for pots/boosts.
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Between defense tactics and match making a lot of alliances don't try that hard at war anymore.
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    I'm currently taking the season off and loving it. Several years ago Kabam talked about how AW wasn't where they wanted it just yet. I'm really hoping that the current iteration of war is also not where they want it to be. I've never been a huge fan of AW, but it is worse than it has ever been in the past. They keep missing the mark with the modifiers to the point where there are almost no enjoyable fights in war.
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Is it possible to have a matchmaking filter to include no defense tactics?

Feels like there should be an option to try and make aw less of a stress-inducer (regardless of it being done by the alliance, self, or BS nodes) and more enjoyable
  • Options
    Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★
    Plantesan said:

Is it possible to have a matchmaking filter to include no defense tactics?

Feels like there should be an option to try and make aw less of a stress-inducer (regardless of it being done by the alliance, self, or BS nodes) and more enjoyable

That's actually a really neat idea. Similar to how AQ have the option of applying modifiers or not. I suspect most people would choose to do that.
  • Options
    Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Elhadjee said:

Hi guys, I am an intermediate player with 900k account and 13 r5.My alliance is around 31m and we are p4 as of now. The wars are so much stress and so expensive to handle and are not worth the effort Imho. I spend almost all the loyalty I get from AQ which is 5k glory a week, I also spend a lot of loyalty and credits for more potions mostly cuz of flaw tactics(No I don't have Quake). After this season I will definitly quit my alliance and just focus on AQ and spend all my glory on t5 and A2

What do you guys think?Are AW worth playing ?

Not worth it
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    I don’t really find them “worth it” but I have fun doing them and that’s really the only reason I still do them lol
  • Options
    TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    1 week of AQ does give better rewards than 1 month of AW
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★

1 week of AQ does give better rewards than 1 month of AW

Can't get Shards in AQ.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Playing in an ally running one BG in low tier (7-8-9) wars is the only way I would play AW. For me, playing higher tier wars (2-3-4) were a time suck that eroded game satisfaction.

Every time I look at the upper level season rewards, I get a touch of resource envy. Then I remember the cost of navigating 3 BGs at that level—envy gone.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Das_giDas_gi Posts: 320 ★★
    I would enjoy it more if I could face those low prestige alliances above me in rankings that don’t face me so we could actually gain the spot we deserve as a top 20 aq alliance. As long as I can’t I won’t boost for any fight
  • Options
    KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
    We took a break this season due to Flow, and tbh it's the best thing we've done. War can be stressful, bit with Flow, it's garbage if you don't have the right counters. Especially since every alliance we face has only R5/6* R2 and R3 champs due to our prestige.