**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Punisher

Comments

• DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    To most who mentioned the flags, he could write something everyone finds useful but you would still flag him.

So your the trolls in that regard
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Highly annoying to know such hard work of grinding, saving BC for an extended period of time, and waiting for a perfect time to open was all for nothing! Had we all known that the grand prize, 5* Punisher, didn't exist than there is no doubt in my mind people would have continued to hold. Such a shame nothing will be returned and mods/Kabam seem to be ignoring this thread.
    @GroundedWisdom, who do you think the "Uncollected" player base consists of? A bunch of noobs who aren't apart of any MCoC community outside of the game? Its a very slim chance that 70 Uncollected players who opened these crystals aren't apart of any community, seen threads like this, and weren't willing to show their 5* Punisher.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Some of the evidence does seem fishy... I'm definitely not one for conspiracy theories but the odds of none of us pulling a 5* punisher is ridiculous. Especially if hundreds of people had millions of BCs saved up.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    I agree with the idea that it was ignorance ("we forgot to turn off 30 minute timers") versus intended. And the idea that there were thousands pulled (extrapolating from the 70ish in the first hours) with not one single player bragging or sharing or even answering the calls of their fellow players is pretty outlandish in my opinion. Between here, Reddit, LINE, groupme, Facebook, etc., one would've shown up somewhere in the community.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Hey All,

We're having the team look into this. We'll let you know if there's any information to share.

What exactly are you looking in to?

1: The thread not bumping, which it now is so you consider the issue solved or 2: whether 5* punisher was ever in the uncollected arena crystal before Tuesdays update?
    I'm not one to suggest Miike intentionally lied to the community, but willing to believe he was giving false information. The idea that Kabam or any other company isn't willing to lie to customers/player base is a bit absurd though.
  • ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    edited September 2017
    R4GE wrote: »
    I'm not one to suggest Miike intentionally lied to the community, but willing to believe he was giving false information. The idea that Kabam or any other company isn't willing to lie to customers/player base is a bit absurd though.

Agreed.... That's typically how site administration works, they act more as a middle-man then the end-point contact. Most people don't realize that (not all of the time, but most of the time) Mods simply relay messages as defined by who ever is supplying the answer. That being said, I understand everybody's frustration especially if this ends up being true. I only opened 10 but I couldn't imagine how frustrated I would be if I opened 100+ and the guy wasn't even in the crystal.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Zerko wrote: »

No it really isn't. The only people that had a chance for the 5* Punisher were people who had Uncollected title, which means it's limited to people very dedicated to the game. Such people are almost all in alliances, and usually higher tier ones. Higher Tier alliances are made up of people very much in the "community" of the game. When the entire community was asking for proof about a 5* Punisher not one person came forward with a screenshot or even anecdotal evidence of seeing it show up on their Alliance tab.

The chances of no one in any alliance seeing proof of these alleged 70 5* Punishers is literally 0.

Sorry I lol'd at how pretentious this post is, no matter how plausible the reasoning. Yes only those people mentioned in top alliances are important. Anyone else is not. Again it is perfectly understandable and not discrediting this belief, just super PRETENTIOUS.

What post are you talking about? What about the post you quoted was pretentious? They never said anything about only top alliances being important.

It was: uncollected -> probably dedicated player -> probably in a higher alliance -> higher alliance probably has at least one member keeping tabs on game via LINE, discord, reddit, youtube, Facebook, etc.
    Its kind of implicit that if a 5* punisher was pulled it would have gone to only those people mentioned so ya that actually does imply some greater level of importance or matter = pretentious basis. I understand the confusion because sometimes things can be so pretentious its hard to see the pretentiousness.

Uncollected can be obtained easily with 4* 4/40s even if you do not have the optimal ones fyi.

Anyways more than likely I agree with said quoted post (I believe I commented on the plausibility). I just took a humerous notice to something implicitly defined. Sorry for offending.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    I opened over 5M BC and no 5* pun.......got 6 4*s though. I don't think Pun was in the crystal. Another HUGE mistake as I wouldn't have opened my BC if I would've known that.
  • MerekMerek Posts: 10
    Thank you for acknowledging this issue. Popped about 1 mil in Bc as well before the Maintenence and it would be nice to know if I even had a shot.
    edited September 2017
    If there was just something wrong with the coding causing 4*'s to drop instead of 5*'s than I imagine its possible for Kabam to believe that those 70 5*s they thought were dropping were in fact 4*s. Based off how things went after the maintenance there doesn't seem to be any doubt that they already have answers. Shouldn't be taking this long for the community to hear something back by now.
  • SubTypicalSubTypical Posts: 64
    I think it's important to point out that the reported number of 70 5* drops isn't what should be focused on...that was just during the first few hours after he was supposedly released. Granted, there would have been more drops during that time, as everyone was popping crystals then. But, if that many dropped then, there should have been a few thousand available by now. Don't focus on the initial drop that was quoted, but what would have dropped since then as well.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    edited September 2017
    Hey All,

We're having the team look into this. We'll let you know if there's any information to share.

With respect, what is there to look into? They either fiddled with the Uncollected arena crystal during the maintenance or they didn't. If they did, every Uncollected who opened the new arena crystal deserves A: an apology and B: something to make up for it.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    It's just RNG . You wasted those chips and you got what you got
  • OK OK the big news here that I never knew is you can ignore certain people on the forum?

How do I do this I'm such a newb? I need to immediately put groundedwisdom on that list!
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
    Greywarden wrote: »
    Yes!! This post now gets bumped up with comments!

Personally I just think there is some coding/reporting error on their end that makes 4* punisher pulls look like 5* punisher pulls so they weren't exactly lying, just didn't know.

Crossing fingers for some type of compensation, I know plenty have spent more than me but I've spent close to 1 million bc on those crystals :/

I PM'd Miike about it not getting bumped and almost immediately we got a response from him and the thread started getting bumped.

Am I hopeful that we will get an answer? Sadly, no. After all, we didn't get any compensation from the game crashing constantly during AQ fights after 12.0 was released, so I don't expect anything from them here either.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,280 ★★★★★

No it really isn't. The only people that had a chance for the 5* Punisher were people who had Uncollected title, which means it's limited to people very dedicated to the game. Such people are almost all in alliances, and usually higher tier ones. Higher Tier alliances are made up of people very much in the "community" of the game. When the entire community was asking for proof about a 5* Punisher not one person came forward with a screenshot or even anecdotal evidence of seeing it show up on their Alliance tab.

The chances of no one in any alliance seeing proof of these alleged 70 5* Punishers is literally 0.

Sorry I lol'd at how pretentious this post is, no matter how plausible the reasoning. Yes only those people mentioned in top alliances are important. Anyone else is not. Again it is perfectly understandable and not discrediting this belief, just super PRETENTIOUS.

What post are you talking about? What about the post you quoted was pretentious? They never said anything about only top alliances being important.

It was: uncollected -> probably dedicated player -> probably in a higher alliance -> higher alliance probably has at least one member keeping tabs on game via LINE, discord, reddit, youtube, Facebook, etc.
    Its kind of implicit that if a 5* punisher was pulled it would have gone to only those people mentioned so ya that actually does imply some greater level of importance or matter = pretentious basis. I understand the confusion because sometimes things can be so pretentious its hard to see the pretentiousness.

Uncollected can be obtained easily with 4* 4/40s even if you do not have the optimal ones fyi.

Anyways more than likely I agree with said quoted post (I believe I commented on the plausibility). I just took a humerous notice to something implicitly defined. Sorry for offending.

I wasn't offended; it just seemed like crazy talk. I was expecting A to B and you went A to Fish puppetry.
  • DonybDonyb Posts: 125
    #sin6
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    edited September 2017

I wasn't offended; it just seemed like crazy talk. I was expecting A to B and y

I wasn't offended; it just seemed like crazy talk. I was expecting A to B and you went A to Fish puppetry.

LOL expect the unexpected! The abscence of evidence is not the evidence of abscence!

Interesting if kabam makes an official statement about this issue I mean at this point it is a little shady. They have responded much quicker to issues in their favour.

I hope for all those invested that this lengthy wait time for an official response is indicative of them figuring out some sort of way to handle a mistake.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    KerayZ wrote: »
    I don't think the 70 players that was claimed to have gotten him is false. Kabam are looking at data numbers. However I do think those 70 were recorded as getting 5* but only got 4* due to a bug that was not fixed until the maintenance. Kabam will most likely check the last three weeks of data and prove to themselves that he didn't actually land on their accounts.

No conspiracy just bad data due to a bug. Means they can confirm those folks and then reward them proper.

If that's the case, then they will give people what they have earned I'm sure. We will have to wait and see what comes back. I'm still not convinced, though. All we have to go on is that people haven't shared it on Social Media. If it comes back that the data shows he dropped and wasn't awarded, then I respect that. My original point is that it is possible he has been. I'm going based on the evidence. For me, just because people haven't posted it everywhere doesn't mean he's not in the game. That's just my view.

If your going on the evidence, the evidence seems to show he wasn't in there before he maintenance.

But your right to a degree, let's just see what Kabam say, I have opened about 400-500k worth of them so hope it comes back if this is true

To be fair, what I said was the sample size was too small.

This is an absurd statement. Unless you know the exact number opened and the percentage programmed into the system for the 5* Punisher reward, you cannot determine what sample size is required to make conclusions on the data. So unless you work for Kabam and have access to this information, I will thank you to stop spreading false information and making assumptions.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    To most who mentioned the flags, he could write something everyone finds useful but you would still flag him.

So your the trolls in that regard

You're

Touché XD
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★

4. The way they treat customers is more aggravating than the issue itself. They just don't get it.

Exactly this.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Speedbump wrote: »
    Around 2000 flags for 2569 post's. Edenrrific sounds pretty on point here! I like him already

The "Flag" feature is so grossly overused on this forum that I would not put much stock in those numbers.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,241 ★★★★★
    edited September 2017
    I'm still not jumping to any conclusions until more information is given. People can jump on what I say all they want, but they know about as much as I do. My point was not to be so quick to assume anything.
    edited September 2017
    I'm still not jumping to any conclusions until more information is given. People can jump on what I say all they want, but they know about as much as I do. My point was not to be so quick to assume anything.
    Some things speak for them selves and this seems to be another topic that might go down in the books as unanswered. 70 Uncollected players seem to oddly not follow any community sources outside of the game, including Line. Will have to assume those 70 5* pulls were from 70 different alliances. Leaving us a number of 2,100 players who haven't said "I pulled one" or "someone in my alliance got one," followed up with a screen cap. And thats just the number given to us for the first 2 hours of the crystals arriving. Not one for conspiracies, but even you would have to say its a bit "odd"
    If the assumption of it being from 70 different alliances is far fetches, feel free to cut the number in 1/2. Its still a big number.
This discussion has been closed.