**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• MarzGroove wrote: »
    vikky89 wrote: »
    swzddsc0fa2o.png

Someone posted this on Reddit. This is the diversity kabam is looking for Lol.

Obviously folks aren't going to be able to rework their rosters overnight; however, it would be much easier with rank down tickets.

No matter what I dont think mini bosses placement would change. Magik,Jugg,Dormammu with MD are still the best ones to make exploration harder.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    Badrose wrote: »
    Also, this map is a total disaster for allies having people from different countries. If you want this map you should remove the timer at all.

I'm in a worldwide alliance and somehow I've made it to a mini boss with 12+ hours remaining. Are you guys even playing or just whining?

So am I but not every group is the same, and not every situation is the same. People take different paths or they don't work as a team or they don't get enough people in group and have to travel map without much help.

Almost 12 hrs in and I won't be at a mini boss for another 4 hrs travelling the left path (7 hrs to boss) and I've been steadily moving since the war began.

It's a pain having to just pop in the game every hour just to move one spot, teleport, move , fight, move, teleport, fight etc.

If you work a lot, have a family , have friends, have stuff to do them you won't be able to do this that often. Instead of calling people whiners maybe you should consider all the various factors and situations that can come into play and the costs of traversing said map.

• MarzGroove wrote: »
    Also, this map is a total disaster for allies having people from different countries. If you want this map you should remove the timer at all.

I'm in a worldwide alliance and somehow I've made it to a mini boss with 12+ hours remaining. Are you guys even playing or just whining?

You cant expect everyone to keep checking AW every couple of hours to move so that others are not stuck.Most of us have other stuff to do. So much energy is wasted on portals. Previous AW map had the best energy usage. Just need to full energy counts to finish the map
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★

So am I but not every group is the same, and not every situation is the same. People take different paths or they don't work as a team or they don't get enough people in group and have to travel map without much help.

Almost 12 hrs in and I won't be at a mini boss for another 4 hrs travelling the left path and I've been steadily moving since the war began.

It's a pain having to just pop in the game every hour just to move one spot, teleport, move , fight, move, teleport, fight etc.

If you work a lot, have a family , have friends, have stuff to do them you won't be able to do this that often. Instead of calling people whiners maybe you should consider all the various factors and situations that can come into play and the costs of traversing said map.

To be fair, there is a heck of a lot of whining going on, and if your lips are moving and you're complaining about somethinhg then you're whining. I logged on once after work and again after the Chiefs crushed the Patriots. All my middle eastern and indian alliance mates had knocked out some early nodes while I was at work, so yes teamwork/communication is and should be required for alliance events.
    swzddsc0fa2o.png

Obviously folks aren't going to be able to rework their rosters overnight; however, it would be much easier with rank down tickets.

No matter what I dont think mini bosses placement would change. Magik,Jugg,Dormammu with MD are still the best ones to make exploration harder.

Well i agree that the mini bosses will be the champs folks consider the best defenders, but maybe you wont be fighting 6 spider men on the way?
  • Dirtydog wrote: »
    They could care less that they offered a complete **** product to us, this is nothing but a money grab, regardless of the **** they say... nothing but pure **** has been givin to us, taken the skill completely out of the game

its not a money grab, its a life grab. 19 hours to complete line 1 and 2. this is just ridiculous... i can't believe on what they doing with this game... they screw up the fun game!
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★

Old map u would be at middle sub in 3 hours with coordination. What is your point?
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    Im sorry to say that this new map is absolute trash, AW used to be my favorite game mode & I was actually looking forward to a change.

* The nodes are far to easy Im in tier 2 matched against a similar opponent & we breezing through this so are our opposition (defenders arent bad the nodes are) wheres all or nothing? unblockable L1? whats the point of 2 poison enhanced nodes when you can see the class & to be honest the only champ who can really make use of it is abomination just bring poison immune champs.

* The energy costs are way to high , AW is now a day long event people have lives, also say so long to youtube AW videos the amount of work that will go into making them now isnt worth it with the amount of energy needed for 1 lane.

* why can we see the minis? to be quite honest why can we see the champs classes? wheres the strategy in placement? Never mind what a pain it was for me to even do placement I use a 6inch device & the scrolling around was atrocious I feel for those with smaller phones.

Im sorry Kabam but I try to take something positive with every new announcement (even 6*s) but this implementation is horrible I pray that you guys have another look at this I'm a longtime player that has spent his fair share & it makes me truly sad to see my favorite part of the game go down the toilet.

I used to recommend this game to friends & colleagues but its becoming more & more difficult with each poorly implemented addition.

I implore you guys to have another look at this & bring back the skill to one of the (few) truely skill based based modes.

#bringtheskillbacktoAW
  • So you have taken all skill and competition from the game. 1st war and I've just watched someone revive their team 4 times to get a sub boss down and they still have a chance to win - please rethink this ASAP before your player base deserts you.
  • hheemmhheemm Posts: 17
    swzddsc0fa2o.png

Diversity; instead of spending on 3 mini bosses, let's make em spend on 5
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Has anyone fought the middle right mini boss yet (node 52)? It's a Recovery and Strikeback node yet the Hood I'm fighting is gaining random bars of powen when I'm not using specials. Or if I do use a special when he's below one bar of power, he waits until he gains a bar before adding the extra bar from strike back to immediately get to a L2. WTF is that? Strike back has never been delayed or procked w/o a special before.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Has anyone fought the middle right mini boss yet (node 52)? It's a Recovery and Strikeback node yet the Hood I'm fighting is gaining random bars of powen when I'm not using specials. Or if I do use a special when he's below one bar of power, he waits until he gains a bar before adding the extra bar from strike back to immediately get to a L2. WTF is that? Strike back has never been delayed or procked w/o a special before.

Are you sure it isn't MD? And has he landed a hit on you when invisibility is in cooldown? If awakened he could power steal during that time but I would assume MD is the more likely explanation.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

Almost 12 hrs in and I won't be at a mini boss for another 4 hrs travelling the left path and I've been steadily moving since the war began.

To be fair, there is a heck of a lot of whining going on, and if your lips are moving and you're complaining about somethinhg then you're whining. I logged on once after work and again after the Chiefs crushed the Patriots. All my middle eastern and indian alliance mates had knocked out some early nodes while I was at work, so yes teamwork/communication is and should be required for alliance events.

Whinging*
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Having gotten a taste of actually playing map vs just looking at it during placement, I still dislike it. Too large, too messily laid out, and really feels like a drag having to keep checking in and using energy. I already do that for AQ, Quests, and arenas, and while one more thing should not be too much, somehow it is. I liked being able to effectively have my lane either done or nearly done by bedtime, and spending rest of War getting ready to take boss and spectating the enemies.
    Add me to the pile of people wondering why we can see Mini bosses in specific, and classes in general. Between that and the weak nodes, it really kills a lot of the fun and strategy of placing Defense. It was already not that hard to guess who was on a node, but now it's super easy.
    And you really touted new and unique nodes, but there's one Energy Boost node, and a new node buff for Critical Abilities (Which are... what, exactly? Crits in general, crit buffs, abilities that enhance crits passively, what?). Maybe I missed something, or Tier 1 has more (in Tier 2), but that's weak. Even just lifting nodes from other modes, you have so many more you could mix in, along with making new fun and interactive ones!
    My suggestion: Remove the extra visibility, scrap this map, bring back old one, and have the non-boss/mini nodes receive different buffs each week. It was a good, compact, efficient map, it just needed some variety to freshen it up, like shifting nodes around more frequently, or adding bonus objectives (Place 10 Tech Defenders and receive X bonus points on Defender Placement, etc).

Are you sure it isn't MD? And has he landed a hit on you when invisibility is in cooldown? If awakened he could power steal during that time but I would assume MD is the more likely explanation.

I wasn't procing dexterity as he isn't stun immune so MD shouldn't have been that big of an issue. Strike back should be immediate regardless.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I thought there would be less linked nodes. It seems you can't go anywhere without having to wait for a linked node to come down. This new map is linked all over the place, more time consuming and now FIVE mini bosses for us to throw items at. Not impressed at all.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    First you do 6*s hated it now you revamp wars and I again hate it. Isn't it about time you listen to your customers and not a bunch of idiots smashing there heads together to come up with deals that don't even work? Champs that don't work properly. This game is getting stale
    edited September 2017
    So pary and the others are basically useless against the bosses in some of the teirs of war in addition to a slew of other changes.

What else are you going to render useless in this universally panned version of war that's riddled with issues.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    So pary is useless against the bosses in some of the teirs of war in addition to a slew of other changes.

What else are you going to render useless in this universally panned version of war.

The Main Boss and one sub was always immune to stun. At least if that was not the case for you, it means that you entered a tier where there are 2 bosses that are stun immune or this new map forced it on your alliance.
  • Anyone disappointed with regular nodes in AW ? Map layout is complicated but regular nodes are far too easy. Why remove good ones like unblockable spl nodes , stun immune, all or nothing. We are in tier2 and we hardly got any kills on both sides. Getting 100% is no biggie anymore. Looks like all high tier wars will be 100% + 3boss kills and only way to decide winner is through lame diversity pts ridiculous. Its like tossing a coin to decide the winner. So either they dint beta test this at all or they should change their beta testers.
    Garbage company created garbage content. No one should be surprised.
    Jon8299 wrote: »
    So pary is useless against the bosses in some of the teirs of war in addition to a slew of other changes.

What else are you going to render useless in this universally panned version of war.

The Main Boss and one sub was always immune to stun. At least if that was not the case for you, it means that you entered a tier where there are 2 bosses that are stun immune or this new map forced it on your alliance.

Hmm I'm pretty sure they weren't all imune in the tier I'm in, we're working our way back up after a lot of changes so this is a big change in style of play for most people who heavily rely on parry.
  • We've waiting over a year for an update to war and this first war after an update has been the most boring one yet. Wait an hour move no fight. Wait another hour just to port no fight. Disappointed is a word that keeps coming to mind when Kabam does anything.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Anyone disappointed with regular nodes in AW ? Map layout is complicated but regular nodes are far too easy. Why remove good ones like unblockable spl nodes , stun immune, all or nothing. We are in tier2 and we hardly got any kills on both sides. Getting 100% is no biggie anymore. Looks like all high tier wars will be 100% + 3boss kills and only way to decide winner is through lame diversity pts ridiculous. Its like tossing a coin to decide the winner. So either they dint beta test this at all or they should change their beta testers.

I agree with this. After setting defence none of the nodes sounded challenging or difficult at all especially since we can see so much on offence as well. At most we should only be able to see the class of the champion in any tier imo. But would be nice to see things like all or nothing return and add more unblockable specials or stun immunity etc. Without having defender kill points too it's become too easy. The paths are long but none of it is difficult which is a shame.
  • Jon8299Jon8299 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    Chances are we're beta testing the new AW map. They'll update it soon enough, with it the rewards as well.

Everyone said the last AW was too easy when it first came out. They had linked node that didn't make sense. The Links were linear, so like Champ 1 Link Champ 2 Link Champ 3, your path is cleared. No having to wait for anyone else in most of the map. There was also no Linked nodes in the middle and no links to the main boss. Just go up the middle with one other person, take down the boss and everyone else just does exploration. Then they updated the map to what it was last week, with some minor changes along the way.

This is what the new map probably is, just one massive beta test for us. So when they change it there will probably be flare in a handful of places even for my alliance, and we're in tier 9. Then everyone might say it's too hard but the rewards may or may not be worth it.

Wait, let me guess... you didn't take the left side.

Because, if you did, what you're saying would be impossible.

I took the right. But i have heard no complaints from those who took the left. My point is that folks are ready to burn it all down when we aren't even 12 hours into the new AW.

Idontinkso wrote: »
    AW Defense just got a huge nerfs and has ruined AW. No surprises and no strategy required now.

VISIBLE TILES needs to go away immediately!!!! It's too easy to just see the easy matchups, skip past the tough spots and go straight to the mini boss and boss nodes. Plus the lack of foresight in the scouter masteries being made useless shows this decision was not thought out very well. It seems like this decision was made by people who actually don't even play the game or have ever been an officer trying to set up AW defense.

Lack of all or nothing nodes kills diversity.. no place for storm or Phoenix on D now.

Lack of unblockable nodes until you reach miniboss also kills diversity, many mediocre champs needed those to be viable as defenders.

Lack of stun immune nodes other than miniboss makes other champs like NC not as bad to face as well.

Lack of choke points removes any layering of defense. There are too many escape paths...the thing you removed is the thing that defense needs the most, which is a way to contain the offense and slow their progress down.

Regen nodes were a good addition, but not for diversity, it's all going to be ironmen and ultrons on those.

All in all new AW map is a big FAIL with the goals Kabam stated they wanted to achieve. It totally created an imbalance with the huge defensive nerfs. Visible tiles also killed diversity as you can't afford to have anything but the best of the best on defense now, if the offense sees mediocre champs they can just go straight for them and ignore the tough defenders and go around them. Several different champs needed an unblockable special node to be any good and you took that away m killing diversity in the name of making AW offense easy mode for everyone now.

I think these are all good points. AQ and AW should first and foremost be tests of teamwork and skill. If they aren't that, then there is no point for these features.
This discussion has been closed.