**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Seems great but mediocre

AddictorAddictor Posts: 379 ★★★
Guys some people might think these champions are great or god tier. But in my opinions they are impractical and can not be your main champions. So I’ll say champions listed below are either mediocre or trash (I have all of them as 6 star, mostly awakened): Morningstar, Wasp, Sabertooth, Nebula, Proxima Midnight, Carnage, Korg, Gulk, Angela, Spider Gwen, Iron Man IW. Do you agree with me?

Seems great but mediocre 145 votes

Totally agree
4%
EvilEmpireSpity68DeQueueSantaGulkColonaut123TheDuke899 6 votes
Partially agree
30%
BigPoppaCBONERagamugginGunnerBigdogbobege999menMutantDarth_Stewie_ASDF_Osfan8CassyT31BrokenPanchulon21Repto23KillerRino19ChelseaFCCats4lifeshadow_lurker22spaceoctopusAleorspiderbites0196 44 votes
Not agree at all
65%
PantherusNZDrZolaLeNoirFaineantMegaSkater67Swe_wolfisCristalmanNuclekerrOesername123TerraThereticLibralonixYoMovesLvernon15Mqc19ascendanceDragonMCOCAceLuffySaboBruce12342HendrossGodrohr 95 votes

Comments

• SavageSavage Posts: 621 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    Not agree at all
    Korg is Fine with Mojo and Gulk. Majority of those mentioned champs are God Tier champs.
  • AddictorAddictor Posts: 379 ★★★
    I’m not a new player guys. I’m a veteran and I just found that these mentioned champs can not be used in your daily aw, aq or most quest scenarios. I know some of them have good synergies or defensive abilities. But not strong attackers at all, most champs need painful ramp up (Morningstar, Proxima, Sabertooth etc.) while some champs’ damage is a joke (Gulk, IMIW, Korg, etc) would you like to take them to rank 3? Probably no. So it is not a troll post!
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Totally agree
    I wouldn't call them trash or mediocre, more disappointing and a waste to rank up.

Morningstar: a cumbersome way to get persistent charges with a very long pay-out.
    ST: ditto, but worse as you don't control how many fights you get before starting over.
    Wasp: glass cannon, nuff said.
    Nebula: if you're not Dave, you don't use her.
    PM: the one champion ideal for legends and then they cap the damage. GJ Kabam.
    Carnage: inferior Venom.
    Hulk: very niche, good for starburst but you don't come nearly enough across to warrant ranking up.
    Angela: she's good but not that good.
    Korg: you're crazy to rank up only for AWD, or a rich kid.
    Gwenny: decent but niche.
    IMIW: Swiss army knife that cuts like a butter knife.
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Not agree at all
    IMIW is amazing especially in longer fights when he can build a couple plasmas
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Not agree at all
    The only one you're right about is Korg.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Partially agree
    The only reason I partially agree is because Korg is mostly a defender other than that the rest are pretty good to use.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Partially agree
    Partially agree asides from Morningstar. She can be the main character in your team anytime. But other can just be occasionally useful.
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Partially agree
    For example Angela, very good for Havok but other than that (and in cosmic gate in 6.2) I will not choose her for any other endgame contents. She isn't my top choice.

G Hulk his damage is weak you don't want to bring him in for long fight because it will last longer than you can afford.

PM she requires too much to reach her potential damage and it's stupid to use her instead of Corvus or NF for high risk fights.
  • A_Cay47A_Cay47 Posts: 73
    Partially agree
    I think IMIW just needs a little boots with attack but even without that he’s still great. Whatever your opinion is with Wasp, she has great synergy, is a good attacking champ with a cool ability that stuns while doing basic attacks and she’s a decent defender. Ghulk is good too.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Totally agree
    Etjama said:

I wouldn't call them trash or mediocre, more disappointing and a waste to rank up.

Morningstar: a cumbersome way to get persistent charges with a very long pay-out.
    ST: ditto, but worse as you don't control how many fights you get before starting over.
    Wasp: glass cannon, nuff said.
    Nebula: if you're not Dave, you don't use her.
    PM: the one champion ideal for legends and then they cap the damage. GJ Kabam.
    Carnage: inferior Venom.
    Hulk: very niche, good for starburst but you don't come nearly enough across to warrant ranking up.
    Angela: she's good but not that good.
    Korg: you're crazy to rank up only for AWD, or a rich kid.
    Gwenny: decent but niche.
    IMIW: Swiss army knife that cuts like a butter knife.

Morningstar: I don't like the mechanic either, doesn't mean she isn't a beats of a champ.

Wasp: So what if she's a glass canon? If you think glass canons are bad, that just means you can't play without taking a lot of damage. It's super easy to get her into a rotation where you bait specials to retaliate. You don't even need to take a blocked hit.

Proxima Midnight: Agreed, but she still has some good utility and is great for a lot of bosses (ramp her up, throw a Sp3, you ignore all the BS).

Ghulk: Niche, yes. Useful, still yes. You know how many BS passive degen nodes are in this game? Definitely worth ranking up.

Angela: Super simple to play with very solid damage, good Havok counter, good regen.

Korg: I've gotta agree with you on that one.

Spider-Gwen: Great damage with ability to ramp up and get even more, evades unblockable specials, power control, evade counter unstoppable counter. She's not niche, she's a Swiss army knife with great damage.

IMIW: Swiss army knife as you said. But he in no way has low damage. You must not know how to play him. Plasma puts in work, especially if you combine the incinerate and shock with a heavy. Someone even posted a video the other day of an Abyss solo with him.
    Morningstar: the difficult ramp-up is a fatal flaw to me. In short fights, she can't ramp-up like Corvus nor does she has the instant gratification. Her life steal is great, but it takes a lot investment to get there. You cannot ignore the road because of the finish line.

Wasp: that's a very high skill level and the pay-off isn't as good as Ghost or Quake. In any end game content, health pool matters. Block proficiency matters. You can't dismiss that with the excuse skill.

PM: she can't compete with Sunspot or other high hitters. You don't see her in those long fights that matter.

Ghulk: like Bane. Oh wait, that doesn't count...

Angela: she is good but her kit isn't that flexible. There are better Havok counters. If you pull her as your first 5* or 6*, sure, but you wouldn't rank her up if you've an established roster.

Gwen: the superior class bosses are limited. Her power control is more indirect and fickle. She relies on a sig for great damage but at a cost. I don't see much gameplay by the top players.

IMIW: I've seen the vids. IMIW is intense. The timing needs to be perfect or you lose everything. Stealth Spidey sig makes it doable, but hardly optimal. IMIW is just a slightly better Korg.
  • Echobear_245Echobear_245 Posts: 13
    Not agree at all
    I can understand why you see them as trash, because with 6 stars they do. But if any competent player got sabertooth, IW or wasp on a starting account, they would tear up beacuse of the content level
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Not agree at all
    Yup Wasp is so trash I R3ed my 6*
  • DeQueueDeQueue Posts: 101
    Totally agree
    Most of them has so much ramp up or patience required to get their utility that it becomes irritating.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Partially agree
    Of those I strongly disagree about IMIW and Morningstar. With synergies and playing to their strengths, both of them can easily be your main champ. I don't think I would classify much of the rest as trash or mediocre, just overrated and not good enough to be The Main. Especially Gulk and Sabretooth, IMO. Gulk, I get why people like him for the passive, I just don't find it that impressive. Usually when a champ is that niche, players are annoyed. Maybe people still like him because he looks cool? I don't know. For Sabretooth, just as he's getting good, you have to start over. Plus his regen sucks.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Not agree at all
    You’re also the guy who just dumped his life savings into the game right?
    I’d start reading some champion descriptions and learning how to play them. I could pick a questing team of those champs and comfortably go through most content in Act 6 - some BS bits excluded ofc - but out of all of the champs you’ve listed the only one I wouldn’t take is Korg and even he has some utility