**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Incoming Hijacked Transmission... What does it mean? [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    GoldenSkullGoldenSkull Posts: 55
    @Mcoc_Anxiety i did today w/ goldpool red pool xpool venom pool and Gwen pool, I let goldpool die to platpool then killed him with red pool... nothing.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I think this is just teasing next months event. Which might be something DP related. Featuring characters who have *gone bananas*
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Has anyone saved 5 of his Crystals then opened them? Testing a theory I have
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020

I can try test that. Need two more runs, 4 days later.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,641 Guardian
    @Majky_T , Sounds like the order for you taking 1st Letter of msgs is not the right order, based on when they were being reported up here.

Seems like they probably came as below ...
    1% of true power
    Break into pieces
    Split into 5
    Arm/Leg
    Put pieces together
    Puzzle
    Don’t leave
  • Options
    Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    In the message before he beg us not to leave him, he says “you keep punching me, funny way to show your affection”

I’m just thinking whether we should not hit him and use another way of taking him down. Eg. Quake

But yeah a lot of our thinking has gone on this so maybe we’re overthinking it and it’s actually simple
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★

In the message before he beg us not to leave him, he says “you keep punching me, funny way to show your affection”

I’m just thinking whether we should not hit him and use another way of taking him down. Eg. Quake

But yeah a lot of our thinking has gone on this so maybe we’re overthinking it and it’s actually simple

Consider the debacle with the whole "you need 5 champions to beat the game", I assume they wouldn't try something like this right now.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    Any connection to the Boss Rush: Pool's Gambit event?

• Options
    roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 347 ★★★
    So I too love this type of stuff, riddles/Easter eggs/etc.

I'm stuck on the 'break him into pieces' thing. Who has that as part of their animation? It's gotta be something that *majority* of player base has or can do...
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,400 ★★★★★

I'm stuck on the 'break him into pieces' thing. Who has that as part of their animation? It's gotta be something that *majority* of player base has or can do...

Sentinel Sp3 shows himself being broken into pieces and then reassembled lol.

Anyone tried using sentinel against him??
  • Options

Sentinel Sp3 shows himself being broken into pieces and then reassembled lol.

Anyone tried using sentinel against him??
    I had 3500 Intel saved for the chronometer thing on reserve but im gonna just dive in and buy tickets to enter, I'll try Sentinel.
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Juggernaut tears him in half in DP2 lol
    Anyone fancy soloing the rift with their Juggs?
  • Options
    Sentinel L3 (and killing him with it) didn't yield anything...
  • Options
    TheDarkSlayerTheDarkSlayer Posts: 3
    Has anyone tried purposely losing the fight? He might send out a different message if he knocks out one of your champions or your whole team potentially since it says 'Split me into 5', just a thought for something new to try
  • Options

Has anyone tried purposely losing the fight? He might send out a different message if he knocks out one of your champions or your whole team potentially since it says 'Split me into 5', just a thought for something new to try

Yea I lost to him, nothing. I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if we went in with just one champ since he references us having a whole team In a couple messages.
  • Options
    TheDarkSlayerTheDarkSlayer Posts: 3

Yea I lost to him, nothing. I'm beginning to wonder what would happen if we went in with just one champ since he references us having a whole team In a couple messages.
    That's a good idea, I could try that later on today and I'll let you guys know what the result is
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Honestly I think some people here are thinking too far ...

The messages are just teaser's for what it's coming, probably next month or so. I don't think you need to do anything in particular, nothing will change.
    So, just wait for an announcement or something
  • Options

Honestly I think some people here are thinking too far ...

The messages are just teaser's for what it's coming, probably next month or so. I don't think you need to do anything in particular, nothing will change.
    So, just wait for an announcement or something

But it's fun for us and gives us something to do 😊
  • Options
    CoughECoughE Posts: 7
    So I went in to a rift and got the 100 6 star shard reward so figured I'd try leaving the quest. Got ambushed by platpool and let him kill all 5 of my champs without me hitting him and nothing happened. Decided to try leaving the rift and also nothing. Sucks cause I lost out on the crystal but figured it was worth a shot.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    CoughE said:

So I went in to a rift and got the 100 6 star shard reward so figured I'd try leaving the quest. Got ambushed by platpool and let him kill all 5 of my champs without me hitting him and nothing happened. Decided to try leaving the rift and also nothing. Sucks cause I lost out on the crystal but figured it was worth a shot.

I don’t think their is a specific action so I wouldn’t try something like this. Only time will tell. I’d wait to the last week to do anything rash.
  • Options
    CbelCbel Posts: 16
    I might be completely wrong on this, but I wonder if it goes like this:

1% of my true power = not sure, but the first letters of each word are in the name “platinumpool” (One Percent Of My True Power)
    Break into pieces - break his name into pieces?
    Split into 5 - split the name in 5 pieces?
    Arm/Leg - not sure, but A and L are also in the name “platinumpool”
    Put pieces together - reassemble the name as something else
    Puzzle - just letting you know that those are the clues and he says find him to be his friend so maybe we need to find someone with that reassembled name and friend them
    Don’t leave - not sure
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 718 ★★★
    I'm going to next try and go in with four champions. Get ambushed. Exit the fight. And click on the next part ie the boss. And hope I skip him and he joins my team. After that. I'll wait until I get a **** path(sig stones) and after he ambushed me I'll just quit the quest. See what happens.
  • Options
    EthanGamerEthanGamer Posts: 358

Howard the duck winning animation is his mechs arms fall off.
  • Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I think it's just hints at next months event guys. It's gonna be related to Deadpool. Probably how he accidentally made Plat Pool blah blah blah. We need to collect pieces of something related to the side event. And we can probably get Plat Pool this way.
  • Options
    CoughECoughE Posts: 7
    Don't quit out of the quest guys. Already tried this after being ambushed by plat and receiving a whammy prize. Didn't work unfortunately.
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    So I encountered and defeated Platinum Pool for the 8th time today and I did NOT receive a message. Rebooted the game x2 just to make sure... I do have to say that I am quite sad and disappointed that Platinum Pool didn't care enough after his beat down to send a message my way :'(

• Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★

I did. 40 units and 100k gold.
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

So I encountered and defeated Platinum Pool for the 8th time today and I did NOT receive a message. Rebooted the game x2 just to make sure... I do have to say that I am quite sad and disappointed that Platinum Pool didn't care enough after his beat down to send a message my way :'(

Update us if you get anything. It would be a shame if nothing came out of this.