**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What is up with all the sub-par offers this week? I think I might know πŸ€”

G0311G0311 Posts: 913 β˜…β˜…β˜…
So the community has been unhappy, burned-out, and wanting some game revamp and some real for player changes, You think that Kabam would bring out the best version of it's deals this week but no, they brought out some of the worse. Why? Im thinking they are testing the waters, they want to see if we are still going to spend high and that we will just get our sily patties out of a twist and go back to normal.

This kind of started with Seatin and other youtubers. Kabam put out 2 statements, one dismissing and one hopeful for change. So far no ideas on any changes and (nothing against
him, he's got a channel to keep up ) today Seatin dropped 300$ plus on the game (i know it was sponsored but that's 300$ to Kabam) Kabam must see this as a , "oh ok they'll get over it."
Now I myself self spend, but I manage my money and so I compare all past deals of the same. Here are a comparison of today's offer with some older ones that are way better.
I really think if we want positive change then we must spend little to no, and not participate in AW/AQ until we see some positive changes or ideas.

And here are better ones

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,995 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Whalehunting
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I doubt it's because of seatin, but they definitely need better deals
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited May 2020

Aside from the fact that offers are planned months in advance, there's zero connection. Just like when 6.2 was announced or dropped and the 4* rank up bundle appeared, people went full tinfoil hat about that too. This isn't the first time we've seen terrible offers and I doubt the last time we'll see terrible offers.

Even though offers are planned out in advance, It would not be to hard to change it to a different offer. If they wanted to they could offer the best version of offers of each kind. It's doesn't seem that the offers are set in stone. They can push out offers , or gifts , I've seen in 24hrs or less, but that's not my point, which is ,..you would think they would do more to get our confidence, but instead this shows that they believe the negative feelings in the community will blow over and no major positive changes will be needed.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 β˜…β˜…β˜…

G0311 said:

Aside from the fact that offers are planned months in advance, there's zero connection. Just like when 6.2 was announced or dropped and the 4* rank up bundle appeared, people went full tinfoil hat about that too. This isn't the first time we've seen terrible offers and I doubt the last time we'll see terrible offers.

Even though offers are planned out in advance, It would not be to hard to change it to a different offer. If they wanted to they could offer the best version of offers of each kind. It's doesn't seem that the offers are set in stone. They can push out offers , or gifts , I've seen in 24hrs or less, but that's not my point, which is ,..you would think they would do more to get our confidence, but instead this shows that they believe the negative feelings in the community will blow over and no major positive changes will be needed.
    Everything is always easy to do. Wonder why more of us aren't successful game developers and programmers. Half of us should be running Kabam with how easy it is according to the community.
    Didn't say everything is easy but im familiar with some coding and pushing old offers is and shouldn't be hard. I have yet to hear from Kabam say specifically that it was a hard process, but that's not really my point.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,465 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    They’re trying to poach whales again...
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    KT1 trashed these offers on YouTube. Was quite entertaining.
  • ElhadjeeElhadjee Posts: 61 β˜…
    I am a ftp player and have only bought cyber monday deals for odins but that still hurts me.The way Kabam is heading just makes me pissed more everyday even though I am not a whale. There are more than 1000 comments on game upgrade(kinda) thread yet they still look us in the eye make fool of us. This deal cannot be accepted by any sensible person. How come a sig stone deal be worse than a year old offer just how? The moment you think Kabam has come to senses and will listen to us they just send a much worse deal. The 5000 unit deal was the same too. I guess they will learn it the hard way
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Placebo effect? Lower expectations so upcoming announcements seem tastier.

Idk they do say they plan these offers in advance. But the weirdest part of this todays offers is they are verifiably worse then any offers that came before them on the 6* sig stone.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Timone147 said:

Placebo effect? Lower expectations so upcoming announcements seem tastier.

Idk they do say they plan these offers in advance. But the weirdest part of this todays offers is they are verifiably worse then any offers that came before them on the 6* sig stone.

But its nowhere near the first time we've seen that.
  • ShadowLoneShadowLone Posts: 1 β˜…
    This is a really disgusting offer Kabam has ever provided. Is kabam suffering from backrupt lately, make them so theirsy for money? I highly believe anyone who approved and released this offer must have no shame. Kabam if you want people to have civil discussion here, then dont do anything uncivil at the very beginning!
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Sadly a lot of non whales buy these.

I have two alliance mates who have 600,000-750,000 over ratings buy the 5* sig stone offers for Aegon.

And many times when kabam has the $49 cavalier Crystal deals with the 5 cav crystals a couple champ boosts and 200,000 gold usually multiple alliance mates buy these.

Sometimes buy as many of these as kabam allows.

And I'm blown away.

But these guys would rather buy those offers to supplement their rosters rather than do crazy arena.

Since kabam radically under rewards beating content your choice is do a ton of arena to where you are getting 1-2K units a week from arena.

Look at Brain Grant.

He usually gets every milestone in every arena twice a week.

Thats roughly 1000 units before opening a battle crystal.

If you play enough arena you can earn 200,000 battlechips a week.

150,000 I suppose is more reasonable.

That's 4350 units from milestones a month and roughly 650-850k battlechips.

Which will probably net you another 2k units.

Let's round off at 6000.

Thats 30 cav crystals.

Based on drop rates. 15 three stars, 12 four stars, 3 five stars, and if God blesses you a chance for a 6*.

You might get lucky and pull 5 five stars.

Either way thats like 50 plus hours of arena a month.

Or you can spend 150$ and get that and do no arena.

• ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Unless you’re insider, otherwise Iβ€˜m really sceptical of where that β€œfact” are coming from.

Kabam should have schedule well in advance for EQ, new champs, road maps etc., yet I think those daily offers (especially the price) are pretty dynamic and I concur with some players’ view that these deals are testing the water and whale hunting. If less people purchased, the price may adjust quickly in next offer. This is different from those standard prompt offer after completion of certain events.
  • Frivolousz21Frivolousz21 Posts: 438 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    But long story short I wish no one would 3buy these terrible offers.

If they offered:

75 five star sig stones generic
    1 30 percent champ boost
    250,000 gold
    For 29$ that's more reasonable.

Or

75 five star sig stones generic
    50 five star sig stone crystals
    3 30 percent champ boosts
    500,000 gold
    For $49

Or

100 five star sig stones generic
    75 five star sig stone crystals
    1 five star rank 1-2 gem generic
    1 five star rank 2-3 gem generic
    5 greater health boosts
    3 greater attack boosts
    3 greater champ boosts
    1,000,000 gold
    For $99

I think those are fair deals.

I think kabam would make much more money offering that.

A ton of summoners would drop $100 to add 100 sigs to aegon, namor, caiw, void, blade, cull, AA, Medusa, starlord.

And those who need prestige boosts.

Notice I didn't put any 6* Sigs in there. Because at this point there should be no deals with 6* sig stones.

Because they are the quasi-future meta

And kabam would make a killing limiting the 6* sig bump while blowing up the 5* sig meta

There are 150+ five stars in the game.

YOU WOULD NEED TO GAIN 30,000 SIG LEVELS TO MAX EVER 5 STAR

So those deals don't break the game while giving the purchaser an instant ROI.

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Reference said:

Unless you’re insider, otherwise Iβ€˜m really sceptical of where that β€œfact” are coming from.

Kabam should have schedule well in advance for EQ, new champs, road maps etc., yet I think those daily offers (especially the price) are pretty dynamic and I concur with some players’ view that these deals are testing the water and whale hunting. If less people purchased, the price may adjust quickly in next offer. This is different from those standard prompt offer after completion of certain events.
    Miike and other mods have always commented in posts like these when closing them down. That's the info I am going off of. I do agree with what you said. It's how they find out what works. Bad part is there is always someone that buys the offers no matter how bad.