**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Hyperion aka superman before Direct TV is OP

Comments

• OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    @Mikeself9 @Crazybaca2323 it seems every time a "nerf this hero of that hero" comes up it quickly shifts from reason A: it's unfair they're too hard to beat or not fun" to B: well the people that have them have no skill and just spend like crazy to C: personal attacks . It's literally like clock work
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Wow og hero I totally agree these people are off there rocker!
  • Can we nerf dorm too then, cause he sucks too, maybe magic, and how bout iceman....i forgot cyclops is pretty tough too. Can we just nerf them all and join apocolypse in a good game of pokeman?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Golden Rule: don't mess with the cash flow.

Good defenders don't have to worry about the nerf stick. Being "hard to fight" is exactly what Kabam has been aiming for over the past 6 months or more.
  • Lets just play with the cards we are dealt, they nerfed our beloved sw (rip) I really dont think any one hero is above another at this point. Ill smash hype with og vision and call it a wrap.
  • Mikeself9 wrote: »
    nah, makes me look competitive and makes you look like a **** who is probably 200k and actually spends money on this game. Of course you can talk **** when the game is no longer challenge to you lol..you guys crack me up.

...and now this thread has jumped the shark. Challenge is relative to the level you play at. Tier 1 AW is never easy. And a crack because you decide to be a free player and someone else may pay? Pretty petty seeing as the game would shut down if there weren't players that pay. [/quote]

My point flew over your head. You guys keep mentioning War why? When I say it's not challenge I mean regular AI fights or modes like ROL. Of course if you're beating ROL and is fighting in tier 1 you're good enough to care less about an OP fighter at this point. But don't come one here if that's the case talking about people want him gone because they have no skill. You probably paid for 5 star shards and have him maxed. Of course you'd argue with me. But for the guys that are around 90k and dont have a roster full of 5* champs, Hyperion is a **** cheat code. Why make someone that is capable of winning without throwing one punch. Thats cool to yall? That sounds balanced or competitive?
  • ØmegåØmegå Posts: 22
    He uses his SP1 pretty aggressively. Just need to play him patiently.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Yes, it's balanced and competitive when you compare him to the other defenders that are WORSE than him in most modes of the game mentioned previously (Magik, dorm, iceman, Mordo, etc.). If you lose every time in arena to him, that's a skill issue man.

Kabam doesn't cater to the lower or newer players, that's not the target demographic. Nothing flew over my head (insert Drax joke here), it's just not applicable to the full game just because some players have a limited roster. I tried for his 5* multiple times and didn't get him, also don't have him as 4*. But I'll be pumped when I do pull him cause he's pretty awesome. That's how the game will always work, desirables and undesirables.
  • Growing very tire of all these nerf talk. Kabam doesn't need you to tell them who to nerf they will be happy to give whoever the DS treatment when they becomes too popular aka OP. I have Hyperion as avatar so yes abit biased but I also welcome rank down tickets when they nerf whoever they want. Learn to embrace the game as is and be happy before they all get nerfed to the Gwen/IP level.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    They're not going to nerf every Champ that presents a challenge. What would be the sense of that? We might as well pick up PoGo. One or two strong Abilities doesn't make a Champ OP. Totally disagree with this one.
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    Like I said no need to nerf just play the game, if it's to hard go play Mario cart or candy crush!
    @Apocalypse_810 , no one in the game starts off at 200-500k we all started low and worked out way up. We all had difficulty fight certain heroes back then but that didn't drive us to start asking for nerfs against challenging opponents. It's how the game works if you're at 90k eventually before you know it you'll be at 150k and so on. You'll have a larger roster, might even end up with a 4* hyp or 5*. No one is berating you for not having a high powered team or not having a high rating, so why would that be the fall back excuse against people who have put in the time and the effort and sometimes money as well( which by the way keeps this lovely game of ours afloat)? You gotta think and look at it from a different perspective, you might have the skills but don't have the roster yet. Totally noted , but that's how we all start out.
  • LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited June 2017

My point flew over your head. You guys keep mentioning War why? When I say it's not challenge I mean regular AI fights or modes like ROL. Of course if you're beating ROL and is fighting in tier 1 you're good enough to care less about an OP fighter at this point. But don't come one here if that's the case talking about people want him gone because they have no skill. You probably paid for 5 star shards and have him maxed. Of course you'd argue with me. But for the guys that are around 90k and dont have a roster full of 5* champs, Hyperion is a **** cheat code. Why make someone that is capable of winning without throwing one punch. Thats cool to yall? That sounds balanced or competitive?

If fighting a higher roster of champs is called a **** cheat code, then LOL, ROL, AW, AQ are all cheat codes. In the gamers` world this is called `challenge`. The more I hear your rebuttal on here the more I agree with the rest of the posts. You need to learn how to fight.
  • They're not going to nerf every Champ that presents a challenge. What would be the sense of that? We might as well pick up PoGo. One or two strong Abilities doesn't make a Champ OP. Totally disagree with this one.

He's not a challenge, he's a cheat code. And they wont? Well tell that to Thor, DS, SW, etc
  • And why do people fill like dormommu and Magik are harder than him? They actually fight and you can just not hit Magik when she gets limbo. Easy right? Hyperion rarely uses s1 or s2 though. The only game plan is hope he fights fair. Thats bs. You guys are not gonna win this argument. He's juiced and you know it. We can keep going in circles though. He should be nerfed, just my opinion. Dont like it start another thread and cry about it together. Superman belongs on DC only. The end guys. :wink:
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    And why do people fill like dormommu and Magik are harder than him? They actually fight and you can just not hit Magik when she gets limbo. Easy right? Hyperion rarely uses s1 or s2 though. The only game plan is hope he fights fair. Thats bs. You guys are not gonna win this argument. He's juiced and you know it. We can keep going in circles though. He should be nerfed, just my opinion. Dont like it start another thread and cry about it together. Superman belongs on DC only. The end guys. :wink:

I would like some of whatever you're smoking. Hyperion is way easier to beat than Dormammu or Magik. You can evade everything Magik does and still die from the damage you take from Limbo. Same with Dormammu and his degen.

• My point flew over your head. You guys keep mentioning War why? When I say it's not challenge I mean regular AI fights or modes like ROL. Of course if you're beating ROL and is fighting in tier 1 you're good enough to care less about an OP fighter at this point. But don't come one here if that's the case talking about people want him gone because they have no skill. You probably paid for 5 star shards and have him maxed. Of course you'd argue with me. But for the guys that are around 90k and dont have a roster full of 5* champs, Hyperion is a **** cheat code. Why make someone that is capable of winning without throwing one punch. Thats cool to yall? That sounds balanced or competitive?

If fighting a higher roster of champs is called a **** cheat code, then LOL, ROL, AW, AQ are all cheat codes. In the gamers` world this is called `challenge`. The more I hear your rebuttal on here the more I agree with the rest of the posts. You need to learn how to fight.

You should learn to read my guy. I said hyperion is a cheat code, not game modes. **** are you talking about genius? Lol ..stop replying to me and get off my post or learn to comprehend sentences. I can beat anybody on the game with no problem. I have maxed thor, 5* iron fist, Miles 4/40 who inflect weakness 3x ..I know how to fight and easily damn near beat dormummu solo with just miles on map 5. But don't throw champs on the **** game that literally wins by doing absolutely nothing. You obviously like him with him as your profile pic so you're biased anyways. But if you depend on him ask yourself how good you actually are. **** out of here.
    edited June 2017
    They're not going to nerf every Champ that presents a challenge. What would be the sense of that? We might as well pick up PoGo. One or two strong Abilities doesn't make a Champ OP. Totally disagree with this one.

He's not a challenge, he's a cheat code. And they wont? Well tell that to Thor, DS, SW, etc

That's not the reason those Champs were nerfed. It wasn't because they had one or two Abilities that made AQ or AW difficult. The game is supposed to have challenges. Why do you think Hyperion is a Mini-Boss?
  • They're not going to nerf every Champ that presents a challenge. What would be the sense of that? We might as well pick up PoGo. One or two strong Abilities doesn't make a Champ OP. Totally disagree with this one.

That's not the reason those Champs were nerfed.

Really? Then why Kabam?
  • spumington wrote: »
    And why do people fill like dormommu and Magik are harder than him? They actually fight and you can just not hit Magik when she gets limbo. Easy right? Hyperion rarely uses s1 or s2 though. The only game plan is hope he fights fair. Thats bs. You guys are not gonna win this argument. He's juiced and you know it. We can keep going in circles though. He should be nerfed, just my opinion. Dont like it start another thread and cry about it together. Superman belongs on DC only. The end guys. :wink:

I would like some of whatever you're smoking. Hyperion is way easier to beat than Dormammu or Magik. You can evade everything Magik does and still die from the damage you take from Limbo. Same with Dormammu and his degen.

But does it do as much damage as S3 twice? No? Didn't think so. You can still win against magik although you'll take damage. I dont expect to come out untouched.
    spumington wrote: »

But does it do as much damage as S3 twice? No? Didn't think so. You can still win against magik although you'll take damage. I dont expect to come out untouched.

So...don't get hit with an l3 twice. You can come out untouched against Hyperion. If you play a perfect game against Hyperion, you come out of it with full health. If you play a perfect game against Magik, you might still lose.
  • spumington wrote: »

So...don't get hit with an l3 twice. You can come out untouched against Hyperion. If you play a perfect game against Hyperion, you come out of it with full health. If you play a perfect game against Magik, you might still lose.

How sway!? Please tell me how to stop him from gaining power with champs made specifically to do that.
    @Apocalypse_810 Magjik, dorm just to name two deal automatic damage regardless of your skill. Also if I heard you correctly you stated you can solo or almost solo dorm on map 5 ass boss with a 4/40 miles?? Dorm in aq is not the same as a awakened dorm. Also you mentioned don't hit Magjik while she's in limbo?? Your forgetting about MD which causes her to gain power when you evade. I'm still scratching my head man on the reason why you want hyp nerfed. No automatic damage serveral counters to him hero wise and OG vision gains power faster than him.

• You should learn to read my guy. I said hyperion is a cheat code, not game modes. **** are you talking about genius? Lol ..stop replying to me and get off my post or learn to comprehend sentences. I can beat anybody on the game with no problem. I have maxed thor, 5* iron fist, Miles 4/40 who inflect weakness 3x ..I know how to fight and easily damn near beat dormummu solo with just miles on map 5. But don't throw champs on the **** game that literally wins by doing absolutely nothing. You obviously like him with him as your profile pic so you're biased anyways. But if you depend on him ask yourself how good you actually are. **** out of here.

Wow now I want to know what you are smoking too. I can only read as good as you type and I stated clearly that I am biase because he is my top champ. Why the **** would I go for him if he isn't good in some way ? Common sense please. Maybe it's auto evade that needed the nerf , speaking of doing nothing.
  • *Without
    edited June 2017

That's not the reason those Champs were nerfed.

Really? Then why Kabam?

Okay, you've already gone beyond offensive, but since you need to be educated, I'll do the honors.

The God Tier was named The God Tier because that's exactly what it was. They were OP beyond what we have now. It wasn't just the Abilities. It was a combination of all Abilities, Masteries, and Synergies, as well as the old percentage system that allowed people to multiply it exponentially. Regen, Power Gain, Crit, Nullify, Armor Break, on and on. Combine that with the ability to multiply it many times, and they were cutting through every area of the game. Not just AQ or AW. It wasn't about their Abilities. They were so OP, the Dev Team came to an impass in offering content.
    What you have is a Champ with Power Gain and stackable Incinerate. Both of which can be dealt with given some forethought and skill. Poison Immunity is not really unique to him. Neither is Stun. This game will never be without some sort of challenge or situation that requires strategy and effort. If they nerfed every challenge people had because it wasn't easy for them, we would be playing Pac-Man.
    @spumington you're absolutely correct, take a power drainer of simply anyone with stagger: hood, juggs, lady Thor and you can come out with an easy victory against hyp. Now go against Magjik and not get hit once you might still die from limbo. Go against an "awakened" dorm without getting hit you might still die from degen.
  • Lol have fun talking to yourself. I'm done with this conversation regardless of who comments. Dont like that me and a lot of others hate hyperion? Ignore our post. And stun magik instead of evading. Simple. Have a good one though guys.

How sway!? Please tell me how to stop him from gaining power with champs made specifically to do that.

Bait and counter his specials. He is usually super aggressive with his specials. Hyperion isn't the only champ with power gain. Why is he the only one that gives you problems? Honestly, Cable is harder than Hyperion.
    edited June 2017
    Double Post.