**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited May 2020
    Timone147 said:

I fundamentally disagree with that point @GroundedWisdom. It’s not flat out a negotiation but right now we are wanting a dialogue between kabam on what we(the consumer/customer) want to see from kabam(the company).

Imagine if my company I work for looked at our communication with our customers we try to have sell our products this way.

Imagine if we looked at feedback from what our consumers didn’t like or wanted to see different about our product this way.

Now you are right not everything can be incorporated but yes part of the communication is to get something out of it. That something is a change to the product you are hoping to see. Change to what you are getting from the person supplying the product. If everyone was asking for X from our product and we decide that we know better or if our customers want us to deliver a service and we refuse they will likely move on.

So yes customer/ consumer and the parent company communications do have a gives and gets relationship and yes it is fair to expect something out of the communication. Why would we bother with communication if that wasn’t the case.

Then you're not really talking about communication. That's negotiation. That's communication with a goal in mind. Communication is simply an open dialog so that both, or all, sides can understand each other. The only thing it involves exchanging is information. When you’re talking about wanting better communication, you're talking about information. More of it, and/or in a way that's digestible and sufficient for an understanding to be reached. That's the only real goal of communication, understanding through knowledge shared.
    Timone147 said:

Again I don’t think it a flat out negotiation though I would argue even that’s a form of communication.

Another analogy for example is a protest. This is a way for a large community of like minded people to communicate there opinions. This is intended to get a dialog going to spark change.

Again it’s a way of communicating with an intent in mind. But it isn’t a negotiation as there isn’t anything being leveraged to spark that change.

Communication with intent is not just negotiations. That is too narrow of a description. Most forms of communication have some sort of intent for the people in the conversation trying to get something out of it. You can be making a point for the intent of getting something changed without active negotiation.

Now in the case of a dialog we would get more of the rational for why changes aren’t going to happen versus a response similar to what I tell my children which is basically because I said so. Some more active dialog with the community I think would be helpfu. Taking into account what your consumers want and trying to put that into the game is a healthy environment for a community.

The subject I responded to was better communication. Better communication means better communication. Communication has only one intent. Which is why I made the distinction. People sometimes mistake communicating with getting something out of it, and that isn't what it's about. It's about presenting more information in a way that better communicates the sides involved. Once we start saying, "We want better communication so we can have more of a say in what they do.", that becomes something else, and it cheapens the process. Cooperation is another thing entirely. Better ways to communicate means they offer more information, more in-depth, in a way that helps us better understand. So many times I've heard the word transparency brought up here when what people really want is a say in their decisions. That's not transparency.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Ughzy said:

I have checked this thread every day since it started. Feel much the same to what many here have posted. But it is bonkers that kabam has effectively been silent to what is being said.

- Don't expect things to change right away.
    Even if we love your idea, it will be several months before anything changes. If we choose to impliment something, we need to plan out the new feature, create specification sheets, assign programming resources, test it several times, and finally release it. By the time the feature is in place, it will probably have been tweaked and modified in many ways, and you might not even recognize it.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I'm frustrated like 99% of the people here.

I have 7 paths left in 6.4, but am forced to pause on exploration because of T2A and T5B overflow, which means I have to let revives and energy refills expire. Why are inventory limits for rank-up resources even a thing when most people have trash 6* champs? Nobody should have to face these arbitrary blockers in their progression. I see zero incentive to continue when the options are either explore Act 6 and use the overflowing resources on the 6* cyclops I'll pull, or just do nothing until I luck out and pull a good champ.

I have 15 paths left in 6.4 and have recently found that I am not incentivized to finish it because I’m tired of having to grind arena like crazy to get the units to do it. It’s only recently that I realized why 6.4 exploration sucks so much when it’s arguably the best chapter in the act and it’s because so many of the lanes are massive unit suckers and for FTP or mostly FTP players like me have to spend an enormous amount of time in arena just to complete a few paths. Example, last week I did three paths: Diss Track in 6.4.4 (which was pretty easy), Vivified in 6.4.5 (which was an absolute nightmare), and Pull/Selective Timestream (which was difficult because most of the defenders had specials that are impossible to fully dodge). Those three combined cost me 2,600 units, mostly on the Vivified path and on the 6.4.5 Hydra Adaptiod boss whose attack is 40k. I still have three paths left 6.4.5 and I’m really not looking forward to grinding out the units to do it again (though I have the three easiest paths left). A lot of the paths were not designed to be cleared without items, even if you are a skilled player and that’s a big issue. A lot of the paths, even if you play really well, you’re gonna have to revive.
  • kubricknolankubricknolan Posts: 98
    edited May 2020
    Okay so i have a simple idea to make the champion acquisition from basic 5*/6* crystal more viable:

Make a new type of basic crystal and limit the pool to the champs that released or buffed in the last 3 years.

Excluding the latest champs from the last 3 months because of the featured crystals of course. This is roughly 80 champs out of 170+ which is less than half. These are reasonable odds at this point. And they can update the pool every 3 or 6 months like how they do it now.This is necessary considering the game is 5 and a half years old at this point. And it would save us from pulling a lot of bad champs that released in the first 2 years of the game.

And people who still want to acquire those old champs for collection purposes can still have the current basic crystal to try their luck.
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    I think it's fair to say that the number of replies on this thread shows how much people care about the game, and are invested in it whatever their level. I imagine many mobile devs could only dream of having such a big user base.

Some of the suggestions, like to Acts 6 and 7, would fix many issues for a significant subset of players, but boosting old champs first could arguably have the widest impact, benefiting all players. Just a Rating boost to all 2015 champions (barring Colossus and Hulkbuster) would be a start.

Hopefully we will get an answer soon on what can be done to improve the general player experience, accepting that there may be elements to this (staff time, parent company expectations, etc) that we aren't aware of.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    Chobbly said:

I think it's fair to say that the number of replies on this thread shows how much people care about the game, and are invested in it whatever their level. I imagine many mobile devs could only dream of having such a big user base.

Some of the suggestions, like to Acts 6 and 7, would fix many issues for a significant subset of players, but boosting old champs first could arguably have the widest impact, benefiting all players. Just a Rating boost to all 2015 champions (barring Colossus and Hulkbuster) would be a start.

Hopefully we will get an answer soon on what can be done to improve the general player experience, accepting that there may be elements to this (staff time, parent company expectations, etc) that we aren't aware of.

I think a pure ratings boost to old champions would end up doing more harm than good unfortunately. They would still lack utility which would keep them behind the newer, better options. So ultimately people still won't really use them on attack but now they'd be more difficult on defense.
    RogerRabs said:

I think a pure ratings boost to old champions would end up doing more harm than good unfortunately. They would still lack utility which would keep them behind the newer, better options. So ultimately people still won't really use them on attack but now they'd be more difficult on defense.

I suspect you may be right, there's not a lot which can be done about the lack of utility of some of the early champions. It might soften the blue of pulling a 5* or 6* Juggernaut or Iron Patriot somewhat though. It might also help tide players over until they get better champs.

The newer options may always be first but would be nice if the old champs could be a less than ideal but still acceptable second, and not just left on the bench for Arena.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I'm shocked to my core at the fact that AW Season 18 is just going on without any changes to rewards. It's absurd.

Why are you shocked? Kabam is very unlikely to change season rewards for a while
    It hasn't been that long since Season Rewards have been changed.
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

I'm shocked to my core at the fact that AW Season 18 is just going on without any changes to rewards. It's absurd.

Just go to an alliance where wars are itemless. It makes war stress free, best decision I made when I switched alliances.
  • Amadeo01Amadeo01 Posts: 212 ★★★

Just go to an alliance where wars are itemless. It makes war stress free, best decision I made when I switched alliances.
    Well, my alliance (plat 3 tier 3) runs off-season item free (and I assume most alliances do the same). But running item free basically means 2 options: (1) only go up one side of the map in hopes that you'll have enough healthy champs to clear the minis/boss, or (2) go and try to take assigned lanes for practice, but with little to no hope of clearing the boss.
  • LunaeLunae Posts: 371 ★★★
    VisaQ said:

My issue with this act 7 beta, is its the same as act 6... The content is so champion specific, and you never know when you may land 1 of the champs you need to complete the content. It needs to be set up so that you can use more than 10 champs to beat it.

Yeah the RNG based progression feel really bad. Either You get the "required" champion and be able to move on or You stuck. Also 2weeks without response from Kabam i wonder if it will take 2 years to implement any solutions.
    Is it though? I understand being stuck on a boss from not having the right champions, but unless a players done exploration on 6.1 and 6.2 they still have all of act 6 to chip away at doing whatever paths they can until they do have all the right champions to 100%.

Act 6 completion isn’t impossible and can be achieved relatively cheaply with some revives and units, which shouldn’t be a problem, unless players are spending them all on cav crystals, since units and items are much easier to come by now. I surprisinly got through act 6 completion with a handful of items, I dont even think I used units outside of energy refills.
    It may seem never ending but this thread isn't useless. Yes, there's a wide variety of options and experiences which feed the posts on this thread but from their individual perspectives they are all valid.

Whilst I hope we hear something soon, there have been many issues raised in this thread. Discussing them all will take time, I'm sure. Deciding what can be done, and when it can be done, also can't be done without planning and probably management buy-in too. And if resource isn't freely available, other bodies of work would get put aside.

A token gesture may help while the discussions are going on, and updates that the discussions are going on. Also helpful may be an acknowledgement that x or y is an issue, even if nothing can be announced about it.

Trying to stay positive :-)