**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

General Game Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    Quick buffs to old champions wouldn't fix everything, but it would be a start. It wouldn't make the older champs trouble Corvus, Aegon or Namor but it might make them more useful and potential alternatives for players until they get the better champs.

Overloaded crystals and drop rates, Act 6/7 and node issues, all of those might need longer term changes to put the fun back into the game.

Maybe we'll get an update later on today.

• TomahCTomahC Posts: 3
    These are just some of my thoughts that I think may improve the game:-
    1) Introduce 5* nexus crystals at the same cost as 15000 shards (same as featured). A lot of the content now is reliant on specific champions.
    2) Introduce an incursions store similar to the glory store that players can spend artefacts on. Incursions are fun but if you have all the 5*s and plenty of gold, there’s no real incentive to play. Perhaps introduce 6* dungeon crystals.
    3) Have mastery profiles that players can create I.e. suicide mastery profile, mystic dispersion profile that players can select which one they want to use and can change mastery profiles with a click of a button with the costs of changing profiles displayed there.
    4) Tone down Act 6 and more importantly nerf the champion boss of 6.2. It is such a roadblock that players don’t want to complete Act 6. I think a way to satisfy players would have been kept act 6.1 (and continue this for the rest of the chapters) in the way it was until the deadline of the legends run and once the legend run deadline is finished, nerf the attack values, nodes etc so that the less hardcore players can complete the content. Perhaps buff the legends run rewards and the increase the amount of people that can win - I think this is the only way to please both the hardcore and the casual players.
    5) Rethink monthly event quests - it’s ridiculous that there’s 5 difficulties to complete the same content, once or twice is enough. Maybe have the rewards from the 2 easier difficulties put into the harder difficulties at the cost of extra energy required to complete those quests (for cavalier players).
    6) Give players a bigger opportunity to get signature stones. Reduce the gap between the whales and the free to play players. Free to play players can no longer be in top alliances because the prestige gap is too much.
    7) Introduce a help all button in arenas. The arena grind process needs to be sped up.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    So different item of feedback. This Corvus situation. This is another example of ninja changes in the background not being communicated.

If there is a bug you are working to correct please be transparent and up front. Don’t be working a fix in the background while people are still making decisions around that champ. Don’t avoid the difficult conversation with the community because it’s only worse later when it goes live.

Unless you are planning full blown material returns like the champion rebalances then you need to communicate this immediately the moment you decide that an interaction is unintended. This will allow people to make other decisions between discovery and fix at the very least.

This is another practice that has been so infuriating lately that you realize there is an interaction you did not intend that has been around for a long time and a fix is worked in the background without communicating the interaction is not intended and is going to be corrected. These are typically not in the players favor so it feel deceitful.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    I think and again this is my opinion,

A small snippet of what’s coming soon would be great not only for those worried about the state of the game but also makes room for potentially more stuff to be announced later on
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    Tevepata said:

That would be much less gambling and much more fair trade, to give something for the money. What about the vision sales? Was that a bad way for the company and for the players? I do not think so. We are different, some people has a poor imagination and creativity, some of us has richer. The exciting creativity is missing from this game big time. Did they want us, to get excitid of the incursions? Hmmmmmmmmm. Anything exciting there? Big rewards? Hero sales should be more expensive, the gambling cheaper for example. Just an idea.

I don't think removing the RNG element is smart. This whole game is built on the premise of RNG, and by removing it, it's no longer the same game. Although I would love to get to pick out what characters I get, I don't think that it's smart to mess with something that they already have. RNG is what keeps us coming back for more. It's like gambling. You win some you lose some, but that enticement of winning is what keeps us coming back.

It's the psychological phenomenon known as overjustification. Players then come to expect the good reward, and in turn, don't play the game as much since they know that they can always get the good champ. If RNG was preserved, the players wouldn't know if they will get a good champ or bad champ, which would make them play the game more in order to get more tries at a good champ.
  • ElfOnTheShelfElfOnTheShelf Posts: 15
    First off I wanna iterate why i'm starting this thread. Kabam has removed this from my original thread, and I want it to be heard... It's been well over 2 weeks since we've heard from kabam and not only I, but many think kabam at the very least owes it's playerbase some form of response. I'm going to expand upon this as well as my reception of the recent maintenance compensation.

i) As mentioned above it's been well over two weeks since we've last heard anything from kabam. As an ever evolving game with what is a considerably large player base, it's important to keep everyone up to date. The lack of responsibility shown by kabam is a real shame imo. A weekly update with a few details here and there would be adequate... Something like "so we've talked over all your guys concerns and we've decided we're going to address a, b & c as our main priorities within the coming # of weeks, followed by ..." or something like "so here's our original roadmap for next month, and here's what we've adjusted it to...". Something like that isn't so difficult. The fact that kabam has taken so long really shows a lack of responsibility and understanding.

ii) On another note, as far as maintenance compensation goes, this was really nice, however imo it was far from adequate. What i mean by this is that recently, over the past few months we've had absurd amounts of emergency maintenance and server downtime, and I get it, technology isn't always cooperative, but before, kabam use to give something small, like the pots, revives and energy refills we got for each and every server downtime/emergency maintenance occurrence, and now its become a rare event to get any compensation. Because this is now a rare occurrence some are actually satisfied with this compensation, as no one was expecting it. However, we cannot let this distract us from the goal at hand, we have to stay focused on how kabam can better the game for all. This compensation does not resolve trash champs being part of the 6* pool or RNG deciding what you get from a 6* crystal you worked months for or ridiculous node combinations, etc. The fact that no one was expecting this maintenance compensation also speaks volumes about how the how kabam as a company has really changed, because none of this compensation costs them anything, i mean for goodness sake its just a bunch of code, so what difference to them would it really make to show understanding for their player base.

Anyways, that's my two cents... I'd appreciate if we did get an answer sometime soon

Regards
    ElfOnTheShelf
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Wozzy101 said:

Seriously. We’re 67 pages deep. Can someone at Kabam give an indication, a timeline of when we’re to expect some communication back?

Well considering we still haven't gotten any announcements that the CCP members have been teasing about, and over-hyping everything up as usual, and its Friday, we won't see anything until next week, again... most likely.

I feel like they should have told the CCP member to keep quiet about their presentation, because once we got word, we wanted to know, and they always drag everything, whether its announcements, update rewards, arena, etc... acting like it'll so called "break" the game and ruin the "economy"...

So do not expect any future announcements to fix it all, it will come maybe a couple weeks, even months down the line, then they'll say it'll take about 8 - 10 months to fix/change/upgrade everything ;-) ....
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    edited May 2020
    I feel the major changes need to come to act 6. I recently became cavalier, and I have no incentive to continue act 6. It all started with the gates and champion requirements completely based on RNG, then the nodes became ultra specific, and the champion fight is just BS. There needs to be heavy changes to act 6, to make it's completion attainable to the mid level players who probably have some 4/55s and a couple of six stars. There can be compensation for the endgame players who are done with act 6. Though, I'm not just ranting. Kabam had done some good stuff too. The monthly side events are fun and varied, and I feel that based on what I've seen, the grandmaster fight was well designed. It's just a few enormous blots on the page that is causing burnout. I love this game and will definitely keep playing, but i think there needs to be some more player satisfaction.

I don't know how much of this has been voiced, and I'm sure that some will disagree with me. I welcome anyone's thoughts on this, but let's keep it civil. It's just a personal opinion.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Still no response from Kabam? This is getting ridiculous. Also @Tevepata Sentinel is a beast is Act 6, I use him all the time for exploration. One of the top tech champs in game.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,036 ★★★★★

Hey Everybody,

I wanted to let you know that we've posted a Short Term Roadmap here:https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/198902/marvel-contest-of-champions-short-term-roadmap

Now, this does not address all of the comments and concerns that you guys have raised, but as we mention in the post, we're taking time to step back and look at our long term plans, your comments/concerns, and making pivots where we need to.

This is just a look at the changes in the next 1-3 months. We're also going to do a bigger longer-term piece next month, including some information on our priorities in-game, and how they have changed due to your feedback.

It's a start! Can we assume that the issues with Act 6 and champion acquisition will be addressed in the long-term roadmap?
    Solutions to both might be included, but we will definitely talk about them.
    What abudt cavalier difficult if it that wil be name that’s
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,546 ★★★★★
    A buff to uncollected rewards would be nice. But a caviler mode is needed a lot.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Raganator said:

There is literally nothing in the short term roadmap that is exciting.

Updated AQ and nodes. No quality of life improvements mentioned. Just more nodes and new defenders. Yay. I don't know if I would classify that as "Improvements".

Updated AW rewards and defensive nodes. Still going to be.a bad experience. You literally mention that the nodes are currently not working as you had hoped, but kept them on for Season 18 to milk your player base.

Successfully now monetized AQ entry fees.

No interesting new content until at least August. Guess I'll stick around to find out?

Leadership tools. Probably nice for leadership.

I guess maybe the increased rewards in AOL are cool, but who knows since only a vague reference was made.

"Successfully now monetized AQ entry fees." You normally would have to make a donation to pay for AQ maps anyway, AQ tickets are no different.